Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

closed hostaddicts.com appraisal (developed site)

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyDev

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why?

The site is banned from Google Adsense for invalid clicks. I have taken the necessary procedures to appeal for a reinstatement, but was told that I could not be reinstated.

Email from Google said:
Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Please note that we have certain policies in place that we believe will
help ensure the effectiveness of Google ads for our publishers as well as
our advertisers. We have thoroughly re-reviewed your account data upon
receipt of your response and have reconfirmed that invalid clicks were
generated on the ads on your site. According to our policy on this matter,
we are unable to reinstate you into the program.

We appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,

The Google AdSense Team

I tried to make my appeal as brief as possible. It seems no matter how I try to explain my innocence regarding the click fraud, they couldn't care less.

God it really sucks to have your site banned from Google..

Revenue:

It was earning around $1-$4 daily before it got banned. I cannot prove this however because I cannot log into my adsense account anymore.

It is making $26.00 per month for the sponsored text links on the left sidebar. All 3 banners you see on the forum are bringing in $45 each month (They are $15 each).

To sum it all up, this site earns around $77.00 each month from sponsors. Has potential for more. The sponsors' advertisements are static and not in rotations.

Traffic:

January - Feb 18 stats:
http://files3.imagedemon.com/upload/27022006184959/060219021114-906950150--1.jpg

Feb 20 - 28 stats:
http://www.img-upload.com/uploads/feb20-28.gif

March stats:
http://www.img-upload.com/uploads/march.gif

At the moment, the site receives about 142.70 uniques / day on average.

Forum stats:

Threads: 595
Members: 654

If you would like screenshots from the Admin CP regarding how many posts are made daily, etc. let me know and I'll PM you.

Paid posters / registrations:

I have paid many people to post. Around 200 of the members came from the referral contest where I paid members $0.50 for every referral they made. I have also paid a few (around 5) people to make 10 posts for $1.00 at SitePoint and that's about it.

Majority of the forum members have come from search engines and advertisements/signatures on other forums.

Backlinks:

Search hostaddicts or host addicts on Google. We have alot of backlinks from forums as I have spent alot of time advertising on other forums and posting on other forums simply to give my signature (which links to hostaddicts) some exposure. I have also exchanged with alot of webmaster related sites. I believe that has also helped a bit.

Anything else you need to know:

Anything else you need to know to be able to judge the value of my site? Let me know.

I really really regret having to even think about selling my site, but with it being banned from Google, it just makes me feel that all my hard work is being put to waste. Pretty sure that would greatly affect the site's value, but what can I do about it, Google has made their final decision on the appeal.. :(

Your appraisals and thoughts are HIGHLY appreciated.

Domain Summit 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom