Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news Hosting platform Epik can’t pay any of its users right now

NameGala

Level 1
Reaction score
I'm not dodging any because they're not right here in front of me to argue.
You are. You said you can't go to NP because you're banned. Well, you can go and argue on Twitter. Go right to the Epik account, plenty of replies where you can tell they people they're lying, that the proof they're posting is fake, tell Epik they're lying.

Domain summit 2024

NameGala

Level 1
Reaction score
Sounds like a registry problem, not a registar.
What kind of problem does this sound like to you. Still hasn't been paid yet, over 8 months ago:

"Kathleen Kalaf says she sold a domain through Epik for $100,000 on September 27 and still hasn’t received her money. She’s counting on the $91,000 proceeds (after fees) for retirement."

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are. You said you can't go to NP because you're banned. Well, you can go and argue on Twitter. Go right to the Epik account, plenty of replies where you can tell they people they're lying, that the proof they're posting is fake, tell Epik they're lying.
1686169861377.png
I'm not as big of a domainer anymore to go out of my way to buy, sell, and talk domain names anywhere else.

They can come here and I'll address it. Otherwise, it's just white noise to me because I'm not going there.

Call me a fool, but I've put my full faith in Epik... and if it fails, I fall back on my domains still being safe and secure as ICANN will assign them to another registrar as they've done in the past. Why would I transfer a domain that has 6 months on it out if I'm unsure that I want to renew it or not and still need those 6 months to decide? I'm putting unwarranted stress on finances moving domains with a) it'll all be resolved and blow over or b) they'll transfer over to another registrar and I'll still have 6 (maybe 5 by then) months left. So, why in the world would anyone transfer out? It's out of fear, and not knowing policy.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What kind of problem does this sound like to you:

Yep. Unsubscribed after that.

Much like when I staff at NamePros and was a paid commenter in a gorilla warfare style marketing ploy to draw users' conversations over, I brought that tactic to DNF as the Director. I put out 100 comments across all the blogs. Though, I do not have any interest in reading blogs anymore. However, since I did that, I am subscribed to all of them, and that one article caught my eye in the subject line. I was then drawn in and commented on twice. As articles are emailed to me, they're generally moved to "Promotions", but if they hit my inbox, I try to find the time to unsubscribe.

GOT ME! On such a weak, weak position.

NameGala

Level 1
Reaction score
Yep. Unsubscribed after that.

Much like when I staff at NamePros and was a paid commenter in a gorilla warfare style marketing ploy to draw users' conversations over, I brought that tactic to DNF as the Director. I put out 100 comments across all the blogs. Though, I do not have any interest in reading blogs anymore. However, since I did that, I am subscribed to all of them, and that one article caught my eye in the subject line. I was then drawn in and commented on twice. As articles are emailed to me, they're generally moved to "Promotions", but if they hit my inbox, I try to find the time to unsubscribe.

GOT ME! On such a weak, weak position.
lol, what? Your reply is one of the more ridiculous ones I've seen in awhile. Of course blogs, news etc post stories of interest and they get traffic, normal stuff. So the story is on a blog you don't like so you won't address it. Ok, direct from source:

NameGala

Level 1
Reaction score
Can you not admit that it's a registry problem before moving on? Are you that dense in a debate?
Your posts are really just out there, denial of reality type stuff. Your last response was completely ridiculous. You're really not worth debating because your foundation doesn't seem to be one of reality.

I pointed you to an issue of somebody not getting $91,000 and your reply is, oh that blog is posting that story to get traffic, "gorilla warfare style marketing"? So blogs, news organizations are not supposed to report stuff?

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol, what? So the story is on a blog you don't like so you won't address it. Ok, direct from source:

I did see the post, watched the video, and commented on it, as previously stated.

I don't have a comment because there are now two entities: Epik Holdings and Epik LLC. I can't form my opinion until the books (liabilities) of Epik Holdings is addressed, nor should anyone jump to conclusions so fast either. They have already admitted to a cash flow issue. Moving money, big money, takes time. It's unfortunate that she's caught up in $91,000, as that is her retirement fund, but in my humble opinion, I believe she will be made whole from either one of the entities when the dust settles, as Epik LLC is in its infancy stage with just a registrant. Surely, once the new organizational charts are done and it's divvied up who owns what percentage, it'll move out of that status and probably incorporate somewhere else; Epik already said this is common practice.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your posts are really just out there, denial of reality type stuff. Your last response was completely ridiculous. You're really not worth debating because your foundation doesn't seem to be one of reality.

I pointed you to an issue of somebody not getting $91,000 and your reply is, oh that blog is posting that story to get traffic, "gorilla warfare style marketing"? So blogs, news organizations are not supposed to report stuff?
Why are you putting words into my mouth? You can read what I wrote.

I said when I worked for NamePros, I commented on blogs. I carried that tactic here, and linked to all the blog comments I made. This made me an email subscriber. One email found its way to my inbox, where I replied off topic, and I just replied on topic, here, that I can't form an opinion of it yet.
I don't have a comment because there are now two entities: Epik Holdings and Epik LLC. I can't form my opinion until the books (liabilities) of Epik Holdings is addressed, nor should anyone jump to conclusions so fast either. They have already admitted to a cash flow issue. Moving money, big money, takes time. It's unfortunate that she's caught up in $91,000, as that is her retirement fund, but in my humble opinion, I believe she will be made whole from either one of the entities when the dust settles, as Epik LLC is in its infancy stage with just a registrant. Surely, once the new organizational charts are done and it's divvied up who owns what percentage, it'll move out of that status and probably incorporate somewhere else; Epik already said this is common practice.

You harp on such silly things or English is your second language, or a bit of both.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm denying reality?

Read below and tell me with a straight face that this is a registrar (Epik) problem and not a registry (GoDaddy, etc.) with what they wrote.
Epik even said some renewals are still not going through.

At least be somewhat objective.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I am being told, and tend to believe:

The people that lawyered up won't be paid out as quickly as they hoped because there is a separate release process to settle. Otherwise, everyone else will be made whole because there are allocated funds to Masterbucks from the sales proceeds.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gee willikers, @NameGala. This PPC/traffic name was coming up for renewal and, would you look at that? I made a manual payment with a new credit card and it was renewed!

1686173481714.png

Important Dates
Expires On 2024-09-05
Registered On 2019-09-05
Updated On 2023-06-07
Source: https://who.is/whois/greensliquor.com

Maybe I shouldn't believe a thing you say anymore. It just seems like you're paraphrasing people out of context, trying to relay grievances without having a handle on the actual situation.

Is this point #2 now?

I've renewed two domain names today without a problem.

Off to bed, but as seen and firmly believed, see signature:

Level 4
Reaction score
Read below and tell me with a straight face that this is a registrar (Epik) problem and not a registry (GoDaddy, etc.) with what they wrote.

Guess what... They didn't pay the registry (GoDaddy, .co). They (registry) stopped them from doin regs and renewals.

Whose at fault here. The registrar or Registry?

You continuously state there's Epik LLC now who took over and are keen of being given facts.

Show me proof of another entity buying Epik. At this time there's zero proof the registrar was sold to another entity bar random claims made.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whose at fault here. The registrar or Registry?
If you can read, you are correct in that they failed to pay. However, after receiving payment, this tweet implies that GoDaddy wasn't fast enough to turn services back on.

I don't know why this has to be dumbed down this much to make this the registries fault: It's much like in the old days when you forgot to pay your cable bill and then you went to make a payment the same day at 4:59 PM, one minute before closing, but the service wasn't turned on until the next day. You still paid before closing, so why didn't they turn on your cable so that you could watch the evening news? The bill was settled... but your services were still not turned on. Do you get the drift here whatsoever?
Show me proof of another entity buying Epik. At this time there's zero proof the registrar was sold to another entity bar random claims made.
Now you're just making stuff up. It's clearly in the Asset Purchase Agreement (where the $4.9 million came from) that the buyer is Epik LLC (Wyoming) and the seller is Epik Holdings (Washington).

There's no random claim made. It's all there in the document. It's sold.

Is it confusing because of similar names? What don't you understand?

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We have a insanely big topic on it here: https://dn.ca/topic/epik-cant-pay-any-of-its-users-right-now.2226/

Seems to aggregate the whole affair

View attachment 7821
It does seem like the same thing rehashed 80 different ways.

I don't want to get into it with Brad as he is insanely biased, from the jump, anything Epik. I could compliment Epik on the nice web design it has versus Tucows, and he'd still flip it into some political bullshit or argue that it's not appealing because...

But to anyone asking about the $91,000 and other people waiting for their money...
The people that lawyered up won't be paid out as quickly as they hoped because there is a separate release process to settle. Otherwise, everyone else will be made whole because there are allocated funds to Masterbucks from the sales proceeds.

The same faces are in there bashing Epik that I've seen from 2011-2015... no facts themselves, just jumping on the train of other people's stories, forgetting the most important thing about stories: There's Epik's side, there's their side, and there's the truth that lies somewhere in between.

Wait until the sale closes and accounts are transferred... and if nothing moves, I'll stop defending them. But when we're speaking Millions, it's not just 1 person opening a new bank account and wiring all funds over as if it could you and I opening a single checking account. There are a lot more complexities in that alone, like determining which company owns what portions of what accounts, to include their corporate credit line.

NameGala

Level 1
Reaction score
It does seem like the same thing rehashed 80 different ways.

I don't want to get into it with Brad as he is insanely biased, from the jump, anything Epik. I could compliment Epik on the nice web design it has versus Tucows, and he'd still flip it into some political bullshit or argue that it's not appealing because...

But to anyone asking about the $91,000 and other people waiting for their money...

The same faces are in there bashing Epik that I've seen from 2011-2015... no facts themselves, just jumping on the train of other people's stories, forgetting the most important thing about stories: There's Epik's side, there's their side, and there's the truth that lies somewhere in between.

Wait until the sale closes and accounts are transferred... and if nothing moves, I'll stop defending them. But when we're speaking Millions, it's not just 1 person opening a new bank account and wiring all funds over as if it could you and I opening a single checking account. There are a lot more complexities in that alone, like determining which company owns what portions of what accounts, to include their corporate credit line.
This is nonsense. Example used. They took in the money 8 months ago. Haven't paid it out. And there are other cases of the same thing. And again, because you renewed some names, doesn't magically make the other stuff untrue.
----------
"I don't want to get into it with Brad as he is insanely biased"

That's yet another excuse. Then don't get into it with him. You pick and choose who you respond too and most forums have Ignore/Block features. You're making excuses for not going to places where most of the conversation is happening. I think it's because you know you would not hold up in those conversations.

Let's drill down to 1 specific example used already. How do you defend Epik not paying out $91,000 after 8 months?

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators