Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How do you spell Premo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jump

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Primo or Premo? I think Premo, like premo domains. I just got off the phone with my brother and asked him out of the blue how he would spell it and he said primo.

Upvote 0

Jump

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When my straight A children got off the bus this afternoon I asked them each separately how to spell it and they both said premo. I realize it is not the perfect name it is just something to work with for the cost of registration. If you look on google image you will see a variety of products that are premo brand.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Time to hold teachers accountable.

and look for a new school district.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

primo
adjective, slang
of the very best kind <thanked the volunteers for a really primo job on the parish fund-raiser>
Synonyms A-OK, A1, awesome, bang-up, banner, beautiful, blue-chip, blue-ribbon, boffo, bonny (also bonnie) [chiefly British], boss [slang], brag, brave, bully, bumper, capital, choice, classic, cool [slang], corking, crackerjack, cracking, dandy, divine, dope [slang], down [slang], dynamite, fab, fabulous, famous, fantabulous [slang], fantastic, fine, first-class, first-rate, first-string, five-star, four-star, frontline, gangbusters (also gangbuster), gilt-edged (or gilt-edge), gone [slang], grand, great, groovy, heavenly, high-class, hot, hype [slang], immense, jim-dandy, keen, lovely, marvelous (or marvellous), mean, neat, nifty, noble, number one (also No. 1), numero uno, out-of-sight [slang], par excellence, peachy, peachy keen, phat [slang], prime, primo [slang], prize, prizewinning, quality, radical [slang], righteous [slang], sensational, slick, splendid, stellar, sterling, superb, superior, superlative, supernal, swell, terrific, tip-top, top, top-flight, top-notch, top-of-the-line, topping [chiefly British], top-shelf, unsurpassed, wizard [chiefly British], wonderful
Related Words acceptable, adequate, all right, decent, good, OK (or okay), passable, satisfactory, tolerable; better, exceptional, fancy, high-grade, high-test, premium, select, special, superfine; classical, standard, traditional

Now enter the word premo in that same (authoritative) source:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/premo

Jump

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You really are a nudnik, I haven't gone through your posting history but this has been a nice sampling. I am sure you have 17k post of more of the same.

What you don't get is that it is intuitive. Half the people are going to spell it Premo even when they name their children and anyone that sees it in text will get it immediately. Enough so that their are branded products already with it like Premo Beer. With and i it looks like it sounds like Prymo to me. I registered it today so I hadn't made up my mind on it when I posted I wanted to discuss it here because that is what this place is for so give it a rest and **** off.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You asked for proper spelling.

You are given the proper spelling along with the word roots.

You don't like the answer.

It goes against what you want to hear in hopes that your domain is a gold mine.

If you have a few million bucks to brand your premo, well...have at it. Then some other chump will come along and reg preemo.

Fact is, there is one primo.

Sorry your wife and children disagree with the accepted standard and the version used by the majority of the world.

Jump

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did not ask for proper spelling, I asked how you spell it. I didn't need links to google to to show me the dictionary. My wife and kids don't disagree they just answered a weird question I asked them out of no where. I posted the results. I don't think I have a gold mine in premodomains.com it is a hand registered name in 2011! primodomains.com is for sale I don't care I am not going to buy it and it is probably only a 500$ domain.

So far in my survey 1 primo 3 premo that is real life not google searchers.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jump, you live in Florida? What part? I live in Pembroke Pines, just between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale.

Reason I ask is because if you lived around here, you would know the correct spelling is Primo's.

There is

Primo's Pizza & Pasta
Primo's Restaurant Lounge
Primo's Tax Services
Primo's Supermarket
Los Primo's Welding & Machine
Los Primo's Unisex
Primo's Restaurant
Primo's Liquor

A search for "Premo" comes up with one local search:

Premo's Subs

And that is the owner's Last Name.

Primo = "Of top quality or importance."
Premo = "Did you mean Primo?"

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Here is some more stats for you.

Primo - 5,000,000 Global Searches - 550,000 Local Searches
Premo - 74,000 Global Searches - 18,100 Local Searches

Primo - 60,500 Exact Global Searches - 9,900 Exact Local Searches
Premo - 6,600 Exact Global Searches - 1,000 Exact Local Searches

Source: Google Keyword Tool

Jump

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Premo is the new American way to say/spell it not Latin,Cuban or French :) Websters need to update. Thanks for the info. I think this thread is a good lesson in analyzing miss spell names so it is a success. It also shows how words that are similar have been used in branding products in the past. After I did some preliminary research into "premo domains" I saw it posted on this board a few times in a search. I initially thought of it while listening to domainsherpa.com interview and hearing it said a bunch of times. So i did a look up it was available. Click done, now i need to change history to save me the whatever the guy that has primodomains.com wants for the correct but gay way to spell it.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Premo is the new American way to say/spell it not Latin,Cuban or French :) Websters need to update. Thanks for the info. I think this thread is a good lesson in analyzing miss spell names so it is a success. It also shows how words that are similar have been used in branding products in the past. After I did some preliminary research into "premo domains" I saw it posted on this board a few times in a search. I initially thought of it while listening to domainsherpa.com interview and hearing it said a bunch of times. So i did a look up it was available. Click done, now i need to change history to save me the whatever the guy that has primodomains.com wants for the correct but gay way to spell it.

This has to be one of the top ten most ignorant posts ever made on this forum.

What you heard on Domain Sherpa, was "Primo" not "Premo". Ask him.

Good luck with your endeavors.

Jump

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't see why you guys have to be insulting but whatever you wouldn't say it to my face I am sure of that. I have been light hearted with a humorous attitude in here but you all really test a person. It was a couple bucks to register who cares enough to start crap about it.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have no problem speaking the truth of any matter. Your post was ignorant and I'd tell you in person if we were in person. If you felt it to be offensive, sorry to hear that buddy, but that doesn't change my opinion.

Jump

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My post was meant to be funny, you are just to dumb to get it.

These are named after Primo a boys name.

Primo's Pizza & Pasta
Primo's Restaurant Lounge
Primo's Tax Services
Primo's Supermarket
Los Primo's Welding & Machine <---i am not sure about the this with the Los
Los Primo's Unisex
Primo's Restaurant
Primo's Liquor

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the past few weeks, the forum has been flooded with people who want opinions on names, appraisals, etc.

The reality is, they do not opinions or even the truth...they want people to agree with them which will, infact, embed a sense of elation over their ignorance.

So, if you did not want the correct spelling or usage of a word that you are convinced is a gem, why the fvck even ask how to spell primo?

For your join date, it seems you would have had some sort of eventual knowledge on domains, names, words, etc.

Words such as you posted are meaningless because it does not mean what you want it to mean.

The actual spelling of primo has meaning and is founded based on latin roots.

Your word premo has the advantage of being used by others who do not know the proper spelling and usage. Does that mean they are ignorant? No. It means they are wrong also.

So, the final answer to your question:

How do you spell Premo?

is exactly how you spelled it P-R-E-M-O.

What does it mean? Nothing.

It almost like a trick question, such as how do you spell domane?

D-O-M-A-N-E.

Does that make it the same worth and impact of the word domain? Nope.

Last edited:

Jump

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Premo slang for Premium <--- See the E in Premium? Premo shortened modern way to spell it....already been discussed, refer to page 1. If you saw it you would know what it means.

I don't need you to agree it is better that you don't. Anybody else want to explain how wrong I am?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Premo slang for Premium <--- See the E in Premium? Premo shortened modern way to spell it....already been discussed, refer to page 1. If you saw it you would know what it means.

I don't need you to agree it is better that you don't. Anybody else want to explain how wrong I am?
You are a perfect example why many people do not even give advice on the forum...the person wanting the advice or opinions does not like the answers given.

One of these days, I may learn to simply not give advice or help others.

Good luck in your stupidity and liquidating all of your assets in promoting the new Premo as the Primo.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if you think you can brand it, go nuts but no one...and i mean no one with one ounce of education is going to think primo is spelt premo. look at the spellings, primo sounds like premo, sure but when i see 'premo' i want to say it as "p-REM-o". hard to convey in text but hopefully you get what i mean.

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My post was meant to be funny, you are just to dumb to get it.
There is not a person on earth that would now believe that statement after your first post questioning the proper spelling and your subsequent defending of it.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A quick Google search shows "Primo" is used more than 100 TIMES as often as "Premo". If you care about facts, this one should interest you.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A quick Google search shows "Primo" is used more than 100 TIMES as often as "Premo". If you care about facts, this one should interest you.

I posted the stats, he doesn't care.

I just think its funny when you search "Premo" in google and it clearly states "Hey, Mr. Uneducated, did you mean Primo?"

Jump

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Go on and insult my children some more Doc it makes you look really smart. It's guys like you that make people apprehensive about sharing you should go to gfy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators