Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How good are the Uk domains on resale market ? ( .co.uk)

ChanChan

Level 1
Reaction score
I have seen many UK domains go for .co.uk . How good are they on resale ? if a particular domain for example .com has high resale value and if other extensions like .com , .net , .org are registered is it ok to go and register the .co.uk extension of the same name ?

My question is is .co.uk good ?

Reaction score
It is a lot cheaper and popular in UK. Is it as good as com? No. Example I just sold at auction today ncg.co.uk and ncg.uk for about $740 so you can see how much less they would go for than .com- see my signature link. However with 10 million domains registered and cheap entry to market there is a lot of daily reselling.

ChanChan

Level 1
Reaction score
Ah yeah ! But there is a new extension as .Uk , its better to have both or co.uk is more preferable ?

Reaction score
.uk are relatively new and co.uk are well established. However a lot of co.uk owners have been forced to get the .uk as well to prevent dilution of their brands or losing traffic in the future. Really an unwanted extension that is now forced on the current co.uk registrants. There are many resellers who think it will become more popular in time than co.uk though.

ChanChan

Level 1
Reaction score
Oh alright then , i have an co.uk in hand may be need to register .uk as well then .

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom