• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

how long have you gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2005
Messages
1,167
Reaction score
18
With out a sale? What's the longest period?
 
With all these "investors" buying up the great; good and even some of the decent names it's only going to get longer. I have also seen the value of domains drop dramatically, one sale can no longer support 10 poor buys like it used to.
 
If I am not actively trying to sell domains, a couple of months.
 
I have had offers on 3 of my domains:

jewlife.com, jewishupdate.com and umpcnotes.com

$200-300 each

I held out for more and bidders lost interest...


Should I have just accepted their offers on these?
 
demo said:
I have had offers on 3 of my domains:

jewlife.com, jewishupdate.com and umpcnotes.com

$200-300 each

I held out for more and bidders lost interest...


Should I have just accepted their offers on these?

I am sure I would have sold , maybe held for a bit more on jewlife but otherwise, SOLD!.
 
I am sure I would have sold , maybe held for a bit more on jewlife but otherwise, SOLD!.

Thanks DNJet, I felt the same way afterwards... I could have had $600-$700 or $0 and I chose $0 !!!
 
2 weeks now. but things will transform soon or later
 
Just one last december.....but holding good
 
Is anybody getting sales or sales offers on domain names that are not listed for sale anywhere, have no mention of potential sale in the whois data, and are displaying no ‘for sale’ sign on parked pages?
 
demo said:
...I held out for more and bidders lost interest...Should I have just accepted their offers on these?

From the viewpoint of a buyer (non-seller) and observer, you would be surprised how often your first offer turns out to be your best offer!

A common reason is buyers remorse.
 
NightLinks said:
With out a sale? What's the longest period?

when i first started reselling domains, it was 1 or 2 names a month, and sales were only in the $$ range. this was after about 5 months of "internship". :)

i can't recall since then, going more than 2 months without a sale.

my last sale was 2 weeks ago, and i probably could sell a domain every day for 1 year, if i "undercut" the market! :rolleyes:

even if you have "half-way" decent names, you can sell them, just depends on how low a profit you can accept!
 
It's been a good year for me but I'm mostly selling in bulk to other investors. I've had some decent end-user sales between those but nothing to write to DNJ about. As usual my prized possessions sit and wait for the big fish that seems to never come. Can't put a time period on length between selling and not selling but there's been some ugly times in the past.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom