Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

how many .info applications did you submit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anion

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I submitted around sixty applications. Out of curiosity is this more or less than everyone else?

Domain summit 2024

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe you could also mention how many LR2 registrars you used, whether it's one with a fixed price or whether it was an LR2 registrar which had a bidding system going for each name.

And maybe mention which single .info name in your applications you really really want to be yours on Sunday.

The bidding registrars I used for two targeted names were NameWinner, NicGenie, and Directi, and fixed price registrars were SpyProductions and AllDomains at about 30 names each.

Credit card limits maxed out - the most savvy was Directi which did not secure funds from cards but will accept full payment to the winning bidders. No pay means the next bidder gets the name.

The name I really really want is pictures.info

micro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just 2 - my last name plus the city i life in -

Originally posted by Anion
I submitted around sixty applications. Out of curiosity is this more or less than everyone else?

Please use mole's number as the standard. :laugh:

I submitted around 800 applications for 100 names.
I know many people which submitted applications arround 500 domainnames

In LR .biz I submitted 350 applications for 50 Names and I get
domains like usa.biz xxx.biz lottery.biz
and there are are lot of short queues too.
So i hope the best.....

http://medizin.li/lr2_survey/

PS: The LR2 Domain games.info is back to Mr Stephen Rumney !!

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You sure got some great .biz names Freakfer!

I've read often that .info is becoming popular in Germany, and maybe also other countries in Europe.

Is this true, and what do you feel is the reason for this popularity?

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fizz
You sure got some great .biz names Freakfer!

I've read often that .info is becoming popular in Germany, and maybe also other countries in Europe.

Is this true, and what do you feel is the reason for this popularity?

It is true that .INFO has a much higher proportion of non-US registration and use than .COM, perhaps because "INFO" has meaning in several different languages and less dominance by US business than .COM. I just posted the results of my study of working .INFO sites yesterday and, since moderator said it was OK to do so, I'll give the URL here in case you'd like to look at it... it includes links to over 1,600 working .INFO sites. Should be article coming out in InternetNews today:

http://www.DomeBase.com/infolist.htm

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.com has always be an American phenomenon. .info and .biz are inituitive in many European countries, thus the bigger affinity for that extension.

Look at UK, its not .com.uk, its .co.uk, like in Japan, ne.jp

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I applied for around a dozen names with about eight different registrars... not all names with all registrars, only one or two with some depending on what was available "first come first served." The longest shots but ones I'd really like are: auctions.info and ecommerce.info.

Sunday? Are these being announced on Sunday? Just my luck... I'll be away from email for a week starting Saturday night. Guess I'll have to find out (or more likely grieve over an empty In box) when I get back.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jalapeno
I
Guess I'll have to find out (or more likely grieve over an empty In box) when I get back.

Don't hold your breath if you went for the top domains what with all those short closed queues.

The pickings will be aplenty at the fringe names, and some of them are pretty good.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
>> .biz are inituitive in many European countries

Do you have proof of this mole?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jah, look at the number of registrations for .biz from Germany.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomeBase, thanks for the link to your excellent study of .info use, and congrats in advance for having it published in InternetNews.

Great timing for the LR2 announcements!

BTW, is your doctorate in communication and media studies?

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole

Don't hold your breath if you went for the top domains what with all those short closed queues.

Nope, I won't be holding my breath next week except when swimming. :cool:

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomeBase, thanks for the link to your excellent study of .info use, and congrats in advance for having it published in InternetNews.

ditto that. Bob is a great asset to the understanding of the power and applications of .info.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Great timing for the LR2 announcements!

BTW, is your doctorate in communication and media studies?

Thanks Fizz and Mole,

My doctorate (Wharton School of Business) and main line of academic research are in the field of health economics, insurance theory, and finance... but what started out as a hobby with respect to internet names is growing and may become part of my professional research portfolio. I have been doing work in health economics for years.. but never quoted in the London Financial Times until this work on domain names... go figure! I am closely following the whole field of e-benefits firms and Medical Savings Accounts... currently used in Singapore, China, and South Africa... and could really take off in the U.S. I still use a nickname on these boards. I think many folks do.

Sincerely, DomeBase

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomeBase
... but what started out as a hobby with respect to internet names is growing and may become part of my professional research portfolio.
I reckon a doctoral thesis on domain names would be far more interesting than some of the obscure research topics I've seen, LOL.

I have been doing work in health economics for years.. but never quoted in the London Financial Times until this work on domain names... go figure!
Domains are big news :)

Carry on the good work DomeBase!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators