• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How many of you are having problem ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should smoke-em out. And stay the course till we do. j/k :lol:

I think who ever did this, brings a new definition to the word "CHEAP" he's already getting the domain for $2 BELOW reg fee and he's bitching about .52 cents!.....give me a friggin break, what rock did this guy crawl out from?
 
Back to the original post...

so this site is primarily developers and programmers along with some domainers?

yup.

Its a great site for monetization, development and marketing info. Not great for trying to sell stuff.
 
There are a lot of kids out there using allowance money trying to be 'Domainer' - So they squeeze every penny they can.
 
I think who ever did this, brings a new definition to the word "CHEAP" he's already getting the domain for $2 BELOW reg fee and he's bitching about .52 cents!.....give me a friggin break, what rock did this guy crawl out from?

I'm not disagreeing with you. I was just giving you a hard time. :blush:

The fact remains that the question hasn't been answered whether the paypal fees where discussed up front or not. If they weren't then the buyer is under no obligation to pay them, no matter how cheap the domain is. If they were discussed and labeled in the thread that buyer pays all fees, then yes, let's know who this person is.
 
There are a lot of kids out there using allowance money trying to be 'Domainer' - So they squeeze every penny they can.

exactly, not everyones a super duper big shot domainer like Raider

I think who ever did this, brings a new definition to the word "CHEAP" he's already getting the domain for $2 BELOW reg fee and he's bitching about .52 cents!.....give me a friggin break, what rock did this guy crawl out from?

charming
 
3) I'm selling a domain for $5 and this joker refuses to pay an extra 52 cents for Paypal fees. I have no such problem all this while.

It's only natural that the seller should pay paypal fees. You don't go to a store and get asked for an extra 2.5% for credit card processing fees. Only on very large items have I seen an ebay auction require extra for using paypal. Consider that while one Joker is refusing to pay an extra 52 cents in fees, another Joker is refusing also to pay the 52 cents in fees. I would say you are wrong on this one.
 
It's only natural that the seller should pay paypal fees. You don't go to a store and get asked for an extra 2.5% for credit card processing fees. Only on very large items have I seen an ebay auction require extra for using paypal. Consider that while one Joker is refusing to pay an extra 52 cents in fees, another Joker is refusing also to pay the 52 cents in fees. I would say you are wrong on this one.


I agree, seller pays fees unless explicitly stated in the sales thread
 
I agree, seller pays fees unless explicitly stated in the sales thread

In fact, I think it would be illegal to add on unstated charges after the purchase price has been accepted. Even sales tax has to be stated in advance I believe as it is considered the sellers responsibility.
 
It's only natural that the seller should pay paypal fees. You don't go to a store and get asked for an extra 2.5% for credit card processing fees. Only on very large items have I seen an ebay auction require extra for using paypal. Consider that while one Joker is refusing to pay an extra 52 cents in fees, another Joker is refusing also to pay the 52 cents in fees. I would say you are wrong on this one.

Yes the seller absorbs the paypal fees, I never stated otherwise, my point is that its a measly .52 cents for a domain purchase that is $2 BELOW reg fee!, knowing that the seller is already losing money, is it really worth haggling over?

And Yes, it should of been stated in the terms as Sarcle pointed out, I pulled up what I think is the thread, it was edited today so I'm not sure if the paypal terms were there prior to the edit.

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=228622

exactly, not everyones a super duper big shot domainer like Raider

Where is this coming from? are you the buyer VirtualT?
 
whats the fuss???? LOL
I'm merely asking some simple questions.
 
Adiboy, Were the Paypal terms noted when you sold the domain?
 
Where is this coming from? are you the buyer VirtualT?
no, I just changed my mood to grumpy :)

carry on..
 
Adiboy, Were the Paypal terms noted when you sold the domain?

Nope, it wasn't. But I did inform them nicely via PM before payment.
But the most recent one, I was bashed. One claim I was trying to cheat him. The other say I was not being professional. And another say "$5 or I won't buy!". Now, who's selling? Me or him? Can't they just be polite and say they won't be paying the PP fees rather than playing with words?

And I don't have problems at all selling here or other forums except DP.

PS. Most of you are not answering my questions. I'm asking the good people here to share your experience. LOL.
 
Nope, it wasn't. But I did inform them nicely via PM before payment.
But the most recent one, I was bashed. One claim I was trying to cheat him. The other say I was not being professional. And another say "$5 or I won't buy!". Now, who's selling? Me or him? Can't they just be polite and say they won't be paying the PP fees rather than playing with words?

PS. Most of you are not answering my questions. I'm asking the good people here to share your experience. LOL.

The only way to sell there is to be specific about exactly the terms of the sale, state that no discussion is to be in the sales thread, and get the mods to clean up if to many people crap in your thread.
 
The only way to sell there is to be specific about exactly the terms of the sale, state that no discussion is to be in the sales thread, and get the mods to clean up if to many people crap in your thread.

No use! :lol:
Did that many times.
 
yeah, there's a lot of dirty stuff going on there. i'm glad i don't participate much.
 
Most of you are not answering my questions. I'm asking the good people here to share your experience. LOL.

I havent sold many domains on this forum, but I have dealt with 100's of buyers privately, and the ones I have the most trouble with are the low dollar amount sales ($200-$700) I had a nice sale here on DNF a month ago and everything went very smooth, the buyer kept his word and there were no problems.
 
Nope, it wasn't. But I did inform them nicely via PM before payment.
But the most recent one, I was bashed. One claim I was trying to cheat him. The other say I was not being professional. And another say "$5 or I won't buy!". Now, who's selling? Me or him? Can't they just be polite and say they won't be paying the PP fees rather than playing with words?

Adiboy, we kind of are answering your question but I don't think you are liking the answer. Not trying to be mean, but the buyer had a right to be upset. Even if it's only 50 cents, it's the principle of it. As for your first two points, I can't say. But your third point, the answer is very clear. All selling costs are assumed by the seller unless stated otherwise. It's always that way. It's a cost of selling and it should be built into the price of the product. There's a reason why paypal charges those fees to the seller and not the buyer. Better to learn this on a $5 item though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom