Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed How much do you think MakingMoneyOnline.com/net/org/biz/info are worth?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

MakingMoneyOnline.com was the very first domain name I ever registered. How much do you think it with all it's other extensions are worth?

Thanks,

Doug

Domain summit 2024
J

jeroenp

.com is worth $10 maybe $20
the rest under $10

good luck anyway

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.com is worth $10 maybe $20

LOL!

If you honestly think that... than you should not be appraising domains! I won't even tell you how much money I have turned down for that name.

:)

Well, given its a 50c term on findwhat and overture I would think $20 is a tad low :)

Is the traffic strong on it Doug?

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
50c term on findwhat and overture
What does that mean???

Yes... it gets hundreds of type-in traffic a day. I have sold many different products using that domain with pretty good success. We are actually developing a very cool site that should be open in early summer.

Thanks,

Doug

it means people are paying 50 cents per click from a search on "making money online".

Put another way, if you get 100 uniques a day on the domain name, thats 100 x 50 cents = $50 a day. x 365 days = $18,250 per year for those targetted visitors.

Makes it worth more than $20 I'd say.

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it's a great name...

The only problem I see is if someone mistakes you for the Universal Business Strategies website that was once opperated by Don Lapre (the "you can make a fortune with tiny little classified ads" guy on tv).

You can find it at:
http://www.makingmoney.com

They've gotten a lot of heat and have quite a number of disgruntled customers. You can read what Don Lapre, himself, said about this at:
http://www.donlapre.com

I think you could sell it for $500 to the internet marketing/online biz-opp market.

Good luck,
Chris

P.S. - Having all those tld's obviously makes it worth even more -- if you were going to sell them in a package deal.

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Agree with Chris, I had the domain make-cash.com, sold it to one of those MLM/online opp./internet marketing companies. Even though it's quite long it's very descriptive, I love it also. :)

vialli

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day, no matter what the name is, no buyer no resale value.

Having said that this type of name will make money once developed, pushing up the resale value when any future buyers come along.

Good Luck

How much have you turned down? Worth that much at least. Thats as good an appraisal as you can get.

Originally posted by DotDealers

Yes... it gets hundreds of type-in traffic a day.

Doug

The .com is definately saleable. Its a good domain, and the other extensions add some value.

I feel like were missing something with the traffic though, as I can't see why it is getting hundreds of "type-ins" per day.

When the makingmoneyonline.com, the marketing site was up a couple of years ago it did seem like it was getting a large amount of traffic. But I think if the domain is still getting visitors today its probably due to a few remaining links, I wouldn't have though it was type in traffic.

Though perhaps I'm completely wrong here? anyway if you had some stats that would clarify things.

simone

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"making money online" returned 26,700 results on google, 9440 web pages on yahoo and had 3338 searches on overture for the month of March.

All in all, a great set.

Good luck.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys
it means people are paying 50 cents per click from a search on "making money online".

Put another way, if you get 100 uniques a day on the domain name, thats 100 x 50 cents = $50 a day. x 365 days = $18,250 per year for those targetted visitors.

Makes it worth more than $20 I'd say.

Sorry, it's a good post, but not a very realistic example of its worth for most all of us. :confused:

But the problem is only a big operation with huge marketing efforts selling the clicks can get people to pay .50c a click. It seems no one else can get such great revenue but the large PPC services.

I too have names that get approx' 100 uniques a day but it's almost impossible making any money on them, except for product sales (hopefully). Hell, most of us can't even get someone to place a low cost banner or text ad on the index page, let alone $1,500 a month revenue. LOL.

Only in dreams may we get $50 a day in revenue from a 100 per day click name! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators