Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed How much do you think?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi!

How much do you think PDACenter.net is worth? It's a web site about PDAs (Personal Digital Assistants) - handheld computers. It's developed and has a reasonable amount of traffic.

Domain summit 2024

imo, the value is mainly from the site/traffic - the name just doesn't seem inherently valuable/desirable to me with it being a .net.

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
let's talk resale value on the name itself

no value on this domainâ„¢

Okay...traffic wise, it gets about 100K - 150K page views/month, but I just started an advertising campaign, so hopefully that number will increase.

Revenue wise, it's slow, but I get about 50-75 bucks a quarter. Again, this will hopefully increase with advertising.

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had no idea PDAcenter.net was a site...read my disclaimer below.

MOST of my .nets on domainhighway.com are NOT in the no value category...some are. I realize that these few that I consider have little value I will most likely drop and I'm not afraid to admit it. Sometimes I get a buyer though...how about TALC.net selling for $400 last month...that was in the no value category until the buyer picked it up. If that was an attempt to put my domains down for some reason, Bidawinner...it was unsuccessful.

I forgot to mention that the site has been around for three years. Though with a different domain.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok dmilter at $75 Q .. on 100k page views ..seems like you have a product or margins issues.. there is certainly the market for PDAs..

I would look for another suppliers/affiliate program..but based just on your current figures $300 to purchase your current revs and 100k page views is what..around 5-7k uniques a month? nice traffic ..you should be able to convert that..

PLUS..are you aware you have a nice PR (google Page rank)..what that means is .your site hasa value in it that everytime you point your site at someone elses site (link to) you help raise THEIR web sites placement in Google..so you have some value their ..

I would think you should be able get around $750 for it ..perhaps more..
If I was you ..I would try and sort out your conversion ratio problem first ..you sure you arent being screwed by your pda program? looks like you are dealing directly with the manufactures ? correct?

BID

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Youre PR is a 6 very respectable considering such a competitive market..BUT if you could get that to an 8 that would land you on the front page of google for the main keyword "PDA" meaning your taffic would quadruple..

Keyword density is very important..you want to have your keyword at no less than %10 no more than 20%(then you are spamming the SE)

So lets move you up to front page..include your keyword "PDA" in upper and lower case until you are at about 17%..

That may just doit..the other thing that googles algo looks for is INBOUND links...I disagree with it..but thats the way it is..

The theroy is the more sites (wquality sites) that link to YOU the more important your site must be..

so ..add a lne inviting other webmasters to link to you in exchange for a link back..must be quality sites are it wont jhelp you..so be selective..

I will gaurentee you will move up in googles next update..(about 21 days)

BID

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, if you really are intent on selling it...whois-search is correct.. offer it up to your competition...no TM's that I see..

Provide your logs but not your revenues(unless you "have" too) ..point out it's PR rank in your email

You're simply getting out of the PDA market is all they need to know..

BID

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner Youre PR is a 6 very respectable considering such a competitive market..BUT if you could get that to an 8 that would land you on the front page of google for the main keyword "PDA" meaning your taffic would quadruple.. Keyword density is very important..you want to have your keyword at no less than %10 no more than 20%(then you are spamming the SE) So lets move you up to front page..include your keyword "PDA" in upper and lower case until you are at about 17%.. That may just doit..the other thing that googles algo looks for is INBOUND links...I disagree with it..but thats the way it is.. The theroy is the more sites (wquality sites) that link to YOU the more important your site must be.. so ..add a lne inviting other webmasters to link to you in exchange for a link back..must be quality sites are it wont jhelp you..so be selective.. I will gaurentee you will move up in googles next update..(about 21 days) BID

How do you suggest we eveluate keyword density? Is there a tool you could suggest for easy calculating it?

Also, how do you know Google will visit in about 21 days? When did they last update their data base?

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dmilitr..after second checking you do NOT have a PR 6 ..YOU did have when you had your homestead site!
http://pdacenter.homestead.com

I would POINT your old site to the new to get that PR link advantage pointing to you..
I thought that was VERY odd that you had a PR6 on such a new site..
The PR6 is coming from homesteads main site ..all the inbound links ..use it to your advantage..

Use the keyword analyzer boot your PDA density to move up in the pages and boost your revenues..

So value at around $300 based on your current revenues..

BID

Believe me, I was linking the Homestead site to the new .net, but I was forced to close down the entire homestead site, unless I paid them a non-refundable 200 bucks a year, which I thought was ridiculous.

So...here I am, with a new domain, which isn't very high in the SE rankings, a site which WAS high in the SE rankings, and a growing site.

Any marketing tips or marketing people who you would recommend, please let me know.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well my earlier advise still stands..for starters fix your keyword density..

It's still an excellent market (PDAs)..you have a nice site ..
I know it's it's frustating but just take a few months and re-build your traffic..

Let me ask you this..are you familiar with Googles PR ranking system? and if so when you first signed up for homestead was your PR a 6 then also ?

If so we may have stumbled on a nice little kicker and you may be best off paying $200 a year..$17 bucks a month isnt much if you can feed off of the homestead PR ranking from google .if that makes any sense to you..

It is difficult to get a site to a PR 6 , 7, 8 ..their are only literally a handful of INDIVIDUALS with a PR 8 ...

I hate dmoz..but try and get your site in their listings also ...DMOZ feeds so many engines it can be very important..

also for $39 ..this is a must http://ink.ineedhits.com/
the thing thats important about it is your sites refreashed every 48 hours ..so if your ranking is low it lets you tweak your keywords until you find the right density and combinations to move you up....you just have to wait a few days instead of months...

Good Luck..
BID

agree with safesys and alldig, the actual site has value as its developed and has traffic, maybe one or two years profits. But the domain itself has no inherant value in my view.

I'm not too familiar with Google's PR system, but I'm pretty sure that when I first signed up with Homestead, it wasn't so high up in the rankings.

I've submitted my site a few times in the past two years, and I'm STILL not listed. Is there some secret I'm missing, like bribing the editor :D ??

Also, I just started a campaign on Google's Ad Words. I'm also considering using Overture's Pay For Performance thing. Which, in your opinion, is better? In terms of reach and performance??

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators