Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How much $$$ you have spent on .mobi's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately us latecomers are unable to get .com/.net gems at $20, but there are a still of few of those out there in .mobi,
That's the risk with new TLDs when they are overhyped or promoted as new goldmines waiting to be tapped into.
I think it is dangerous idea to make up for your tardiness into .com by investing heavily into unproven extensions.

As I have said before and regardless of our opinions about .mobi there will be a market for some 'premium' .mobi domains (what makes a 'premium' .mobi domain, I am not sure), at least among resellers. But I see a fate for .mobi not unlike .biz, where about 1 or 2% of domains are valuable. Most would rest on your hands I'm afraid, unless you develop them. As someone said earlier it may be a TLD for developers but not a good TLD for domainers :greensmile:
We all agree that domaining is also about speculation, therefore risk. My strategy for leveraging risk is to buy/register domains that I would actually develop/use if they do not sell.
I just hope that .mobi domainers will pursue the same strategy.
and i suggest to you that you are seriously under estimating the power of the companies behind .mobi...
no other TLD as been launched with this amount of power!
No-one is denying that. It does not mean it is a good idea. Two or twenty wrongs don't make a right. For one thing, I am not underestimating the overwhelming power of the US administration, it does not mean they are doing the right thing :cheeky:

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I promise I won't laugh too much watching you drop your 'gems' as soon as the renewal time comes.

Mobile Internet is one thing; worthless TLD's like .mobi is another. But I have to admit, it's thanks to those 'gems' that the good old com/net/org increase in value.

heh, when you see those real "gems" drop let me know..

who cares if .mobi becomes a failure...let me get this straight here, its ok for example to typosquat but its not not ok to profit from .mobi's based on hype? i see.

tell me this danielson, what do i have to lose after enough mobi's are sold out of my portfolio and i end up with 50 great names for free?

are you saying i cant get 1 cent for each one even if .mobi turns out to be worse than .coop or .aero :rofl:

lets be a bit more honest with ourselves here, SOME people are selling .mobi's right now and profiting from it.. whether its from hype, stupidity, or anthing else you'd like to call it. SOME people are losing money from these same things.

so whats new?

123water

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Spent 3K for .mobi, i think mobile internet which have great potential and opportunity. I do believe 80% of mobile phones to sale daily in the world which will equipment 12 keypad now and ten years after.

People need one hand to operate the mobile phone. You have to use two hand to input any url on a full mobile phone keyboard in most of case.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just registered another one at GoDaddy. When will the madness stop!

Lol, was hoping it was unregged: mobimadness.com :smile:

DJ, with a forum name and avatar like yours, and the only golden mobi's I've come across on the board so far (lol - new forum: Golden Mobi's :greenlaugh:), perhaps we can all chip in and buy you this one: Mobi-WanKenobi.mobi. :greenlaugh:

Lol - what a world :smile:: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=Mobi-Wan+Kenobi&spell=1

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just got a couple more;
SituationsVacant.mobi
WomansWeekly.mobi

I see Loser.mobi is a Premium name and Losers.mobi is still available for a punt!

:yo:

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Sucks.Mobi - $60
POBox.Mobi - $60
Mews.Mobi - $30 Your Mobile News on the GO!

$150 TOTAL

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
reported.mobi for.mobi stupidity.mobi

1john2004

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
+3 more

parttimejob.mobi
freeadvertising.mobi
strategygames.mobi

28 domains total =$1300

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please - enough .mobi already. Nobody cares any more. Let's look at progress in one year.

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please - enough .mobi already. Nobody cares any more. Let's look at progress in one year.

I thought that is why we have our own .mobi section here on the forum AzooZa....
feel welcome not to come in!
:clap2:

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm. It's just all over the whole board -- wouldn't be so bad if it was in one place. Aintcha sickuvit?

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm. It's just all over the whole board -- wouldn't be so bad if it was in one place. Aintcha sickuvit?

So long as I have offers coming in for my .mobi's and are making money I am happy to give it my attention!

Perhaps if you had the same you might not be as down on .mobi!

:doh:

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have some .mobi domains - both pre- and post-sunrise registrations. But I don't keep banging on about them and posting long, gratuitous and uninteresting lists that make trawling through this forum quite tedious.

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have some .mobi domains - both pre- and post-sunrise registrations. But I don't keep banging on about them and posting long, gratuitous and uninteresting lists that make trawling through this forum quite tedious.

Fair enough Dale, good luck with whatever you have registered.

But given the whole forum is for discussing domain names, and the creation of .mobi is arguably the most significant thing to happen in the Global domain market for some time, possibly since the start of domain names (time will tell on this one) then I feel it is quite understandable that there is a lot of interest, and hense a lot of discussion around .mobi.

Live and let live!

:wubpink:

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Counted up all receipts - so far $0
That's a class post.

Well, I have spent a little on it, and I do like to read the comments; but what I find irksome is the lists that get posted -- like 'you show me mine and I'll show you yours'. I did make some comment before about the suitability of names for the .mobi extension. My view is that 99% of what's been regged will never be worth a cent. Of course that's my opinion and as you quite rightly indicate 9888, you are entitled to yours just as is any other member here, and I know you own a very premium domain with this extension which I think will make you a ton.

I'm not trying to interrupt the thread. I'm keen that .mobi makes it, but surely the debate can continue without all the lists of what are in my opinion, rubbish domains.

It seems that a lot of people are entering this market without thinking it through. All I'd say is, before you register a .mobi, think and think again if it has a chance of making it. Maybe I might save some people some money. Who knows. I have a vested interest in hyping this thing up, but it's getting like pumping stocks and shares here.

akaning3

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I spent $2,500 on mine.
i got some good ones. I dont think that they would sell for now, but later they will.
i have thought them through very much. Here in japan, we usually access the mobile websites directly into our phones. Our phone companies have a service where we can browse pc sites. They charge a lot for that. Anyways, its still too new to say if .mobi will b e successful or not. time will tell, dont you think?
I also put a counter on one of my .mobi sites and the first week there were about 300 hits! I promise you that i only accessed it 10 times.
"If you build it, they will come"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom