Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How rude!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aww...i'm sorry if i hurt you James :( will you forgive me?
Mabey we can merge our reseller programs so both our prices are the same...then no one would get mad and there would be no competition.

I prefer a free market economic system and I'm sure all members agree...

The thread was in the related offers forum, and I persnally don't see anything rude in someone posting to a thread with their own prices in there as that is where self promotion is allowed.

In the same way, if someone is posting about a company in the normal forums and someone mentions a competitor, that is both normal and welcome.

The related offers forum is still a forum and not a classified ad service - so if you post there you can expect to have feedback whether you want it or not.

This is just *my personal opinion* and not a statement by the site owner.

Originally posted by safesys
The thread was in the related offers forum, and I persnally don't see anything rude in someone posting to a thread with their own prices in there as that is where self promotion is allowed.

In the same way, if someone is posting about a company in the normal forums and someone mentions a competitor, that is both normal and welcome.

The related offers forum is still a forum and not a classified ad service - so if you post there you can expect to have feedback whether you want it or not.

This is just *my personal opinion* and not a statement by the site owner.

Safesys, to make a real fair statement, you have to see what was being posted prior to "Last edited by alldig on 08-02-2002 at 04:15 PM" which is after the time of this thread being posted at "08-02-2002 02:56 PM". In another word, you have to see what the ORIGINAL unedited posting at "08-02-2002 02:03 PM" and make your statement.

Originally posted by goh

Safesys, to make a real fair statement, you have to see what was being posted prior to "Last edited by alldig on 08-02-2002 at 04:15 PM" which is after the time of this thread being posted at "08-02-2002 02:56 PM". In another word, you have to see what the ORIGINAL unedited posting at "08-02-2002 02:03 PM" and make your statement.

I am using the time listed base on my time zone GMT+8. Hope I did not confuse others.

Lats

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys

Some basic decorum would be good though.

What if 'X' wanted a domain appraisal and 'Y' wanted a different appraisal in the same forum.

To me, it just isn't right.

Two cents deposited.

Lats...

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Maybe I should have been more clear with what is acceptable and not in the advertising forums.. If you have a deal which you can offer at a better price or whatever, you should make your own thread not post under someone else's. I agree it's out of curtousy to do this, even though it is an open forum. Watch for a sticky..

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i got alldig's spam message sent to my email address as well, and i think its time to initiate a policy of disallowing advertising and spam to be sent to forum members' email.

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you consider sending a genuine offer for selected DNforum members spam? If you aren't interested just delete the message. It's a one time deal...take it or leave it...I didn't add you to any "mailing list" or send 50 messages to your inbox. I sent ONE email containing about 10 lines to your email address because I thought you might be interested. $7.25 pricing .com/.net/.org/.info/.biz .... it's your call.

And goh...you are right...you caught me "red handed"
<sarcasm>I completely altered my original reply to make me look good on the other thread...I am really a terrible person who wants to steal your money</sarcasm>

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by draqon
i got alldig's spam message sent to my email address as well, and i think its time to initiate a policy of disallowing advertising and spam to be sent to forum members' email.

I second that. Our e-mail was not given out here so people could use them for personal benefit - spamming in other words.

Also, some people of this forum act like high school kids. It's very simple. I've said it before and will say it again. Respect other people's postings!! It's very easy and does not require much ethics to understand.

What you show here might come back to haunt you in a later stage. If you consider this as a business that you take serious, then act accordingly. I would never conduct business with rude and obnoxious people. And that is the general thought of all business people in America at least. It's time to move up the ladder folks :)

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to receive emails from DNforum members then take off the "email" button right under your name by going to the user control panel....this will disallow members to send you great offers (if you consider this spam) to your email address. Thanks for the "rude and obnoxious" comment....it was very appropriate. Learn to respect others.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by alldig
If you don't want to receive emails from DNforum members then take off the "email" button right under your name by going to the user control panel....this will disallow members to send you great offers (if you consider this spam) to your email address. Thanks for the rude and obnoxious comment....it was very appropriate.

Alldig, my critique was not directed to you personally, but rather to all members guilty of childish behavior. I have not accused you for acting in that way. It may have sounded like that since you were being in the spotlight of the thread. However, that was not the case. Sorry if you interpreted it that way! My opinions stand firm regarding people like yourself, when they interfere and spoil threads for other people. These are trying to conduct business. Please respect that. Also why do you have to e-mail members, when you can post your offerings here? That is what I thought this board was here for.

Good luck!

the point of having an email address in profile isn't to send spam in my view, its for genuine correspondance.

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would consider the email I sent "genuine correspondence" snoopy....it's really not that bad as these people make it out to seem. It seems like any honest offer sent through email is considered "spam" according to KV and draqon. You guys are way to sensitive about one harmless email sent to your inbox....I will never send emails regarding my services again through DNforum. Just relax.

Do you consider sending a genuine offer for selected DNforum members spam? If you aren't interested just delete the message. It's a one time deal...take it or leave it...I didn't add you to any "mailing list" or send 50 messages to your inbox. I sent ONE email containing about 10 lines to your email address because I thought you might be interested. $7.25 pricing .com/.net/.org/.info/.biz .... it's your call.

And goh...you are right...you caught me "red handed"
<sarcasm>I completely altered my original reply to make me look good on the other thread...I am really a terrible person who wants to steal your money</sarcasm>

See, any chance this guy gets he advertises, even outside the related offers forum. He is even using the forums email system to spam people. "I" think this should be enough to ban the guy.

...Mabey we can merge our reseller programs so both our prices are the same...then no one would get mad and there would be no competition.

I prefer a free market economic system and I'm sure all members agree...

Not in a million years my friend. I don't partner with spammers and plain out rude individuals. :rolleyes:

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
alldig, good to see your charm is coming through. :yes:

VoxKeysGtr

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We are all domain name professionals here, and I don't think that sending an ad about buying domains for $7.25 counts as real correspondence. I have my email address here to share ideas, tips, and to establish friendships or at least a working relationship, with others, not to be offered stuff. If you provide a good service and offer good products, a simple post in the appropriate forum will suffice. If I want it, I'll get in touch with you. I don't need crap sent to my pm box.

Also, poaching on somebody else'e offer thread in an appropriate forum isn't cool. How hard is it to just start a new thread. Believe me, if you have a good offer, we will find it. This is not a board for newbies and idiots. Everybody here seems to have some experience working the internet. We'll find you if we want to. :cool:

Do you consider sending a genuine offer for selected DNforum members spam?

Yes. I do. And I also received your email.

Being a businessperson myself, I understand the need for marketing, but I think our emails here should not be used for that purpose...as a professional courtesy, if for no other reason.

All of us here have more than enough email to deal with.

If anyone has an offer for services, it can be posted in the appropriate forum section.

Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators