• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed How to appraise the value of a domain?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mmuise

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi - I posted this message in another forum then realised it was probably in the wrong place.

I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions related to assessing a domain's value:

(1) Is there a standard formula used by domainers to determine the value of a domain (e.g. # of incoming links + PageRank + etc.)?

(2) Is there any way of determining an existing domain's traffic (i.e. visits) without asking its owner?

(3) Can anyone offer a review of the UrlTrends service (is it worth the cost)?

(4) I'd also be interested in getting reviews of the Domain Research Tool that is being advertised on the Forum.

Thanks again for the knowledge this awesome forum provides...
:greenconfused:
 
not totally the right place, but here it goes:

1: NO, it really depends if you are looking for a traffic domain, generic domain, typo, former site, what kind of traffic, keywords, etc..all are indicators but there is no formula
2: traffic can only be guessed by checking with alexa.com, urltrends.com and such sites for example, but that only works for really high traffic domains
3: URLtrends is ok, but its really only one piece of the puzzle, its only worth it if you buy a lot or if you buy high traffic domains
4: I havent used it myself, but I know some have found good domains this way, with every tool its all about how ou use it and what you use it for, what you combine it with..etc
 
I concur with the first 3 of what domainah said above.

In terms of the Domain Research Tool, I don't think its for you at this stage of the game. I personally own it a use it extensively when I'm doing bulk drop searches analysis, typo searches, and other massive list checks- so it is a very useful tool. I'd getit after getting the basics of domaining down first then see if its useful for whatever niche you decide to venture in.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom