• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

How to enter in the very profitable business of parking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2005
Messages
833
Reaction score
10
No problem, run a parking service must be very profitable.

I am wondering how all these companies started their service.

If you contact Yahoo or Google both will tell you they will give you access to their XML feed only if your parking pages are already generating millions impressions daily.

So how to get started?

This look likes the story of the egg and the hen.

To can attract domainers you need to have the feed and to have the feed you need to have the domainers.

I do not remember having seen so many parking services in the past, look likes each quarter there is a pair of new ones.

So I guess there is a secret behind.

Some idea?

I am sure that if one is not as much egoist some parking services are, and accept to give a better share to the domainer it must be posible to make something of mutual interest.

...
 
Many parking companies, especially the less known, younger ones began by licensing their feed from an individual who already had it or from another parking company. Once they built up their client base and started to receive the min 1mi searches/month (or the like) they got their own feed.
 
Thanks Luc for the info.

I already have access to both XML feed, Yahoo and Google.
But I am pretty sure my agrement does not authorize me to use it on domains I do not own for Google and on domains not previously approved for Yahoo.


PS:

I was waitting for you in my thread about type in.
I know you are one of those having some responses.

...
 
Francois,

It depends on the terms of your agreement, standard terms say that you can only park your domains, but I don't think that stopped too many people in the past.

I noticed the thread yesterday, was super busy all day and just got on the forums. Will reply shortly :-)

Luc
 
Thanks Luc,

I wil not take this risk, I like the things clean.
I want to sleep like a baby without worries.

...
 
Then Google and Yahoo will love you :-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom