Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Huge adjustment for yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'm not used to seeing an adjustment of 50% downwards, care to explain why half of my clicks and revenue were dropped overnight?

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mine too... cut $10 bucks off of one of my domains alone. What gives?

GoPC

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sour grapes, Don. You can keep Sedo all to yourself.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sour grapes, Don. You can keep Sedo all to yourself.

Actually Theo, I'm in the process of testing something that Fearless recommended.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Answer: revenue estimating before final stats come in from the feed providers......instead of the flat .10ish/click many other people pay that sticks the next day.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Answer: revenue estimating before final stats come in from the feed providers......instead of the flat .10ish/click many other people pay that sticks the next day.

What I don't understand is if there is in fact a long delay from the feed provider why bother to estimate it? It would seem ok to simply delay the reports for a day or whatever number of hrs are involved and pay the actual revenue as long as that is done consistently with all the accts.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's the first time the estimated revenue and the actual revenue differ by such a factor.

Actually Theo, I'm in the process of testing something that Fearless recommended.

Why bother posting here then if you can't give any insight on Parked?

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've experienced similar drops lately and I'm wondering if it's something to do with Yahoo...

Yesterday provisional figure was $9.95 on a domain with on the clock visits & clicks - adjusted to $1.50 today. Also few days back a domain which was doing $60 has dropped down to $33...

glad I'm not the only one experiencing these issues

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All I know is my google adsense is paying serious crap...I am about to phase them out completely..compared to this time last year the SAME clicks are down 50%, but that has alot to do with advertisers setting much different keyword bids for content network clicks compared to search engine clicks...

kellypitts@alltel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I noted a 19.1 correction for yesterday at Parked.com . It was much higher than normal and that is why this post caught my attention.

I'm 99.999 percent generic domains at Parked, but I don't know if that is making the difference in the lighter loss than you guys.

That said, sometimes you do get a big bump up.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yesterday was the worse ever, Mind went 75% down, This getting crazy
this month I had 40% to 50% decrease, But 70% decrease is so bad, I start to wonder if there is something going on there! Don can you please let us know what is going ON???? some of my domains went from $10 to Zero????

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys - Sorry yesterday was my birthday and for my birthday I was told I was bringing my son to Disney. :) So I wasn't around too much yesterday and won't be around much today either. But I'll have our stats guy look at everything when he gets in, from a glance everything looks normal. I don't think he changed how the estimating was working, but you never know.

2 months ago when we actually had a way to get the prices from Yahoo our estimates were a lot more accurate. Now we are estimating the price of each click and estimating how many clicks you will be paid based on historical information. Sometimes it better or worse, it's not perfect, but I think it's better than what some other parking companies do. Hopefully in the next few weeks we should be able to improve the estimates because we will have updated pricing information on both Yahoo and Google prices.

I could always have the option to give people to turn off the estimate in their account. :)

Again, I'll have somebody post something if they find anything in a few hours.

Donny

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's not the rates... it's the number of CLICKS that disappeared. Obviously, if clicks are being taken away, then the revenue earned by them are taken away... thus the decrease in revenue.

For example

An adult related domain that I have took in 35 clicks and made $10.51 cents. Then, it was adusted down to 14 clicks on only 1.29 cents in revenue. a Buck twenty-nine!!! Down from Ten Bucks!!!

So you guys took away HALF my clicks and 80% of my revenues.

That's more than just a minor adjustment.

Another example...

I have a great TV domain... it took in around 40 clicks that same day @ 12.51 cents. Then was adjusted DOWN to only 3 (Yes, THREE) clicks and .59 cents in revenue.

I'm afraid to start keeping a print screen of each days activities and compare them to the resolved report and see just how much revenue and click through I am loosing. The examples I gave above are DAILY earnings and stats reduction.

If I am loosing nearly $20 PER DAY on only two examples... what am I lossing over all?

GoPC

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My Trafficz stats are going up 10% after the update. They also are going on old data to estimate.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I asked before but no response from anyone. Unless I am missing something am wondering why do you all appear to be so impatient and want estimates in the first place? Why care that much if you get a good estimate, when all they need to do is delay the reports X number of hrs (or possibly a day) and give everyone the actual numbers without any possible adjustments?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am new to the Parked site but I have also been keeping track of this. I emailed Monte 3 days ago and have not received an answer. As previously pointed out, how can clicks which equals revenue disappear?

As well as as PPC adjusted down from $0.33 to $0.05? If the advertiser is paying $0.33, then where did my other 28 cents end up? A decrease of nearly 85% is quite steep, wouldn't you say?

It's one thing to adjust revenue on what ever calculated formula someone want to concoct, but real traffic is real traffic and clicks are clicks. The numbers are consistent with the numbers I was getting at Sedo.

My take on all of this is there is too much hidden in the PPC world.

I also agree with Acroplex. You can keep Sedo.

Sometimes it better or worse, it's not perfect, but I think it's better than what some other parking companies do.
I do not totally agree with this statement. Other companies are presenting the numbers in real time, with a minor delay. I have never had "estimates" and I have never had clicks taken away or adjustments at the end of the cycle. If your estimates are off by as much as 85%, then that's not an estimate at all. That's not even in the same ball park.

I could always have the option to give people to turn off the estimate in their account. :)
Gee, comforting to know that there is a way of futher creating a more fuzzy picture and less transparency when it comes to questions raised regarding significant drops in revenue, PPC, and erasing of clicks and hits.

Again, I'll have somebody post something if they find anything in a few hours.

Donny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators