Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Huge adjustment for yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Exactly what GoPC said.

Register for the auction

jwinston

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Parked.com Stat Guru Here!

As previously mentioned, Parked pays based off what our actual feed providers pay for. We attempt to have our estimates come as close as possible to what they will actually pay for but everyone knows that the PPC search providers keep the methods they use for determining invalid clicks a closely guarded secret. Across the board our numbers are generally pretty close to our providers numbers.

Acroplex & maroulis:

I was able to locate your account and looked into the reason for the drop after the adjustment. The reason was that our providers didn't pay for something that we "guessed" they would have paid for (see above). After looking at both accounts I do see how we can take what has happen in this situation and update our filters a little further and make our estimates more accurate in the future. I will make sure those changes go up by the end of the day Monday.

If you're account received more than just a minor adjustment you are welcome to PM me your username and I will look into it. In many cases it may just be the nature of the beast, but I may find something to help improve the estimates.

Not doing estimates would make my job so much easier but I think a good majority of our customers find the very useful. We just need to keep evolving our estimates to reflect the changes our feed providers make. To think there was a time with the first listed result was the highest paid!

James Winston
parked.com

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
James, in order to remove the guesswork on my part as well, could you please let me know what *exactly* was the culprit in this large revenue drop? I need to decide whether Parked makes a difference after all.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for adressing my issues as well. :)

GoPC

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
James I just PM you my issue

dnjackal

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For the last few days, a domain of mine shows "estimated" click rate at .26 a click. The domain recieved 22 clicks for the day. The following day the "estimate" was finalized at .11 a click. Though my clicks weren't determined to be fraudulent at all, my rpc was messed with.

I'm willing to give all the monetization services, including Parked.com, the benefit of the doubt that advertisers pay differing amounts per keyword. Additionally, all the visitors aren't clicking on the very same keyword every time, so the average rpc amount gets tough to estimate, .26 for that click, .03 for that click, .07 for that click, etc.

So heres what I propose, why can't Parked.com use 24 hour estimates, or 30 day estimates (though I'd prefer 24 hour estimates, since they are less subject to price swings, in the case of poker keywords the last 30 days averages are trailing downwards, so day 1 might be paying .25 a click, wheres day 30 is paying .05 per click. In that case it'd be better to use 24 hour average, since if the advertisers paid .05 a click yesterday, that'd be better to show as the "estimated" rpc for today, then .25 a click, what was paid 30 days ago. Showing us .25 a click for our estimate, then seeing .05 being actually finalized, thats whats ticking us off, because .05 is 80% down from .25) so that are estimates are more approximate. If you know what the advertisers paid yesterday, then why can't we use that as todays estimate? What has happened in the last 24 hours, that poker keyword advertisers are now paying .04 today instead of the .05 yesterday? But don't tell us were earning .25 a click (like we did 30 days ago), when were really only earning .05.

And why do we need an average anyway? Why can't Parked.com use 24 hour known paid rpc numbers, to estimate todays earnings. But do it, not as an average, but as a total. So say, our domain had 3 clicks, 1 @ .40, 1 @ .20, and 1 @ .06, for a total of .66 revenue earned. Don't show our "estimated rpc" as .40, or a random number such as .26, show it as a more realistic, total earnings (0.66) divided by 3 clicks, or .22. Allow this number to change in realtime, so that an hour later, after our domain gets a 4th click, for .06, our total revenue for the day is now 0.72 divided by 4, equals .18. Our average rpc has gone down, but thats ok, because our total revenue has gone up, from .66 to .72. This tells us we got a .06 click in that last hour.

We are willing to accept "estimated" rpc, were just asking, can't that number be closer to accurate rpc (based on current numbers, not .25 when its .05) in realtime, then all be shocked first thing the next day when 80% of our portfolio evaporated, and thinking about moving all our domains to namedrive!

Just my 10 cents.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another BIG dive today, No word from parked yet???

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it really all depends on the domains and clicks...alot of financial traffic clicks go UP the next day...so this works both ways

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Frankly, I want an answer for my domains. I could care less about the general trend.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Even with "estimate adjustments", what was paying 11 cents 3 days ago (after adjustments of 33 cents "estimated") is now down to paying 2 cents per click today.

These 80%+ drop in "estimates" and deletion of clicks is baffling as a business model.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Didn't James respond yesterday?

Donny

I did PM him some of my data before and after and was not sure if I can post those data here for everyone to see or will be against your TOS so I ask him that too but no response,

The weird thing is the day you were away I mean Donny (happy b/day by the way :) I think the data did not change at all for me in that matter if did change I could not see any different in my stats , what you estimate is what I got any insight in that Donny?, but today your back and my revenue is down over 50 % again from estimate , I never like jumping into conclusion but I thought was interesting observation.

Anyway the feedback will be appreciated

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
1112, as I said earlier you sent that PM to me instead. Check your outbox.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I just moved all of my domains back to Sedo. Happy Resurrection Saturday.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I just moved all of my domains back to Sedo. Happy Resurrection Saturday.

You will probably be really happy there. I've heard nothing but terrific compliments about them.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1112 - Yes, everyday I wake up and see how much I can shave your account. It just makes me smile. Give me a break.

Acroplex - Have fun with Sedo. Make sure that nobody clicks more than once. Oh wait, they can't.

Doc Com - If we send 100 clicks to Yahoo today and tomorrow they tell us they only paid for 75 of them, yes we do change your account to show that you had 75 clicks, not 100.

Guys how many times have I said this, they are estimates. If you don't like them either don't look at them, request for me to turn them off in your account, or I can just change them to count as 1 cent per click and then nobody will bitch at all. We use these estimates for our own accounts and for our overall daily stats. I have mentioned this before that on average we are 1.5% off per day, or when you are $30 high, somebody is $30 low.

Me and James will look at the estimate system again on Monday to see if we are missing anything or if there is any way that we can improve them. But from what I can tell by looking at 2 of the accounts here, most of it is from a bot that keeps changing it's ip and lack there of a user agent. We allow and normally pay for multiple clicks per ip, but after a certain number it becomes an abuse. And this is what is happening here.

Donny

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Donny, I really don't like your snobby attitude. Nor the shaving of my earnings. So if my opinion really matters - and it does because I am the most active member on DNF - your service has a good setup, templates etc. but shitty payouts due to the adjustments.

Have a great Easter if you celebrate it.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1112 - Yes, everyday I wake up and see how much I can shave your account. It just makes me smile. Give me a break.

Acroplex - Have fun with Sedo. Make sure that nobody clicks more than once. Oh wait, they can't.
Humor? if the issue is Parked is not paying for any clicks or taking clicks away, is that classified as humor? Imagine the other parking companies, your competition, getting a laugh out of this post and thread.

Doc Com - If we send 100 clicks to Yahoo today and tomorrow they tell us they only paid for 75 of them, yes we do change your account to show that you had 75 clicks, not 100.
And do they tell you to pay 11 cents, then 8 cents, then 6 cents, then 5 cents, then 2 cents?

Me and James will look at the estimate system again on Monday to see if we are missing anything or if there is any way that we can improve them.
You indeed may be missing something. It's called customer service. 4 days since I emailed Monty and no response.

Coming onto the forum and performing a nice stroke job to get the business of the core customer base and then lamblasting anything contrary to your concieved notion or business model is not advisable to keep a customer and build trust and a business relationship.

Many of us recently came to parked in good faith after having issues elsewhere. To present a display such as this when one questions a system one is not familiar with is pure unprofessional and irrational.

My suggestion would be more transparency and a civil tone when addressing customer issues. But if that is not your style then so be it.

And if you suspect or think for a moment that any of my domains are sending traffic via bots or spiders, guess again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom