Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

I am getting burnt out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have this client who came to me to broker some pretty mediocre names. I put the buzz that the names were for sale and I have left it be.

Well the very next day, I get an instant message in my gtalk. He is wondering if anything is selling and then proceeds to ask me if I have a picture. I was like, yeah and I sent him my photo. I understand that I am not Pam Anderson or anything spectacular but I get the job done, people like me and every so often, if I wanted; I could be in a relationship.

He calls me a mongoloid. Which is a reference to someone who looks slow. Then he asks me all these sexual questions, then asks me if any of the girls (I showed him a family photo of me & my cousins done by yuen liu) that were pictured are single and if they want him to kiss him. I cut the conversation short, then the other day, I sold one of his names for the price range he wanted. I sent him a contract, etc. Told him he had 24 hours to send me my commission which he set at 18% (my commission was 1300 roughly)
I was counting on this money and before you state I am foolish, do realize that I know this.
well his excuse is that I need to hook him with one of the cute girls that I know. It's gotten way out of hand and I really just need this money as like I stated, I need it. He makes all kinds of excuses, and is difficult to get ahold of now, yet he wants to know the status of the other names.
it has me completely burnt out and irritated beyond belief..

What do you do?

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This guy is creepy and unprofessional. You cut him loose ASAP.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Cut this loser out and if needed, cut your losses too. It's ridiculous that such abuse exists and there should be a virtual punch app that slaps jerks like him right in the gonads.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
he sounds like a loser. out him. nothing gets things taken care of like public humilation.

lotk.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just post his contact info here and someone close to him will give him a visit.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed with the other responses. Drop him. And make it a habit to never give out pictures of yourself or your family to strangers.

Also you should use a business email or create a separate email account for doing business.
Keep business business. Your private life should be a different entity.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how did you meet him?

why would you continue to do business with someone who makes such remarks?

and why in the world would you send someone a) you dont know b) someone who apparently is nuts personal pictures of yourself?

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah I bundled all my emails in Google email. So I have been using my professional, but he stated that I accidentally sent from my business gmail account but I dunno. I have told him repeatedly I no longer want to do business with him. Then he stated where I lived and asked me if my sexy cousins would be there if he came by. I dunno how he got my address since I just recently moved there.

I thought about outing him as a lousy guy to broker for. Then I decided against it since it's only my frustration and it would make me look unprofessional. Every time I tell him, I am done with him. He dangles the fact that he can pay me money. I get hopeful that maybe he'll comply. I hate feeling desperate and that's what I have put myself into.

Maybe I can write a whole lot for Adam and he'll pay me at least :) If anyone needs anything, i'll try my best to help.

how did you meet him?

why would you continue to do business with someone who makes such remarks?

and why in the world would you send someone a) you dont know b) someone who apparently is nuts personal pictures of yourself?

He found me through DS, he wanted to get his names brokered.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
:( learnings!!!!!

btw, make it a point to close the sales!

I have closed 6/7 of his sales which have amounted to the 1300. I feel like a retard because I busted my ass & my resources & I feel like I just wasted 3 weeks.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah I bundled all my emails in Google email. So I have been using my professional, but he stated that I accidentally sent from my business gmail account but I dunno. I have told him repeatedly I no longer want to do business with him. Then he stated where I lived and asked me if my sexy cousins would be there if he came by. I dunno how he got my address since I just recently moved there.

Get a large dog. Or several. And have a few (trusted) large male friends hang out at your place for awhile. Maybe even report this one to the police. Sounds an awful lot like a stalker. Have you scanned your computer for virii / keyloggers?

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
should have demanded your cut on a name to name basis.

lotk.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally I think it is unprofessional not to out him otherwise other people will get screwed.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
should have demanded your cut on a name to name basis.

Well I asked him if he would be willing to give a deposit and he was like, "I don't know and you may not sell anything." I was like, "okay."

Get a large dog. Or several. And have a few (trusted) large male friends hang out at your place for awhile. Maybe even report this one to the police. Sounds an awful lot like a stalker. Have you scanned your computer for virii / keyloggers?

This guy I am dating has taken liberty to come by in the evenings to make sure I am okay and I have min pinscher, dunno her abilities but she has bad anxiety.
Cool thing about this guy is he lives in Phoenix. I didnt think about calling the police. Good idea

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed LOtk

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Name the guy already, it will not make you look unprofessional, in fact it would be a warning and spare others. Don't hold out for $1300 that isn't coming. Sorry to hear all this, better to let people know WHOM the person is that is scaring you, just in case, god forbid.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
he sounds like a loser. out him. nothing gets things taken care of like public humilation.

imo it sounds like you will NEVER get money from this creep....so do yourself a favor and make the decision to never communicate with him again...This guy is bad news...put your energy towards more positive deals in the future with people that appreciate you and your talents.
No one NEEDS money that bad...there is always a price to pay ...

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What information can I post? I don't know his username from DS, he just stated that he found me there and contacted me through my site.

QM- I know I'll never see the money and that's why i feel so burnt out and irritated.

lotk.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Post the domains you are selling for him. We can get his info from whois.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom