Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

I am getting burnt out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow the more I talk this through, the more idiotic I am starting to feel. He gave me his paypal. He told me that it would look more believable to have my name in the administrative section since i was the one contacting all the users etc..
I have social issues of trying to please and do everything I can to ensure that everyone is happy. I think it ties into my roman catholic upbringing. I haven't always been the best judge of character & I just want to please super hard so that I can strive in my business.

Patty,
I am Roman Catholic too. What has that to do with anything? All these sympathetic replies you have here. Get 'Smart'. Will ya?

If not, you are only asking for trouble.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Patty,
I am Roman Catholic too. What has that to do with anything? All these sympathetic replies you have here. Get 'Smart'. Will ya?

If not, you are only asking for trouble.

You know how they say catholics always feel guilty? That's what I was referring to and why I was trying to overplease.

I will "get smart" or go dead..

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there a problem with listing the domains?

I mean you don't want anyone else to run into this person or buy possibly a stolen domain do ya?

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
1) A city.com name:

LouisvilleJefferson.com
Louisville/Jefferson is a sizeable city in Kentucky and it has population of over 250,000 residents. Its name differs it from other Louisvilles in the US. Note, it is not a CityState.com, like NashvilleDavidsonTN.com, which is listed next -- it is a city.com.

2) A citystate.com name:

NashvilleDavidsonTN.com
Nashville-Davidson is a large city in the state of Tennessee, with population over 500,000 residents.

3) Island .names:

SaFerradura.com
Sa Ferradura is a lush European island; it is undoubtedly one of Europe’s most exclusive resorts.

CabbageCay.com
Cabbage Cay is an island that even has it’s own road pushed to it. Turtles, fish, and birds abound.

Sa Ferradura is ranked 1st on the famous travel website IslandVacations.com and Cabbage Cay is ranked 2nd.

4) GEO Tube .com names:

SumatraTube.com
Sumatra is Indonesia's largest island and 6th-largest island in the world. Population 45mn, land area over 171,000 square miles.

SurabayaTube.com
Surabaya is Indonesia's 2nd-largest city and a great tourist destination.

BagdadTube.com

EurasiaTube.com
This is almost like WorldTube.com, since Eurasia has over 2/3 of world's population and over 1/3 of land.

5) Pair BirminghamTube.co.uk and BirminghamLottery.co.uk:

LondonTube.co.uk, LeedsTube.co.uk, GlasgowTube.co.uk, LiverpoolTube.co.uk, EdinburghTube.co.uk, ManchesterTube.co.uk are all taken. LondonLottery.co.uk, LeedsLottery.co.uk, GlasgowLottery.co.uk, LiverpoolLottery.co.uk, EdinburghLottery.co.uk, ManchesterLottery.co.uk are all taken, too.

Birmingham is the largest among core UK cities and second-largest after Greater London (which is a 10mn city agglomeration formed by London itself, and its various suburbs. If we were to count only population of London proper, without the Greater London area, then Birmingham would be UK's largest city). Birmingham's population is over 1mn people.

Link to Wikipedia article on Birmingham: [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham[/url]"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham[/URL] .

6) Iranian state and city names:

NorthKhorasan.com
SouthKhorasan.com
RazaviKhorasan.com (its capital is Mashhad, second-largest Iranian city and the holy Shia city)

ChaharmahalandBakhtiari.com
SistanandBalochistan.com

Kohgiluyeh.com
KohgiluyehandBoyerahmad.com

EastAzerbaijan.com
WestAzerbaijan.com

Ghom.co.uk
Ghom is 6th-largest city of Iran, with about 1mn residents, and it is the 2nd-largest holy Shia city after Mashhad. Note that Ghom.net is a premium, and when you attempt to register it via GoDaddy, the system says that it is for sale as premium for 2,088 USD. As you know, co.uk extension is more important than .net, thus I have higher expectations on Ghom.co.uk.

Karaj.tv
It is the 4th-largest city of Iran, with population of 2mn, and it is the largest suburb of Tehran.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
then the other day, I sold one of his names for the price range he wanted. I sent him a contract, etc. Told him he had 24 hours to send me my commission which he set at 18% (my commission was 1300 roughly)

Who did you sell the name to? Do you have their e-mail address? Is all the info in the contract?

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
who is starpowerdomains?

you? so you are the admin of the domains?

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm confused. When you brokered the domains for him did he change all of the info to your info?

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
who is starpowerdomains?

some of those domains are posted on their site and they are the registrants for the domains?

I need to attach the other email so it makes more sense, but Simon wanted me to have my name attached since I was brokering them

Hi Patty,
I changed the whois so that it made it more beliavable

I could not change WHOIS for co.uk domains:

Ghom.co.uk
BirminghamTube.co.uk
BirminghamLottery.co.uk

CO.uk registry does not allow registrant contact info change. :( So, when promoting the domains, do not include these three in the list, as the owner. You could sell these separately, as the broker -- that is, directly mentioning to the buyers that you are brokering these 3 names. :)

All other WHOIS changed.

Simon

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Starpower Domains
I think it would be best that you left your email and information intact as I will state to buyers and potential buyers that I am just brokering the names.

Patty
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 9:43 AM, Simon <[email protected]> wrote:
<should we try for end user prices? >

Yes, first try end-user prices.

Do you want me to change WHOIS for all of these domains, so they would appear belonging to you? Then you would be selling them like if you were the owner, so there would be no "broker effect" (that is, potential buyers knowing the domains offered by a broker, and therefore assuming the broker added an extra amount to the price, for his or her broker efforts. Such assumption often makes buyers decide not to buy the domains, just because of that assumed "extra amount".)

Simon

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 8:55 AM, Starpower Domains <[email protected]> wrote:
Are you wanting reseller prices or should we try for end user prices?

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Simon <[email protected]> wrote:

Cool. Do you know domainers who could be interested in my domains?

Simon

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 8:17 AM, Starpower Domains <[email protected]> wrote:
Simon,
Thank you for the quick response.

Patty

------------------------------

This is an exerpt of the last conversation that I have had with Simon

Simon: a friend of mine is selling a real estate
by the way, can you send me your bikini pic;)?
3:58 PM and he wants to sell it
can u help sell it?
me: no i am not sending my bikini shots
Simon: wiw
wow
me: i just do domains
me: i can try, where is he?
Simon: i think u r nices than that terrible pic
*nicer
3:59 PM i will send u the ad

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sounds like Simon was having a beer too many that night.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
At that point, I was really frustrated with him and I was trying to do anything for him to send the funds. I was being desperate but I had banked on these sales clearing, but kinda the looking back on and going through this. I wonder if I was a sucker, eh I learned something.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://www.socialmedian.com/story/3521410/for-sale-premium-com-us-geo-name

BIN 9,900.00 GBP (13,840 USD) or best offer via PM or email only (do not post offers, questions, or comments in this thread). Email address is [email protected]. Please send reasonable offers, otherwise they might be rejected. You can also call us at (1) 602 315 1055.

Seems there is a phone number there

Registrant:
Simon Gore

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
1121 N. 44th St., Ste 2134
Phoenix
AZ
US

Last edited:

DNBA

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i dont understand why you didnt take your commission before giving him his money.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i dont understand why you didnt take your commission before giving him his money.

Well his thought was I might take his money and run with it. We argued about this quite a bit, he just wanted me to find the buyers and he would deal with the monetary side of things.

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well his thought was I might take his money and run with it. We argued about this quite a bit, he just wanted me to find the buyers and he would deal with the monetary side of things.
Unfortunately that is a sign that you perhaps shouldn't do business with this person.

Logically it'd be silly for a broker to handle all the sales, pay out all the money and then wait for the commission to be paid afterwards.

Although this is all part of learning - don't let this put you off or feel burnt out. One idiot shouldn't be enough to take away your livelihood.

beyond.domaining

www.BeyondDomaining.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Democrat - it sounds like you are very knowledgeable about the domain industry and that you are providing a valuable service to your clients. Your time is valuable. Don't waste your time on wastes of time. From the beginning, this guy sounded like a waste of time to me.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm real sorry this happened to you Democrat, it's pretty rotten of this guy to cheat you out of money you rightfully earned.

and then proceeds to ask me if I have a picture. I was like, yeah and I sent him my photo.

This is what I don't understand, why would you send a photo of yourself and your cousins to a guy you barely know and have pending business transaction with? you must of known it was going to cause trouble right?.... This guy played you from the start, and I'm sorry to have to say this, but you have nobody to blame but yourself for what transpired.

Then he asks me all these sexual questions, then asks me if any of the girls (I showed him a family photo of me & my cousins done by yuen liu) that were pictured are single and if they want him to kiss him.

I'm not the least bit surprised, I got plenty of that here on the Forum when I posted my real pic, what a mistake that was.

mclovin

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not the least bit surprised, I got plenty of that here on the Forum when I posted my real pic, what a mistake that was.

Well, that seems to be the normal behavior in forums and chats, at least from what I can tell.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm real sorry this happened to you Democrat, it's pretty rotten of this guy to cheat you out of money you rightfully earned.

This is what I don't understand, why would you send a photo of yourself and your cousins to a guy you barely know and have pending business transaction with? you must of known it was going to cause trouble right?.... This guy played you from the start, and I'm sorry to have to say this, but you have nobody to blame but yourself for what transpired.

Raider,
I was trying to be open and not seem like I was hiding anything. I should have known better though and you are right. Also, the picture is a great one; if I say so myself.

I guess I was surprised but then again in hindsight, I no longer am.

Patty

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators