Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed i am the only one here that has registered a .ws domain?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
All I have is com/net domains, never even bothered picking up any biz/info names.

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have nothing but dot-coms (and have never registered a dot-ws).

M

MattyP

I have never even thought about registering a .ws
I have a few .info 1 .org the rest are .coms

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have .com , .net and .org-s but never registered .ws

Originally posted by WandaMay

an Anic member seydMa who owns www.ChildWizard.com

has a handful of .ws & she has them posted for sale on her
ChildWizard site..

She's working on the site..
so is why you'll get the index files when you click the link..

give her a couple days.. she'll have it all reVamped & launched.

it's a SearchEngine type site.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have one .ws name which is PC-Game.ws or is it PC-Games.ws - too lazy to look it up :D
My opinion on .ws and such:
If you own the name for typein,forget it;only .com is the rule for that.
If you use it for a selling/affiliate/developed site and THE SE'S ARE TAKING IT(the extension),then the extension almost doesn't matter. For SE's i think it's better to have a generic .ws/whatever domain like say baseball.ws instead of a long .com name like baseball-sportteams24.com
Just IMHO

Frank

http://NuBrand.com

If you're running an affiliate program, its important your affiliates consider you professional and trustworthy as you will be owing them large sums (hopefully).

.com gives that impression, .ws might make them wonder what country you are in or question your reliability etc.

Big business uses .com - using anything else sets you apart from that halo effect. Why pay a premium for that?

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I meant a site where you are the one that gets % of products you sell on your site - so not you running an affiliate program but using one and get commission on sales.Sorry if i did't express that clearly enuff.:)

Frank

http://NuBrand.com

Originally posted by safesys
If you're running an affiliate program, its important your affiliates consider you professional and trustworthy as you will be owing them large sums (hopefully).

.com gives that impression, .ws might make them wonder what country you are in or question your reliability etc.

I agree, I'd even suggest that many consumers also would be sceptical of alternate extensions such as .cc, .ws etc.

Most people are used to .com/.net/.org and I think there is a lot of natural distrust for anything which looks unusual on the net, especially given that many people are still concerned about security issues.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Depends.

Most people don't look at the domainname anyway if clicking on a search result link but rather look at the description matching.And then,to me a domain like baseball.ws looks still more professional on the SE results page than baseball-sportsite.com.
Don't get me wrong,no doubt about .com being the king.All i am saying is in regards to SE anyway.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom