Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

I bought a premium domain name

ibuyandselldomains

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It only cost $115. It is one of those domain names that is a potential million dollar name. it would be a stretch to get a million dollars out of, but it's not out of its range. Is this one of those too good to be true moments? A realistic number on this domain name would probably be some where around 20k, upto Maybe 200k or so. It is a .org Do you think I got it guys?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well I don't want to be too skeptical but it is highly unlikely. Without knowing the name of course we can't say. The fact that it's a .org doesn't bode well immediately as it is already worth probably a tenth of the price of a .com. So the kind of names in .org that would fetch 20k to 200k are not going to be going for $115.

ibuyandselldomains

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't know. But there are only a hand full of domain names in .org that would even likely fetch 20k, but this domain name is most likely one that would. I am not gonna say what domain name it is until I find out if I got it or not. Either way, I will let you guys know what domain name it is.

ibuyandselldomains

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I will tell you right now though that if I had this name in .com I would expect to get somewhere between 200k and 2 million for it.

ibuyandselldomains

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok. When I find out whether or not I got it, I will post the domain name here, and you guys can take a guess on whether I got it or not.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

ibuyandselldomains

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am not promoting it. Just wondering if anybody else has had experience purchasing a domain name, that seems to good to be true, and what their outcome was basically.

Reaction score
Not very likely. When you get into the realms of 200k domains people generally know what they're worth and will buy/sell accordingly. When I sell a domain for 5 or 6 figures I have generally paid 5 or 6 figures for it. To be honest judging by some of the domains you've put up for appraisal I'm very doubtful this domain is worth anything. However as Biggie says, without knowing the domain, or whether you even own the domain, this thread is a bit pointless.

Reaction score
No. With biden.com, biden.net and biden.us not being used (although the .com amusingly redirects to an alzheimers page) the person I assume you are aiming this at is not interested. Outside of the US president there are not many people with this surname so that potential market is tiny. Another use would be some kind of political blog but that would certainly not result in a lottery-type million dollar sale.

ibuyandselldomains

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
No, you are right. They told me that some guy posted it for sale on whatever site they listed it, but he wasn't the owner. But I got my money back.

ibuyandselldomains

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I paid $115 for it, but I never really got it, which I didn't think I would. It's a $20,000 name.

ibuyandselldomains

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Get it. I will give you 20k for it on payments right now. $50 down, and $300 per month.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not promoting it. Just wondering if anybody else has had experience purchasing a domain name, that seems to good to be true, and what their outcome was basically.

Yes. And it was too good to be true :p

I hope it turns out okay for you though.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom