Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

I have control of some valuable domains I do not own. Help me repatriate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I imagine this is a dnforum first, and because it is somewhat of a sensitive topic I have posted it in the exclusive forum such that I can get help from the best.

So.. back in 2007 I was in contact with a lovely older gentleman about purchasing some of his domains. At the time he was going through some awful personal/health based problems which I will not disclose here.

As the deal were getting closer to being done and dusted contact suddenly ceased - he had seemingly disappeared off the edge of the earth. I have attempted to contact him numerous times over the 5 years that have followed since. Sadly with no luck.

Fortunately for this gentlemen he had renewed his domains for 10 years when registering them, but he has since left them untouched. They expire in 2013.

The contact email was associated with a domain that had expired, and noticing this I registered it. His domains are soon to expire, and i have as such accessed his registrar account.
It is my intention to renew his domains and return them to him should he ever appear. They are not the most valuable of domains, but are most likely worth a couple of thousand dollars or so.

Retrospectively I feel as though I should not have accessed his account, and if he has died perhaps or simply moved, forgotten etc then maybe I should have left his domains to simply expire.
I have however accessed his account, and well, hindsight is a *****..

So.. perhaps the members of dnforum could advise me what to do, and perhaps the detectives of dnforum could help me get in contact with this gentlemen again to give him back his domains.

Cheers all.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
walk away and let them expire... JMO

:yo:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have agree with Johnn...again.

This is admirable of you but also not appropriate.

If something tragic has transpired, this would be property of the estate.

Curiousity question...was this person located in the Las Vegas area?

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have agree with Johnn...again.

This is admirable of you but also not appropriate.

If something tragic has transpired, this would be property of the estate.

Curiousity question...was this person located in the Las Vegas area?

Agreed.

No, the individual is a Brit like myself. Your thoughts are appreciated and duly noted.

I am trying my best to get in touch with the individual or his family to sort this,

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the US this would qualify as wire fraud I believe :)
Maybe get in touch with the registrar, they may have additional info on file and may be able to reach somebody, but no guarantee they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom