• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

I just heard a radio commercial talking about selling domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2005
Messages
1,556
Reaction score
19
It was a talk radio station and the website is "Makingmoney360.com" or something like that, I don't remember.
The commercial claims Radio.com sold for $1.5 million and Creditcards.com sold for $1.8 million.
Has anyone else heard this commercial ?
 
kinda funny that you can't recall the domain of a commercial about selling domains!

anyhow, haven't heard it
 
I haven't heard but that's awesome!!!!!
 
Haven't heard the one on the radio but there has been a commercial running on TV the last few days.

The domain is http://domaininvesting.com/

Looks like they are trying to get investors to put up money for domains or something.
 
I haven't heard the commercial, but this is just the very beginning of what will become the norm. Look out for the unusual domains croping up, they are the ones that advertisers will kill each other for in the very near future.
 
I haven't heard the commercial, but this is just the very beginning of what will become the norm. Look out for the unusual domains croping up, they are the ones that advertisers will kill each other for in the very near future.

The flipside is that if these companies don't invest well, there will be a whole bunch of mom and pop investors who lose money, then cue the bad press for the industry..
 
The flipside is that if these companies don't invest well, there will be a whole bunch of mom and pop investors who lose money, then cue the bad press for the industry..

Sorry I don't understand how you work this out. Any companies who have investors and do not invest well will lose money, it happens all the time, I mean look at modern Ford.
 
Sorry I don't understand how you work this out. Any companies who have investors and do not invest well will lose money, it happens all the time, I mean look at modern Ford.

Our industry is only just emerging and the Internet is a threat to traditional media (TV, radio and newspapers), because their advertising dollars are shifting away fast. They'll pick up any bad press on domains, domain kiting, phishing, Web 2.0 bubbles, click fraud and they'll milk it for every ounce they can. Were you taking a nap in 2001?
 
Our industry is only just emerging and the Internet is a threat to traditional media (TV, radio and newspapers), because their advertising dollars are shifting away fast. They'll pick up any bad press on domains, domain kiting, phishing, Web 2.0 bubbles, click fraud and they'll milk it for every ounce they can. Were you taking a nap in 2001?

Yes, I totally agree with that. Sorry.
 
I heard of it, Im not a fan of it. Hey check out how to get rich quick!!??! I dont like that view of domaining.
 
Wish they would stop telling everyone about our secret ;)
 
There are peeks and valleys in every marketplace, domaining is no different.

Stay alert and know how to shift your gears on the down grade.
 
Haven't heard the one on the radio but there has been a commercial running on TV the last few days.

The domain is http://domaininvesting.com/

Looks like they are trying to get investors to put up money for domains or something.

Are they selling their own specific domains to investors or are they just looking for an investment in their company portfolio?
 
I figure when people you know who have never been involved in domains before start talking about them buying/selling domains to make money, and there is water cooler talk about domaining, you'll know the domain market is in a frenzy. As far as I can tell we are far from that happening, because most people I know never talk about domaining at all - it's almost amazing because it isn't hard to get started in domaining, and you can do it from home. And webhosting/sitebuilding is cheap and easy these days.
 
Only a matter of time until the infomercials...

Yes, it may ultimately put domaining in a negative light, but I have to admit, I wouldn't mind another frenzy like we had five or six years ago when it seemed domains were moving like Big Mac's...
 
Our industry is only just emerging and the Internet is a threat to traditional media (TV, radio and newspapers), because their advertising dollars are shifting away fast. They'll pick up any bad press on domains, domain kiting, phishing, Web 2.0 bubbles, click fraud and they'll milk it for every ounce they can. Were you taking a nap in 2001?
Very good points. The domain industry needs quality representation. Some of these fly-by-night, get rich quick schemes generate "bad press".
 
Maybe what you have hear in the radio was the advertising of the site:

dotventures.com

If my memory does not fail, they sell domains like something360.com where something are popular search terms.
Basically they say the SEO advantage of a domain like something.com or something360.com is almost the same.
Thanks to this fact they are trying to sell their 360 domain portfolio.

Now again, if my memory does not fail and if I have understood what I read few months ago.

...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom