Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I lost a sale due to GoDaddy !

Status
Not open for further replies.

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have all our domains with Afternic and have been going through a sale . Have been trying to push the name to the buyers account for over a week. Godaddy informs me that there transfer system is down and they don't know how long to get it fixed.

Buyer wants to transfer to a different register..Same story only since the name is 7 weeks old GoDaddy will not allow it to transfer out.

Spoke with support several times to no avail. Could never get hold of a manager either.

This is terrible. Not only have I now lost this complete sale, but Afternic is not happy and it reflects poorly on our company.

I can't believe GoDaddy would not help us out with this issue. They were always so good in the past.

Heads up if you are selling names through GoDaddy.

**If this is the wrong forum I apologize please move to applicable forum thread. I thought it was newsworthy as many people are selling domains through GoDaddy and this is a heads up for them. Thanks

Domain Summit 2024

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why is this news?

Sorry about your bad luck with godaddy.

I've had other unrelated problems with their system aswell.

Good Luck!

- Jordan

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you wait 11 days more, then the transfer would have gone fine no?
60 days minimum and all that?
Why is it strange that they wont allow a transfer out before 60 days?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have to agree with seeker .. the 60 day minimum rule is ICANN, not godaddy ... all you had to do was push it to another godaddy account, give it to him, and tell him he could transfer the domain out when the 60 days was up.

guiwang

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
Have to agree with seeker .. the 60 day minimum rule is ICANN, not godaddy ... all you had to do was push it to another godaddy account, give it to him, and tell him he could transfer the domain out when the 60 days was up.
Yes,I think this is the best method for you.

Bean

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its actually 5 days out of the 60 day window so I'm ok for transfer. The last guy I spoke with told me I can't transfer out due to the 60 day issue, however I looked it up a few hours later and realized he was wrong.

The issue is that GoDaddy is not allowing ANYONE to push names right now because their system is down. I'm going to try for a transfer to ENOM but GoDaddy warned me that it might not work because they are having many problems right now and have no idea when it will be fixed.

I sent a note through escrow offering the buyer a free domain included with the sale for the inconvience and he accepted. The most important aspect is great customer service on our part. If there is one thing any successful businessperson knows is that your customer service is what keeps clients. Therefore the client agreed to wait another 48 hours for the domain to push to ENOM.

Hopefully this resolves itself with a good outcome, but it has taught me a lesson about GoDaddy.

Thanks for all the thoughts:)

acts837ad

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:

Godaddy slaps another 60 days onto any domain that gets "pushed" to another GD account. I almost refuse to use GD because of this!

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
acts837 said:
Godaddy slaps another 60 days onto any domain that gets "pushed" to another GD account. I almost refuse to use GD because of this!
Ouch. Thanks for the info .. that SUCKS

acts837ad

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FMS said:
I sent a note through escrow offering the buyer a free domain included with the sale for the inconvience and he accepted. The most important aspect is great customer service on our part. If there is one thing any successful businessperson knows is that your customer service is what keeps clients. Therefore the client agreed to wait another 48 hours for the domain to push to ENOM.

FMS, eNom just instituted a 7 day push limit on domains. Once the domain gets into your account you will then have to wait another 7 days before the domain can be pushed again. Although this seems restrictive it isn't nearly as bad as GD's push process.

We have as of late developed some new rules regarding pushing of domains. Upon registration, you can not push for 7 days. Once pushed, you can also not push it again for 7 days.

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
acts837 said:
FMS, eNom just instituted a 7 day push limit on domains. Once the domain gets into your account you will then have to wait another 7 days before the domain can be pushed again. Although this seems restrictive it isn't nearly as bad as GD's push process.

I can still move the domain into my ENOM resellers account can't I?

acts837ad

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Transfers are completely seperate from pushes. A transfer between GD and eNom isn't a problem.

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
acts837 said:

I did not know abt it either. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Days till Domain Summit

Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom