Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

discussion "I think a promo deal with .ONLINE is worth pursuing." Who said this?

This is a general discussion thread revolving around the a topic of the original poster's choice.

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
These threads are just vehicles for him to drop his domains.

onandon.online

And not very good ones.
Never said onandon.online was a good domain, rather some arrogant domainer was/is asking $194,000 for onandon.com. Verisign was right about arrogant domainers "hoarding" domains to the detriment consumers.

Arrogance.online is a lot like Covid....it's a pandemic☺

Domain summit 2024

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
Weird.online, definitely ;)
Slick...do you understand the concept of risk vs. reward......seriously? Assume i just registered the following domains;

HomeSeller.Online
HomeAppraiser.Online
HomeRealtor.Online
HomeArchitect.Online

Now see if the .com equivalent of each of these names is in use. Now check to see the valuation for each of these names. Once you've done that check to see how much the .online version sold for.

What's weird is....you don't get it. I apologize if this is over your head:)

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What's weird is....you don't get it
I don't see what I would have to "get", exactly. You're a domainer. It's the end consumer to whom you want to sell that you should try to convince, not me.

I'm not against the idea that .online domains are quite good. If you manage to sell them, there could be a good reward. Fine. There still have to be a demand for it and people willing to buy them. .online do NOT have the appeal of .com. This is what is reflected in the selling prices, or the current use. Maybe this will change with time, but chances are, it won't.

Anyway, no need to try to convince US here. Go convince buying customers.

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
I don't see what I would have to "get", exactly. You're a domainer. It's the end consumer to whom you want to sell that you should try to convince, not me.

I'm not against the idea that .online domains are quite good. If you manage to sell them, there could be a good reward. Fine. There still have to be a demand for it and people willing to buy them. .online do NOT have the appeal of .com. This is what is reflected in the selling prices, or the current use. Maybe this will change with time, but chances are, it won't.

Anyway, no need to try to convince US here. Go convince buying customers.
Thanks for your your post, and what I see as confirmation of Rob Monster's comment, "I think a promo deal with .ONLINE is worth pursuing".

It seems i may have convinced you too, and maybe that's all I should expect. However, i'm not just seeking confirmation I'm seeking help in the way of collaboration, consultancy, and yes, friendship.

Ever hear of SWOT? The acronym stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. Since I learned about this business/personal exercise some 25 years ago, it's been a critical part of both my personal and business relationships.

I'll leave you with this, two heads are always better than one as long as they have similar goals. If your goals are to make money and have fun, than we should talk. Thanks again.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I remember SWOT analysis quite well in undergrad. I don't think we focused on it too much in grad school, or if we did, it was in another way.

Strengths: Attractive new generic TLD that can cost less than the .com counterpart.
Weaknesses: Nobody is using it and a very small portion of the investing community has invested heavily in it.
Opportunities: You can market it 24/7 to gain traction. If there are any promos, you can seize the opportunity to build a larger portfolio.
Threats: .com, .io, and other ccTLDs that are eyed for startups, and .online renewal fees.

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
Excellent analysis amplify....a few things I might add;

Strengths: "Attractive new generic TLD that can cost a hundred times less than the .com counterpart." I say "a hundred times" less because i pay just $1 for 99% of my .online domains and the .com equivalent is valued at over $6,000 by Go Daddy on average.

Weaknesses: "Nobody is using it and a very small portion of the investing community has invested heavily in it." All true, and I'll also add NO ONE outside the domain community knows the extension exists.

Opportunities: "You can market it 24/7 to gain traction. If there are any promos, you can seize the opportunity to build a larger portfolio" Unlike .com's, there are thousands to actually millions of .online's that are actually available to register today. I've registered 4,365 of them since January, and to show there are thousands more to be registered, here some i registered in the last 24 hours; HomeListing.Online, HomePrices.Online, HomeRealtor.Online, HomeAppraiser.Online, HomeSellers.Online, ViewHomes.Online, TheZebra.Online and EuroMusic.Online.

Threats: ".com, .io, and other ccTLDs that are eyed for startups, and .online renewal fees." Amplify, here again i agree that .com, .io and other ccTLDs are eyed for start ups, but it's because they're not aware that .Online exists. On another note renewel fees for .online domains are only $29.99 a year. I say "only" realizing that renewing 4,365 domains could cost me $130,906.35 a year, then again they could cost me ZERO assuming I don't renew a single one.

Anyway, the SWOT analysis is something all investors regardless of their investment should be aware of. Thanks again for your interest, and I hope we can keep this sort of dialogue regarding .Online going☺

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Strengths: "Attractive new generic TLD that can cost a hundred times less than the .com counterpart." I say "a hundred times" less because i pay just $1 for 99% of my .online domains and the .com equivalent is valued at over $6,000 by Go Daddy on average.
I wouldn't classify this as a strength. It's too much distortion of reality. No domainer takes automated appraisals seriously.
I say "only" realizing that renewing 4,365 domains could cost me $130,906.35 a year, then again they could cost me ZERO assuming I don't renew a single one.
So you have yearly renewals of $0? Are you taking a shotgun approach to register 4000 names and dropping each one yearly? What's the renewal on all of these? How do you support the renewal? How are you going to decide which ones to renew when/if you get a sale?

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
"No
I wouldn't classify this as a strength. It's too much distortion of reality. No domainer takes automated appraisals seriously.

So you have yearly renewals of $0? Are you taking a shotgun approach to register 4000 names and dropping each one yearly? What's the renewal on all of these? How do you support the renewal? How are you going to decide which ones to renew when/if you get a sale?
"No domainer takes automated appraisals seriously" I don't disagree, but I'm not selling .Online domains to "other domainers". I'm selling them to "end users" who may not have any idea what a domain is worth. For example, if I'm selling PlumbingSupplies.Online to an "end user" for $1,000, I'd be crazy not to show him/her that Go Daddy values PlumbingSupplies.com at $12,500. Besides, it's not even available for purchase even at that price. That's exactly why I consider it as a strength. Do you understand?

With regards to renewals, this is where the typical domainer gets lost.....there's no requirement that i renew a single domain. That said however, while I've spent hundreds of hours researching, discovering and buying .Online domains for a buck each, i expect to sell enough to at least cover my nut after the first year. When it comes time for renewal i doubt I'll renew more than 20% of my portfolio, but keep in mind I don't need to do that.

Finally, even renewal fees are negotiable. How negotiable? I've seen domains that normally would be renewed at $299 be renewed at $10. Were you aware that's possible? I see where you've been around longer than me, so I guess you have.

Thanks again for participating in the SWOT analysis for .ONLINE domains, but I'm afraid we haven't scratched the surface. If you're interested I'll share next how and to who I plan to outbound market .Online domains.

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
amplify..... .ONLINE domains are still selling for $1. As an example, one of the other members here owns the domain ClassyDomains.com and it's listed for sale at DAN for $3,995......Question? Knowing and understanding there is ZERO technical difference between ClassyDomains.com and ClassyDomains.Online, if I wanted to name my business "Classy Domains" and my startup funds were limited, wouldn't it be smart of me to purchase the domain ClassyDomains.Online "if" i could buy it for less than $1,000.

I'll reiterate.....rarely do any of the new gTLD's sell themselves. However, i think that's why Rob Monster said to me, "I think a promo deal with .ONLINE is worth pursuing" What do you think?

ps. if no one buys ClassyDomains.Online after reading this, I'll buy it for my portfolio in the next 24 hours, that's if I can afford a $1.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
amplify..... .ONLINE domains are still selling for $1.
I'll still bow out and go with what works. But, I hope you and all the other .online investors the best!
I'll reiterate.....rarely do any of the new gTLD's sell themselves. However, i think that's why Rob Monster said to me, "I think a promo deal with .ONLINE is worth pursuing" What do you think?
Maybe @sufyanalani can make this happen.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators