• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

I uninstalled Norton Antivirus and now I´m happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdGin

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 30, 2006
Messages
1,533
Reaction score
2
After years to work with Norton Antivirus I uninstaled it yesterday.

Till yesterday my computer was very slow even, I make weekly all the mantain stuff...as Disk Clean up, desfragment and so on...to mantain my computer that is a 15 hours tool daily.

I have installed now a free version of AVG, and I feel the computer more quick, responding better and I didn´t have to restart it in the middle of the day as I did before.

I´m happy I found the solution to uninstall Norton after a friend of mine suggested that. So I suggest all of you...do the same and start enjoing a new life!
 
AVG is awful, Norton is bad too I agree. Go with McAfee and don't look back. AVG detects all viruses but it is unable to remove most of them therfore it's useless.
 
Same story, dumped Norton 2 years ago for AVG. Norton can hog down a 3+ GHz P4.
 
zonealarm goes easy on your pc ...

Mcaffee & norton ... pc killerz !
 
We shoud ask why they still lead the market...
 
Use AVG on one computer ( at work ), no probs whatsoever.

But for main computer I´d decided to go for:
Ad-Aware SE (Lavasoft) and CCleaner - both together work perfect, no slow downs, regular updates and a generally clean computer.
 
PC-cillin from Trend Micro is the way to go. I can have photoshop, ftp, notepad, dreamweaver, firefox, excel and more open like right now and our 1.6 AMDs still humm along. With e-coupon it's only $14-20 and never has one of our machines fallen ill.
 
We shoud ask why they still lead the market...

because the corporations that be .. put them on every new pc on the market .. and we accept that like sheep.

But we learn eventually ....

hence firefox etc ... we get wiser !
 
I did a search of over 20 PC and user reviews, and overall, it appears Bitdefender has the highest reviews, PC Cillan 2nd, Zonealarm also got high marks....
 
Use NOD32 aon all computers. Dumped Norton 6-7 years ago.
 
Anyone Know A Good Pop Up Blocker?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom