Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Important Read This if You Want to Bid Sunday Night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My programmers are telling me that you will need Sun's Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.4 installed on your PC. The auction client is a java applet which will not work without the JRE.

You can find downloads for different operating systems here http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/download.html

Test your system by going here http://tauction.dnforum.com/client/client.html. If you get a gray square with login blanks, you're good to go.

If you have any troubles with the test, download and install the latest version of Netscape. It works fine without having to install anything.

A reminder: Auction Night will change to Saturday after this Sunday's auction.

Upvote 0

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Works fine here. Is the username and password going to be filled in automatically with our "cookied" login from DNForum? Or do we have to go and look up our passwords, argh.... ? :)

Domain Summit 2024

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GeorgeK
Works fine here. Is the username and password going to be filled in automatically with our "cookied" login from DNForum? Or do we have to go and look up our passwords, argh.... ? :)

Gee, if you guys cant even remember your passwords....does gregr have get his programmers to wipe your butt too?

Just kidding George :D

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol :)

It would be a neat trick to have it filled in automatically, though, just like it does for the chat applet.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just one little detail... tell the programmers that they should set the tab order so you can tab from username to password.

P.S. for the fields to load the username and password, the applet just needs to read the cookies on your computer. No big deal. If there is time, i am sure they will implement that, its a 3 minute deal.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You won't have to login and my programmers want double time if they have to wipe your ass. :)

thinkaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I installed the Java client, but when I go to the test link(http://tauction.dnforum.com/client/client.html), I get an error message in the Status bar that states:

load: class ClientSide not found

I'm using IE 6.0.

Is there another way to test it? I have 2 domains in the auction and need to be there.

UPDATE!

Just rebooted and it's working now. After installation, there wasn't a mention of having to reboot, so it must be necessary.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
You won't have to login and my programmers want double time if they have to wipe your ass. :)

hehe, and they are right. Being a programmer (since 1996) myself i relate. For some reason every time i have to leave the office early, when i am about to walk out the door, the CEO calls me up and tells me that there is an urgent need to rebuild the latest release and create a web install we could fire up in the next 10 minutes. I know its BS, i know because for years its been like this and we never upload an install 'till afternoon the next day. I start to think "Bullsh..." and then i think "Hey, as long as the cash keeps flowing, no problem! You can have 10 minutes of my time." lol

The only reason i mentioned the tab order and username/password entry is because i've done this a billion times over and i know it takes a few minutes to code and test. I have a million other sudgestions, but i decided to keep them to myself, you having your hands full at the time.

Good luck! Hope all works as planned!

YODD

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I lmanage to get the screen with login and password for the auction, but when I enter my user and password then login... nothing happens... do I need a different user name and password to enter into the auction.
Thanks
Lorenzo

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dataware,
They are keeping the loging & password enable to the last few mins as they are still working on it before start time....be patient and it will work if u are seeing that screnn.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, so are we on? Same link or what?

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I can't get it to work in either OS/9 or OSX.

I bought 3 names in last week's auction and was looking at 2 in this one, but can't bid.

I hope the owners get a decent price for those names without me bidding them up.

Oh well, this live auction thing was looking like a great idea, but with people locked out for Java reasons, it's not looking so great, IMHO. The few serious buyers that CAN get on will be laughing, no doubt.

Have fun people, I'll go buy some domains somewhere else.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No one is getting on Drewb - they don't have the thing running yet. Stand by.

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>No one is getting on Drewb - they don't have the thing running yet. Stand by.

Thaks, but I won't get on until they fix their Java programming - I get a fatal error -

java.lang.SecurityException: Prohibited package name: java.net

jingle

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I just now tried to download the java but it says that I should not procede because I am running windows 95....darn.

interbuy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh well can not log in, I guess I miss this one.

interbuy

N

namegame

I get a gray box with username and password screen but nothing happens when I try to logon?
Is the auction actually working?

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm in but it says auction will begin in 2040 seconds. So keep trying folks.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like it will start in 30 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom