Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Increasing revenue through pop-ups!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just thought I'd mention a few affiliates that I've found to convert quite well with pop-ups (and we all love pop-ups :) ) / banners / text links. I've put down a few, and an * next to the ones which seems to do the best for me anyway.

dating -

friendfinder.com *
match.com

cell phones -

idscellular.com *

browser cleaner (if its suitable for your site)

erasercash.com *
softwarebucks.com
evidenceeliminator.com

Domain summit 2024

I never bookmark a site that uses pop-ups.

I don't need that kind of aggrivation in my life.

-t

I just think of popups as micropayments. If a site I like is using them to generate revenue in return for the information I gain then thats fine.

I don't expect a newspaper to be ad free (and that includes inserts), and I don't expect the sites I use to be either.

yes true the fact is that at the moment many small sites can hardly even cover hosting fee's with just banners, let alone make a profit. Just look at all the humor sites selling for a song on ebay!

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Snoopy, those are hardly the leaders in the popup industry.
Anyway the Networks with great track records are:

-Popuptraffic.com
-ExitFuel.com
-FastClick.com
-PopUpSponsor.com

PopUpTraffic and all the other Standard Internet programs have a very bad reputation with people who generate larger accounts there.

To illustrate this, this is from revenews.com by an editor there who attended the affiliateforce event:

Most interesting aspect: this thread had some influence on the discussions at the AffiliateFORCE conference (especially since many of the participants in this community were also at the conference.) The biggest surprise for me from those discussions? Well, that quite a few people were more than eager to confirm off-the- record the allegations against SI: I talked to more than one "super-affiliate" who described their own experiences at being canceled "for no reason" by SI.

mc juice,

the company's you mention may be ok for some, but for example popuptraffic.com is owned by Stabdard Internet (so expect to get ripped off at some point).

Exitfuel are ok but they only allow sites without proper content, rather than advertising only pages so for domainers they don't seem much good. The other two I've heard good things about (in terms of payment), but you may want to check for terms similar to exitfuel (I don't know of any domain people using them - mainly content sites).

updatedsports

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
what ever you do, stay away from affiliatetarget.com. They are thiefs. They canceled my account and didn't pay me because they said my traffic was mostly from foriegn countrys......now that makes sense. an american sports site with mostly foriegn visitors.

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Actually safesys, that is all heresy.
SI is a reputable company, anyone who says different is completely un-knowledged in the Internet ad industry. If not, they would would have no where 30,000 affiliates.

I have also read a review with the same accusations. However, unless you have experienced them first hand. You really have no say in the matter. Especially when your just regurgitating the opinion of a select few out of thousands. I have in fact have tried Allclicks and Popuptraffic. Together, netting $1200. And I was paid!

updatedsports

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
allclicks is good but the full page has to load and it rarely does because people leave because of all the popups. Buts its still a good program because you can link anything you want.

popuptraffic.com is terrible. Very undercounted. if you made $1200 with popuptraffic.com you would have made $10000 with fastclick.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No popups,but thiefs as well:

Nitroclicks - didn't pay me for my 90(!) second line refferals

- since hitting $430 i don't get any new "tasks" so i won't reach the $500 earnings minimum to receive a cheque

- have decreased average revenue from $1-$8 down to $1-$0.3

Smartshop.com
- were supposed to report and send revenue cheques quarterly which would have been latest 04/15 but didn't send anything,now reports,no money,no nothing and then went out of business

I'm sure a lot of you know have made similar experiences.
Oh well - just time and money ....:(

Originally posted by MC Juice
SI is a reputable company, anyone who says different is completely un-knowledged in the Internet ad industry. If not, they would would have no where 30,000 affiliates.

I have also read a review with the same accusations. However, unless you have experienced them first hand. You really have no say in the matter.

MC Juice,

I think you will find many people here have expereinced it here first hand, Standard Internet have many small affiliates who they do pay, people who earn $30 per month, you can see them all here http://www.sictalk.com (their own heavily moderated forum).

As for big affiliates, they are nowhere to be seen, I wonder why? Do a bit of research and you'll find out about them, I can post up many many threads from other boards discussing it if you like.

SI is a reputable company, anyone who says different is completely un-knowledged in the Internet ad industry.

If you think that the editor of Revenews was just "making it up" even though several of the users of his site were at the affiliateforce even then the SI marketing machine is working better than I thought. Robert from SI had been very vocal in the thread there until that post was made - he never rebutted it and that speaks volumes for a company that has a very aggressive policy of deflection (look at how their ad dollars influence geek).

It would be foolhardy to recommend a company like that to anyone with good earnings levels.

Originally posted by safesys

It would be foolhardy to recommend a company like that to anyone with good earnings levels.

Actually one of the few places which recommends SI (adbility) said this in their review,

"Recent events have supported my theory. I've received a sudden influx of the typical Standard Internet complaint: "They owed me {Large Sum} and said I was violating {Subjectively Interpreted 'Rule'} and canceled me.

I think you can take this to the bank (keeping in mind that it's an opinion): If you've sent SI some big traffic, I think you are much more likely to be cancelled without pay. However, if you're in the zone of a few hundred bucks, you'll probably get paid.

Said another way, SI is recommended for small- to- medium-sized traffic. However, sending SI large amounts of traffic will -- in my opinion -- dramatcially increase the likelihood of getting canceled without pay.

My original post attempted to give SI the benefit of the doubt while still warning large-traffic webmasters that they were in jeopardy of getting jacked for traffic sent to SI. Personally, I am now strongly inclined to attribute their lack of payment of larger checks to darker motives. You could call it fraud, but you'd be wrong. Fraud is illegal, but nothing they have done is illegal. No matter how unethical (but cunning) I personally view their possible propensity to reliably pay only the small checks, cancelation without payment is completely allowed by the one-sided contract that webmasters sign. "

http://www.adbility.com/showfull.asp?ID=NVXQTXQVGDUBVDD

And thats coming from a site which recommends them!

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you think that the editor of Revenews was just "making it up" even though several of the users of his site were at the affiliateforce even then the SI marketing machine is working better than I thought. Robert from SI had been very vocal in the thread there until that post was made - he never rebutted it and that speaks volumes for a company that has a very aggressive policy of deflection (look at how their ad dollars influence geek).

First off, one of SI's members were banned from GV. So I would hardly say SI as a whole, and as individual staff members, are exempt from the rules. Steve does not tolerate any shit. Even if it puts his Advertising campaigns in jeopardy. However, I would say there is that slight favoritism. But if you intentionally break a rule, and show any kind of defiance publicly. You will be banned. Advertising dollars or not.

As for "Affiliate force." Ha.
You got to be kidding me. Its a boat vacation for all the wannabe players in the Ad industry. When has a CJ rep been there? Better yet, Burst or DoubleClick representative been there. Just a whole bunch of nobody's giving one another inspirational speeches.

And as for SI, whatever. I do not currently use them. Nor im I this avid supporter of them, or any other Network for that matter. If you dont want to take my advice, don't. But im not going to fend for a company I dont own or have any affiliation with.

Its nothing personal MCJ, just plenty of bigger players have been burned by them.

Personally, I have a direct contract with the people they use so it would be a backward step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom