Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.info and .biz transfers from Netsol

Status
Not open for further replies.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wonder if anyone here can help. I am trying to transfer a .info domain from Netsol but I can't seem to find the transfer code needed in my Domain Management Panel. Both .info and .biz need this transfer code to activate transfer.

Is it the same as the password for the account?

Thanks for any clues.

Domain summit 2024

This is not the same as the password for the account. The auth-code is a separate item. I don't know where it lives within the domain management panel at NetSol, but this is the type of question that their support people can easily answer.

-t

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks witt. I emailed them on this and they didn't know what I was talking about. :sigh:

Back to the hounding I guess.

I've had a number of clients contact them and get this code so I know it's possible to do so. Perhaps you should use the phone instead of email.

Make sure you are asking for the Authorization Code for the transfer of your INFO or BIZ domain, and stay on the phone until you get an answer.

-t

Mole, would you consider that as a drawback in registering a .info / .biz domains? :dead:

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by goh
Mole, would you consider that as a drawback in registering a .info / .biz domains? :dead:

No. It's actually a safer way of transfer, goh. The new .info and .biz namespaces come with stronger security features, such as the authorization code.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by thewitt
Make sure you are asking for the Authorization Code for the transfer of your INFO or BIZ domain, and stay on the phone until you get an answer.

Thanks witt. You are truely helpful.

I realise that ICANN has clearly stipulated that all registrars MUST give the authorization code when requested. Some give it transparently, some make it a pain :upset:

Originally posted by mole

No. It's actually a safer way of transfer, goh. The new .info and .biz namespaces come with stronger security features, such as the authorization code.

Sure, many things have two sides. Hope you are enjoying the stronger security features now! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators