Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.info's

Status
Not open for further replies.

changejobs

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i've noticed in the postings recently that .infos are dropping. Has anybody out there had sucess selling or using .info's. I would be interested in hearing opinions on .biz, .us also
regards
larry

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the .infos and .biz will have a market. They will never reach the level of .com. They will have less "creative" uses. The domains that make sense (home.info, taxes.info) should command a pretty good price and secondary domains (newcredit.info, bikerepair.info) should do pretty decent to start investing in cheap names now. Internet use will increase each year and all secondary tlds (ones not .com) will gain greater acceptance over the years.

windows22

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
.INFO is a sure winner as I'm about to quit my dayjob now.
I only have, and use .info domains.

Why "me to".com when you can be "ahead of the game".info?

mastmnds

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol windows I like .us but I prefer .com

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting research.. on .Info names

a) I'm researched 'who~is' to see if this was available:
HomelandSecurity.Info
* not available..
* registered mth after 9-11-2001
* Mid Eastern registrant name (but located in Arizona)

b) conducting a google search for that owners name returned some interesting info... not only about the owner's personal medical field/career.. but also, i was shocked that there's a link to all of the domains owned by that individual..

wow!

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ever been here you .info domain traders? Interesting site about .info

www.iDirect.com

(exerpt) Out of 660 names that I found registered in the country/city/state list i had collected over 274 have been registered by 7 people. Which is over 1/3rd of the names registered in geography have been trademarked by precisely 7 people. Over 330 names are registered between 17 people exact. Click on the above link to find out more.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by changejobs
i've noticed in the postings recently that .infos are dropping. Has anybody out there had sucess selling or using .info's. I would be interested in hearing opinions on .biz, .us also
regards
larry

Where do you get your information from, Verisign? :confused:

.info is very alive and healthy, and hit the 1m mark a month ago after just a year of existence.

The tired 'ol dotcom whore is on the downhill, and the 17 year itch is starting to get unbearably scratchy.

If you are interesting in hearing opinions, its all here archived on DNF, literally thousands of opinions on why dotcom, is a fairy tale with a sad ending.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TexasFilly
Interesting research.. on .Info names

a) I'm researched 'who~is' to see if this was available:
HomelandSecurity.Info
* not available..
* registered mth after 9-11-2001
* Mid Eastern registrant name (but located in Arizona)

b) conducting a google search for that owners name returned some interesting info... not only about the owner's personal medical field/career.. but also, i was shocked that there's a link to all of the domains owned by that individual..

wow!

He's a good guy and a member of this forum. One should be careful about inferring things from ethnicity or name, particularly in America where there are folks from all over the world. My last name is Irish, but I do not keep a pot 'o gold in my basement. :)

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TexasFilly
Ever been here you .info domain traders? Interesting site about .info

www.iDirect.com

(exerpt) Out of 660 names that I found registered in the country/city/state list i had collected over 274 have been registered by 7 people. Which is over 1/3rd of the names registered in geography have been trademarked by precisely 7 people. Over 330 names are registered between 17 people exact. Click on the above link to find out more.

Do you mean http://www.Directi.com ?

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

interbuy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have bought and sold many dot info, some as high as $5000.00 US. The sales come exclusively from Europe where dot info is extremely hot.

I receive offers all the time from Europe and am always pleasently surprised by their opening offers. Unlike the low offers I get on my dot coms, I always get much higher than expected offers on my dot info.

I sell very few and buy all the top keywords I can get find available at resale, for realistic prices.

Conversely I only own ten dot biz and have never received an offer on anyone. They are of comparable quality.

If dot info would just start spending the marketing money as they promised at the rollout, North American interest would skyrocket.

interbuy

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are having all that buyer interest from Europe, inter. Is there a site you have that we can see your .info names?
:)

interbuy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mole, since I really only buy domain names and sell infrequently I do not maintain a domains for sale website.

interbuy

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Silly me, what with your nick being buy and not sell :)

Great .info names can only increase in value. And many are going at very reasonable prices at this point of .info's growth. Good luck!

G

gobuy

I think that the .info is a very good domain, it first started in Oct 2001 and has 1, 006,000 registered domains, but look at what is happening with the numbers game .us has 463,000 and it opened only in April 24, 2002. Half the time, so they are selling at the same amount as .info and .us is a country domain!! What does this mean, well .us will be the biggest country domain in the world. The rest of the world uses there Dot country like .uk, .jp, .ca and so on. So when someone in another country is looking to find WallStreet they will go first to .com and then they go to .us because they are so use to there dot country that it's natural for them to use .us to look for WallSteet. Also look at what just happen with .kids.us read the story http://www.bizreport.com/article.php?art_id=3910 President Signs Dot-Kids.us Legislation. This means that every kid and parent will learn that .kids.us is a domain that is safe for children. But this also means that every parent will learn that there is more .us domain names and will get interested in seeing what web sites are out there with the .us. Now what if you owned a company that sells computers or computer software and are interested in getting some of that traffic. Parents and kids will just type computers.us in there browser, just to see what is out there in the .us. The same goes for Mp3.us or
WallStreet.us and so on. So keywords in the .us will go up in value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom