Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

intro Introduction - domain leasing

This thread is a member's introductory post on DNForum.com.

Yishi

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone -

My name is Yishi Zuo and I'm building a soon-to-be launched domain name leasing platform called 36names. The website is .com

I am new to dnforum and would love to meet some of you in person next month in Vegas at NamesCon. I was also a featured attendee for NamesCon a couple weeks ago and I've copied and pasted the Q&A below for those who are interested.

Happy to share more information and would also love to discuss potential collaboration!

Fast Facts

How long have you been in the domain industry? 1 Year
Favourite extension: .com
Domain name you wished you owned: precog.com
Now reading: “Superforecasting: The Art and Science of Prediction,” by Philip E. Tetlock and Dan Gardner (Highly recommend to everyone!)

Q&A

Describe your company and how long you have been there?36names is a domain name leasing marketplace / platform that will be launched in early 2016.

Can you tell us about how your service or product helps deliver value to your customers?36names will handle all of the legwork and create a seamless, user-friendly marketplace designed for domain name leasing. We will partner with existing domain name brokers and lawyers and serve as a valuable tool. Through domain name leasing, domain owners can generate meaningful incremental revenue and incentivize ultimate sales. Entrepreneurs can lease domains and build their websites with the contractual option to purchase at a pre-determined price.

What are you most looking forward to at the upcoming NamesCon?Meeting interesting people, making new friends, and learning as much as I can.

What fact about you would surprise people?I’ve backpacked to countries such as North Korea and Turkmenistan.

How does your career compare to what you envisioned in your youth?I had thought that I would pursue a traditionally stable career at an established company. I had not considered entrepreneurship as a viable career option until recent years.

If you had fifteen extra minutes each day, what would you do with them?Learn a new skill, perhaps a new language.

What’s the most recent thing you learned (big or small)?There is a tremendous amount of groundbreaking innovation happening in genomics, with a lot of thorny bioethical implications. For example, scientists have developed to ability to eliminate malaria—disease that kills hundreds of millions per year—by modifying certain genes in mosquitoes using a technique called CRISPR and releasing those mosquitoes into the wild. The pressing question isn’t whether we technologically could, but whether we should.

Who has been the biggest influence on your life? What lessons did that person teach you?Though I’ve never met him, Warren Buffett through his biographies, interviews, and annual letters has influenced me more than anyone else. His thought processes and investment approach are applicable beyond the business world and have inspired me to be a more rational, independent thinker.

Where is your favourite place to escape?Driving up to Lake Tahoe with a group of friends and renting a cabin for the weekend.

What was the best advice you were ever given?It’s okay to ask for help.

What is the one question we haven’t asked that you want to answer?‘You come from an stock-investing background, why not invest in domain names or new gTLDs as an asset class?’ To answer my own question: domain name investing is outside of my sphere of competence. Success requires skills and knowledge that I do not have, so I’ll leave that alone and look to partner rather than compete with the domain investors.

Domain summit 2024

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom