Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

IOL.com very fishy

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLK

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that there were quite a few people here watching IOL.com which expired and should have dropped.

Now I see that NSI has registered the name for the old owner creating a new registration date.

What's up with this????:confused:

Domain summit 2024

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
those guys at Ireland Online must have a lot of power, money, or a good friend at NSI to do that.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it should have dropped. As stated, they probably renewed it by doing something.

RacerX

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by HLK
I'm sure that there were quite a few people here watching IOL.com which expired and should have dropped.

Now I see that NSI has registered the name for the old owner creating a new registration date.

What's up with this????:confused:

Answer:

When a name is transferred into NSI, NSI assigns it a new date. (don't ask why, they just do). Just prior to that transfer taking place, the name will have looked 'like a drop'. (All of ultsearch's names did this same thing in January 02 when he transferred them into NSI). Nothing 'mysterious' here...

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, a lot of people were willing to spend big money on this one. Too bad for them...

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RacerX, no offense dude but you are wrong. This name was at Network Solutions for years. It expired about a month ago I believe, and was finally put into the 5 day drop cycle. Then a day later it was 'mysteriously' removed from the drop cycle and renewed for 10 years.

I was watching this name carefully. In fact I emailed the folks at Ireland Online about 4 or 5 times to either renew the darn name or sell it to me, but they ignored me every time.

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with draqon. The name was at NSI before the whois date change, so it is not a transfer. Very fishy!

RacerX

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by draqon
RacerX, no offense dude but you are wrong. This name was at Network Solutions for years. It expired about a month ago I believe, and was finally put into the 5 day drop cycle. Then a day later it was 'mysteriously' removed from the drop cycle and renewed for 10 years.

I was watching this name carefully. In fact I emailed the folks at Ireland Online about 4 or 5 times to either renew the darn name or sell it to me, but they ignored me every time.

None taken. Keep in mind that a domain that is purchased (changes registrants) but remains with NSI will also have a new creation date.

RacerX did not have this name on his radar screen, so I shall defer to those who know more of the details on this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators