Status
Not open for further replies.

HLK

Platinum Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aug 8, 2002
Atlanta, Ga.
I'm sure that there were quite a few people here watching IOL.com which expired and should have dropped.

Now I see that NSI has registered the name for the old owner creating a new registration date.

What's up with this????:confused:

RacerX

Gold Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apr 10, 2002
St. Augustine, Fl.
Visit site
Originally posted by HLK
I'm sure that there were quite a few people here watching IOL.com which expired and should have dropped.

Now I see that NSI has registered the name for the old owner creating a new registration date.

What's up with this????:confused:
Answer:

When a name is transferred into NSI, NSI assigns it a new date. (don't ask why, they just do). Just prior to that transfer taking place, the name will have looked 'like a drop'. (All of ultsearch's names did this same thing in January 02 when he transferred them into NSI). Nothing 'mysterious' here...

draqon

Platinum Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jul 28, 2002
Wisconsin
Visit site
RacerX, no offense dude but you are wrong. This name was at Network Solutions for years. It expired about a month ago I believe, and was finally put into the 5 day drop cycle. Then a day later it was 'mysteriously' removed from the drop cycle and renewed for 10 years.

I was watching this name carefully. In fact I emailed the folks at Ireland Online about 4 or 5 times to either renew the darn name or sell it to me, but they ignored me every time.

Platinum Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sep 18, 2002
/
I agree with draqon. The name was at NSI before the whois date change, so it is not a transfer. Very fishy!

RacerX

Gold Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apr 10, 2002
St. Augustine, Fl.
Visit site
Originally posted by draqon
RacerX, no offense dude but you are wrong. This name was at Network Solutions for years. It expired about a month ago I believe, and was finally put into the 5 day drop cycle. Then a day later it was 'mysteriously' removed from the drop cycle and renewed for 10 years.

I was watching this name carefully. In fact I emailed the folks at Ireland Online about 4 or 5 times to either renew the darn name or sell it to me, but they ignored me every time.

None taken. Keep in mind that a domain that is purchased (changes registrants) but remains with NSI will also have a new creation date.

RacerX did not have this name on his radar screen, so I shall defer to those who know more of the details on this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.