Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

iphones.mobi stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's the best and most famous cellphone of all time! Shouldn't that translate to huge traffic on the best and most famous cellphone domain name platform?

iPhone is a .mobi killer. Noone types esoteric TLD's on the virtual keyboard of a phone that sports a full-fledged web browser.

If Apple had promoted .mobi along with the launch of iPhone, things might have been different. But Steve Jobs knows best.

Domain Summit 2024

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can develop any domain...why the hell would you go through all the trouble to develop a .mobi in the first place, it kind of defeats the golden rule of starting with the best .com domain possible to begin with! :eek:k:

My little misled .mobi'ites...not sure how to break this to you but .mobi sucks and .com owns b*tches! :peace:

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
iPhone is a .mobi killer. Noone types esoteric TLD's on the virtual keyboard of a phone that sports a full-fledged web browser.

If Apple had promoted .mobi along with the launch of iPhone, things might have been different. But Steve Jobs knows best.

Plus, the virtual keyboard has a handy little ".com" button too...you just type in BigNastyHo*ters, and press the .com button. It automatically takes you to the .com website.

And to people saying that the iPhone is not gonna last, I think its time to dig your head out of your arse. Already there are several iPhone clones being offered. This current generation wants phones that can do what their laptops can.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BigNastyHo*ters

I love that site ;)

(avail for reg actually...and also in .mobi too believe it or not!) :pound:

That's gotta be good for at least 5k at sedo auction man! lol

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay, back to the original question (or statement):

get their money back unless they find a bigger sucker.

So, how do we help Fearless out?

The original regsitrant of iPhones.mobi is a sucker for regging it.

Fearless is already the bigger sucker for buying it off the original sucker who regged it making Fearless suckier.

Now all we need to do would be to find the bigger sucker than Fearless, who is already a bigger sucker, thereby making the 3rd generation owner the biggest sucker and the suckiest.

Not sure what comes after that in terms of grammar. Perhaps mega sucker, then primo sucker, then ultimate sucker?

Not to worry Fearless. Everyone who has come to you aid thus far can put their heads (or perhaps money) together and come up with a plan to bail you out of this scourge.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We just discovered a new species - suckas mobilosauras universalitas

flip flop much?

anyhow, what people fail to realize is that even with the iphone and their .03% of the marketplace, and with the mini opera and safari browsers, and with m., /wap & /mobiles ...

.mobi will still exist - it's not going away!

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dot mobi rulez ;-)

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can develop any domain...why the hell would you go through all the trouble to develop a .mobi in the first place, it kind of defeats the golden rule of starting with the best .com domain possible to begin with! :eek:k:

My little misled .mobi'ites...not sure how to break this to you but .mobi sucks and .com owns b*tches! :peace:
lol were you making posts like this with .eu, .info and .biz too?

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's the best and most famous cellphone of all time! Shouldn't that translate to huge traffic on the best and most famous cellphone domain name platform?

Yeah, to apple.mobi (does not resolve!)

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update:

iphones.gif

.mobi sucks worse than I thought.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no traffic on a TLD with no type-in traffic... imagine that.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can not envision this being lucrative as a parked domain.

Plus, if you are expecting people looking to buy an iPhone on a mobile site ask yourself this;

How many would be looking for an iPhone while on a phone?

I see this as having tremendous potential as a developed site for folks looking for iPhone widgets and apps.

Afterall, iPhone is a mobile phone and what says mobile more than .mobi?

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Afterall, iPhone is a mobile phone and what says mobile more than .mobi?

umm.."mobile" :yes:

mobi sounds like the name of a bald, middle aged musician and one half of mobi dick.

Plus, if you are expecting people looking to buy an iPhone on a mobile site ask yourself this;

Well, I've looked for computers on my pc, both for buying and just for the heck of it. Does owning a mobile mean that you'll never buy, browse, or just marvel at another phone again?

Yeah, to apple.mobi (does not resolve!)

just as insurance.mobi, microsoft.mobi, ibm.mobi, compaq.mobi, delta.mobi, cocacola.mobi, walmart.mobi, etc. etc. do not resolve :smilewinkgrin:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
umm.."mobile"

mobi sounds like the name of a bald, middle aged musician and one half of mobi dick.

And why wouldn't you look for iPhones on your mobile? I've looked for computers on my pc, both for buying and just for the heck of it. Does owning a mobile mean that you'll never buy, browse, or just marvel at another phone again?

just as insurance.mobi, microsoft.mobi, ibm.mobi, compaq.mobi, delta.mobi, cocacola.mobi, walmart.mobi, etc. etc. do not resolve :smilewinkgrin:

If that is what mobi sounds like to you then so be it.

If you want to look for a phone on your phone, then so be it.

I gave precise and sound rationale for possible applications of this domain name.

Again, you give opinions.

Have you even looked at ANY mobi site on a smartphone or do you continue to ponder what if, what if, what if and why, why, why?

Have you thought of looking for the answers before you ask questions?

Do you really want answers seeing that you are so against the extension to begin with?

It is obvious no answer, no right answer, no thoughtful or thought out answer is going to placate your attitude to all of this issue.

ummm...com

sounds like half of a commie.

Now does that sound stupid, cynical, corny and immature?

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

All the people with inferior Internet ready phones. That number is huge.

I see this as having tremendous potential as a developed site for folks looking for iPhone widgets and apps.

Develop so the 1-2 domainers/day and 1-2 bots/day can get iphone widgets and apps? I'm not wasting my money.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Develop so the 1-2 domainers/day and 1-2 bots/day can get iphone widgets and apps? I'm not wasting my money.
Then, I'll waste mine.

If it sucks that bad and you have no faith and confidence it the name or the extension, post right now how much you would sell it for. See if I am the bigger sucker.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If that is what mobi sounds like to you then so be it.

If you want to look for a phone on your phone, then so be it.

I gave precise and sound rationale for possible applications of this domain name.

Again, you give opinions.

Have you even looked at ANY mobi site on a smartphone or do you continue to ponder what if, what if, what if and why, why, why?

Have you thought of looking for the answers before you ask questions?

Do you really want answers seeing that you are so against the extension to begin with?

It is obvious no answer, no right answer, no thoughtful or thought out answer is going to placate your attitude to all of this issue.

ummm...com

sounds like half of a commie.

Now does that sound stupid, cynical, corny and immature?

Doc, you give some very frustrated half baked opinions because you have no concrete grounds to stand.

btw, dell.mobi, toyota.mobi, honda.mobi, mercedes.mobi, citi.mobi, citibank.mobi, americanexpress.mobi, ford.mobi, nike.mobi, canon.mobi, etc. don't resolve either. I haven't even been through 1/3rd of the top 100 brands list.

Heck, even Motorola.mobi doesn't resolve, while Pepsi.mobi is being held by a squatter.

Fact remains, Mobile Internet is a great thing. .mobi is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom