Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

iraq 100 dinar

Status
Not open for further replies.

HasRob

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have an original 100 dinar bill with saddam on it straight from iraq from a few years ago. A family friend was there in the beginning of the war and sent it to us. I'm trying to figure out if it is worth anything. All the stuff I'm finding online is the "new" iraq money. Nothing about values of old and original iraq money. Probably aint worth anything but would like to find out before I chuck it in the trash.

Heres a picture of what I have.

http://www.scripophily.com/webcart/vigs/100dinar.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Domain summit 2024

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The old Dinar notes are pretty worthless right now aside from their novelty.
I wouldn't trash it though unless your doing it for personal reasons...
Even if it were the new Dinar, 100 is not much till it RV's (if it even does RV).
Today's rate is 1 USD = 1204 IQD
http://cbiraq.org/cbs6.htm

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right now it has minimal value but hold onto it, money like that tends to go up in value after a while. I've been holding onto a few coins with swastikas (Nazi Germany) and with CCCP (USSR) on them.

Definitely hold onto it, even though you're only looking at about $0.08 US (according to MH's conversion) it is collectible.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nope, my rate is for new (NID) IQD not the old bills. The old bills are beyond their time to trade for new bills and are rendered pretty much worthless - they don't go by the new rate.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nope, my rate is for new (NID) IQD not the old bills. The old bills are beyond their time to trade for new bills and are rendered pretty much worthless - they don't go by the new rate.

Ah, misunderstood your post. Aside from that, then it's only good as a collectible, which might be pretty good a few years (most likely not) to a few decades (possibly) away.

Has2Rob, let me know if you plan on selling it, I might be interested. (I have a small collection of coins from places and such that no longer exist, like Germany (pre-WWII), East / West Germany, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, USSR, Ottoman Empire, Hong Kong (now part of China), even French coins with Napoleon on them.

HasRob

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks gang, I was hoping it was worth a couple grand which I could really use right now. If that were the case it was going on ebay. I see ebay has the new ones, but this is an old one in good shape. Guess I'll just put in some glass and hang it up somewhere.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators