Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Is backlink still important for SEO?

johnandme

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Even though Matt Cutts said backlink would become a little less important in SEO, but I myself don't believe that

The question is how Google ranks websites? it relies on content? I'm sure any Seach Engines likes a lovely content. But how can search engines distinguish a good content from another? I don't think search engines are so emotional enough to realize better, exellent or worse content

Search Engines are just a machine, they're not a human, so I think it doesn't have a feeling about content.

In fact, Google owns some instruments, that helps google understand how visitors think about sites. Google Analytics can determine users' behavior on sites. But I think google may not know satisfaction exactly. This is the difference between human reading and Google search engine reading.

What happens if so many sites contain equivalent quality content, equivalent bounce rate, time on site, pageviews...? So what is crucial factor to keyword ranking? that's backlink

Another question! why did Matt Cutts try to lower the role of backlink in SEO? Because he wanted to prevent spammers who are getting spammy and spammy everywhere to get backlinks

I don't think the role of baclink would be lowered, it's always valuable for SEO , no matter how google's algorism changes.

I hope you can share your viewpoints to me.

Domain summit 2024

allentrendin

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yup! Backlinks are most important, which increases the popularity and visibility of the website.

postcd

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think that it is still strong indicator of website value

smsabbir480

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well i think that creating backlink with keyword also helps search engine crawlers to find website for users who specificly search via those keywords.

kollam003

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Google will not exactly tell you how to rank. Backlinks is very important and that alone will not be useful. A complete mixture of backlinks, social signals, unique and updated content all plays its part.

showdown

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think that if all other criteria are equal, domain age is more important than links

krishnanayak

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes ! Backlink is very important for SEO but Nowadays Whenever make a backlink for a site then there is necessary and important is content should be unique....

dennis123

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
YES, Back-link are very important for SEO. Because Back-links are links that are directed towards your website.

interior

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Backlinks are most important, which increases the popularity and visibility of the website.it is most important for ranking up.

By Avani,
3d-architectural-rendering.com/3D-Walkthrough.html

alexisbush

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
yes, of course backlink is one the way to increase the ranking of your website on search engine.

nidhivyas

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Back links are most important.
which increases the popularity and visibility of the website.
It is most important for ranking up.
you can get more traffic with good back link.

Marius Swita

Multisystem-Electronics
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Do you know “What are backlinks?” and why important for website.

Here is your answer: Backlinks are links that are directed towards your website. Also knows as Inbound links (IBL's). The number of backlinks is an indication of the popularity or importance of that website. Backlinks are important for SEO because some search engines, especially Google, will give more credit to websites that have a good number of quality backlinks, and consider those websites more relevant than others in their results pages for a search query.

LanduPak

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Content with SEO its most common nowadays, so backlinks are one of the best factors which are really impact of any websites.

AndrewGlass

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Backlinks are still needed. Thanks to them, the pages are gaining in reputation. In general, using SEO we can get better positions in Google and in addition we will have more visitors.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators