• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Is Enom capturing customers of other registrars ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
8,426
Reaction score
1,292
OK I own a .com name that I let expire. The domain was registered at registerfly under Enom's umbrella (before they got their own credentials). So the registrar for this name is Enom.

Got this in the mail today:
Hello ####

This is a reminder to let you know that your domain name www.ma####.com has recently expired.

There is still time to renew! You can renew the domain name by calling 425-274-4500 ext 4262 or by logging into your account.

If you require instructions on how to renew your domain please let me know and I will gladly email them to you. Please ask about our multi year discount rates.


Kind regards,
Elida Flores
eNom Inc
[email protected]
425-274-4500 ext 4262
Of course we know that registerfly are renewing domains under their own credentials, which involves a transfer of registrar. Since the domain has already expired it is likely the transfer would screw up.
Is this an established tactic by Enom to get your business ?
 
enom has always grabbed regfly's exp names.

perhaps, and this is just a guess, but maybe enom had an agreement to keep all those registrations, prior to regfly going solo.
 
Ah OK. I think I have already received this at least once in the past but I let other names at regfly expire too (knowingly). I don't receive this for all expired names though.
 
I get the same emails from Enom, even though my domains are at namebargain.com...funny too is that I changed my password at Enom, and received the confirmation mail...but it was from Namebargain, although my Namebargain password remained the same.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom