Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Is Moniker still a good choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Moniker is still the best there is but not sure about there Support might take a while to squeeze a reply out of them

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep.
I'm a Moniker man............ maaaan! :amen::smilewinkgrin:

domaingeneration

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd also highly recommend Moniker, security is #1. So far they deliver great service and help solve my urgent problems quickly when there's an emergency. Considering what they offer, the price is competitive (the best won't and can't be the cheapest).

DG

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am with Moniker too. I have not tried their new ticketing support system, as I should just to see the response time, but before it took 4-5 days to get a response to emails IF I got them at all. Overall, Moniker is the best choice as of right now.

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like moniker.com, but the easiest and the smoothest domain registrar I have ever used is Dynadot.com, I prefer dynadot.com over moniker.com, it's just that good.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dynadot - Are they too easy where your domains can get stolen? That was my impression when I decided not to house my portfolio with them.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now that I'm registering decent numbers of domains again, I'm using Moniker for everything. Inexpensive, easy to use and very secure, an unbeatable combination...

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am with Moniker too. I have not tried their new ticketing support system, as I should just to see the response time, but before it took 4-5 days to get a response to emails IF I got them at all. Overall, Moniker is the best choice as of right now.

They got support tickets now? About time!

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with Moniker being in the top 2.
I just wish their user interface was better, and their support... oh well, when (and if) they answer, they are ok, otherwise, the support just isnt what it use to be.
I am surprised at the lack of votes for eNom. I have a very large amount of domains there (I am an ETP), and I am very happy with them.
Moniker and eNom are the 2 best IMO.

reclad

Still Breathing
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fabulous.. hmmm. First, they are located in Australia. I could see problems with that. I had some problems with them years ago, and I don't use them anymore. I don't recommend them.

Moniker is the clear cloice!!
If the Snowe bill goes through unchanged, no US-based registrar will be safe.
Moniker will have no option but to hand over your domain(s) if there's a 'Snowe' order presented to them.

An Australian-based registrar will look awfully attractive in that scenario.

Deleted member 5660

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tucows has the best system I have seen. It is slighly more expensive but it is more flexible. It is HTML so there are no java problems/errors like Fabulous or Moniker. There are no pushes, pulls. You can configure it to notify of any changes in or out and all changes need permisssions (in Moniker domains can be pushed into your account and you won't know until you log in and domains can be pushed into the wrong account because there is no authorization).

You can also configure Tucows so that even if someone breaks into your domain management they still cannot unlock the domains. If you have problems getting an auth code to transfer in the compliance department will normally complain to the registry until you get the code.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
An Australian-based registrar will look awfully attractive in that scenario.

Why would that be of value (except in the event of a U.S. lawsuit)?

Tucows has the best system I have seen. It is slighly more expensive but it is more flexible.

Yes, Tucows is good but they are significantly more than 'slightly more expensive."

In my case they were 25% more even with my reseller status, and about 95% greater on a regular customer level. That is a LOT of extra money if you have many names and why I trasferred my names away from Tucows.

Last edited:

Scotia King

domain lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All Moniker cares about is auctioning off domain names and taking a cut. Their customer service is crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom