• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Is Namewinner real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2003
Messages
3,743
Reaction score
0
I use Namealerts and Snapnames when I want to try for a dropped name but a couple of times I've thought that a name doesn't warrant $49 or $69 or the Snap has been taken and I've gone to Namewinner to try a bid.

The bids I see there appear to me at any rate to be a joke - no way would they be realised in the realms of this community. Who pays $1500 for rxuxbxbxixsxh.org ?

Do they really sell these names or is it some sort of virtual reality gameshow?
 
I've used their service on over 30 occasions - they're definitely for real.
 
Namewinner has grabbed about 20 or so for me, most of which were snapped as well.
 
It's getting to become a lot more competitive now for names especially since we have some kind of sanity and people know the drops in advance (pending deletes). All it takes is two people going crazy on bidding to drive up prices. Premature bidding also helps this because people will always bid one more dollar to be ahead. Overall the auction format is a success for namewinner and for those who want a name. So far I have not paid any insane amount for crap names. :D
 
The bids on NW are generaly 5-10 x what you would sell/pay for a name here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom