Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

is SEDO.com TRUSTABLE.. sedo and trust..together..No, NEVER ! you decide..

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeo33

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is sedo.com a TRUSTABLE domain auction site..
Sedo and TRUST..
Together..
No, Never..
l don’t think so..
And why..
Let me tell.

I m a domainer ,buying and selling domains in some languages..english,german,chinese,french,turkish,..

Date:1/14/08..
I got a message from sedo.com , it was saying that they were pleased to inform me that a potential buyer has made an offer for my domain.
So I accepted the offer and put the domain into auction.
The auction ended on 1/21/08.
And got the second message from sedo saying that,
“We are pleased to inform you that the auction of webkameralar.com (in English=webcameras)has ended with a closing sale price of 400 EUR.
You and the buyer have now agreed to a legally binding contract for the sale ofwebkameralar.com.
Sedo's transfer team will now assist you with this transfer, including helping you with your registrar to ensure the transfer is successfully completed.”

Then we all began the buyer to pay for the domain. In sedo’s bidding contrast the payment should be paid in 10 days or otherwise..
No otherwises ,and no sedo trust..
They only sit and drink their coffee..you may think that they work for us..
They are nothing..

I sent so many emails to sedo and got answers..
and they only say ,wait wait wait..we waited 2 months
and they did nothing..
because I forced sedo and askıng what they are,
they did something..
they got the full payment and told me to wait again..
waited some times..they later told me ,after they got the full payment ,they were not be able to reach the buyer so they cannot complete the transfer..
I told sedo that they should keep the domain in their sedo accounts and when they reach the buyer they transfer or push the domain in his account.i sent the AUTO CODE to sedo to keep the domain.later they told me I should push the domains in the same registrar another account..i did what they told me and gave the new account(with domain) and the password..

Date 3/20/08 .. they told me they would have to cancel the transaction because they were not be able to reach the buyer..

*Dear Mr. xxx, date : 3/20/08
We regret to inform you that we shall have to cancel this transaction.
Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards,
Shaun Wilkinson
(on behalf of Steve Opadeji)
Domain-Transfers
--
Sedo GmbH :: Im Mediapark 6 ::50670 Cologne (Germany)
Sedo GmbH • Im Mediapark 6b • 50670 Cologne District Council Cologne HRB 35019 Board of Management: Tim Schumacher • Ulrich Priesner • Marius Würznertel +49 221.34030.179 :: fax +49 221.34030.109
http://www.sedo.com :: mailto: steve.opadeji@sedo.com

Question 1 : what is sedo now..
Question 2 : why doesn’t sedo keep the sellers rights..
Question 3 : Is sedo the play ground for some people..
Question 4 : why cant sedo do anything to the people who don’t obey the rules..
Question 5 : why does sedo allow some people to cheat us..
Question 6 : who does sedo think they are..
Question 7 : If sedo cant have rules for this kind of disgusting matter,why do we have to TRUST sedo..
Question 8 : who will save the rights of sellers in this position..
Question 9 : Isnt it the rule that who gives a bid to any domains has to buy and pay the full fund.If not I have and keep my right to give bids all the running auctions but in the end I will not pay for that..who can force me..If sedo doesn’t force anyone or has any rights to force anyone,how can they be believable..

you decide please..who is right !
if sedo is right,i will apologize to them.
if i m right,what will be the result..

So I have learned that sedo is only an amateur..
They have no B plan for the problems..
Not a professional one..
Not a serious company..
They are one thing in auction..
Zero level..

Maybe 400 EUR is nothing for sedo but for me..why do i have to be cheated by them..
i will stand for my rights as a seller to the end ..

Kindest regards
Romeo..

If you need proofs I may PM all the messages between sedo and me.or send to the thread..

Transaction History:

01/21/08 Agreement reached
01/21/08 We have invoiced the buyer for the sale of your domain. As soon as the payment reaches our escrow account we will inform you and begin the technical transfer.
02/27/08 We have received full payment for this domain. Please await further instructions from your transfer agent. It is often the case that we have to wait for certain details from the buyer so please be patient during this period.
02/27/08 This domain requires an authorization code (AUTH-Code) in order to be transferred. Please ask your registrar for this code and send it to us as soon as possible.
02/27/08 In order to confirm that you have control of the domain, we need you to send a short email from the admin-c email address. Please do this now, so that we can continue with this transaction.
02/28/08 The buyer has started transfer request. Please confirm the next transfer request from , or contact us to verify the request to be confirmed.
03/13/08 Please let us know whether you have received the transfer request from the buyer.

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo does nothing but collect money.

1. They are not licensed brokers
2. They do not care about the buyer or seller
3. They will collect money and do nothing else
4. The contract is meant to intimidate but never enforced
5. They lack any real business acumen
6. They made a website and money came rolling in, since then they never looked back. Although I can't blame them, 90% of the people that read this thread will continue to use them regardless of their history, reputation, and tactics.
7. Use them at your own risk, you have no guarantees.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ho hum.

I have no real problems with Sedo's brokering service. It's all a matter of establishing a good relationship and maintaining it along the way. Sometimes, that means getting hold of the phone to ensure things roll on. Or writing an email to the right person.

Paul, I know you're biased due to that boot.net incident so I think your points are made in an unfair manner.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ho hum.

I have no real problems with Sedo's brokering service. It's all a matter of establishing a good relationship and maintaining it along the way. Sometimes, that means getting hold of the phone to ensure things roll on. Or writing an email to the right person.

Paul, I know you're biased due to that boot.net incident so I think your points are made in an unfair manner.

Really? Care to dispute or prove wrong on any of my points that I made? Would you like to read the countless threads and articles on Sedo? Here are my points, listed above, are they wrong? They may be opinions but I stand behind them 100%. Do you think that boot.net was my only deal with Sedo to formulate my opinion of their service?

The OP can formulate their own opinion(s). Search the forums, you don't have to believe me, I'm just one person but one person can sure add up when you have all they money they collect. Surely there are other people here to contribute and I am sorry if not everyone is as vocal as I am at the displeasure of their service. It needs to improve and no one will argue that.

I have written countless emails to Sedo with no response in the last 4 years? It's not a good thing, is that fair to the consumer?

Let's state some other facts.

- Sedo has listed domains for sale that were not listed by their owners, so how did they get on there?
- Sedo does not broker anything, they assist neither the buyer or seller, they are simply the "eBay' of the domain world, nothing more.
- Sedo has tried to sell domains with artificially inflated traffic.....
- Sedo has messed up countless auctions but some people are too afraid or scared that they may never sell there again to speak about it.

The list goes on and on and on.....

hmmmm, I guess it's all me Theo.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Quick one: have you been banned from further listing domains at Sedo? Because your answer will determine the rest of my responses.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro the thing is that we shouldnt have to find ways to built a trusted relationship with some of the stuff at sedo or even more praying to god to help us find someone reliable that happens to work for sedo.
Sedo should be trusted as a company(for both sides) and that never happened and i dont think it will.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo isn't bad...but I do tend to shy away from transactions on sedo. The key is to know you're rep and to actually pick up the phone. I realize domainers have a really hard time talking on the phone, but if you want things done promptly it is a must. I've actually had transactions done in 1 day at sedo when I called them.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Justin, do u believe that their providnig service is justified for the money they get from us?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
10% is nothing for a transaction that ensures delivery of the goods and payment. Moniker charges 15% at TRAFFIC.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes but the keyword is "ON-TIME"
this is what sedo doesnt serve

15% is cool if they do this ontime, they keep me updated all the time and they support me without having to call them every single time i need something

domaingirl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
- Sedo has messed up countless auctions but some people are too afraid or scared that they may never sell there again to speak about it.

This worries me a little because although I've had at least 50 transactions with SEDO over the last 4 years, I've only done 2 auctions (not very good turnouts but that was a while ago).

But currently, I've got 3 auctions over at SEDO, so how is it that they could mess it up?

Most transactions have been without problems, but every now and then, there's winning bidder that disappears. When that happens, I agree that SEDO gives the too much time to pay - way more than the 10 days, and all they do is try to email the person, who of course, isn't going to answer.

Then I've had a couple instances like the one explained above where the domain is paid for by the buyer, but then they disappear so you can't complete the transfer. What I have learned and the best advice that I can give is to tell them you want to push the domain to SEDO's Escrow account with the Registrar that your domain is currently with. If you insist on doing it this way, they usually say okay.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For the most part they provide a decent service. Had a few times when they were slow to respond, but recently sales have gone through quickly. Just looked, sold 23 names successfully with them over last 2 yrs, and had about 10 that didn't come through for failure to pay, etc.

I have never been happy with the fact that they offer both appraisal services as well as domain aquisition/negotiating services. Playing both sides of the game in that part, imho.

doobee

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same thing is happening to me right now (nonpaying bidder) at Sedo. We'll see what kind of a response I'll get....

domaingirl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have never been happy with the fact that they offer both appraisal services as well as domain aquisition/negotiating services. Playing both sides of the game in that part, imho.

I agree. Sometimes I feel like they just want to make a sale instead of caring about my best interest. Even though they are my broker, I don't feel like they are working for me at all times.

romeo33

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what will be all of our best or the worst answer to them..

evertime life shouldnt teach us lesson,we should do the same to SEDO although they think they are bigger..

thinking that they are bigger if we do not do anything to them,they will think we are nothing..

all i want to do is to teach lesson to them although they think we are weak,powerless..

if we are not with sedo ,being domainers, SEDO cant live without us..
they should know ,we are serious and we love domains.

if they earn money with our domains

they have to respect to their BOSSES..
they are us..
we are the bosses..
nobody forgets this...

kindest regards
romeo :)

Last edited:

domaingirl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same thing is happening to me right now (nonpaying bidder) at Sedo. We'll see what kind of a response I'll get....

Just curious, did anything happen with this today? Keep us updated, please.

kylewill

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How do I deal with Sedo's transaction service and inability to enforce the sale to a buyer?

Whenever I accept an offer for a domain, i don't get my hopes up. I do what I can to not get excited, and assume from the beginning that the domain won't sell.

Then all is good...

I do not blame them though, they can't enforce a sale to the level that would be needed.

omosquera

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
same is hapenning to me, the last email they sent to me said they will "try to reach the buyer"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom