Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Is sibername known to be grossly incompetent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Deciding I'd stop being a spectator with TBR, I decided to place some bids.

Pool.com and MyID.ca were easy enough to work with. However, not even one bid in, Sibername has the following strikes against them:

1. They failed to mention a $2.70 credit card "Processing Fee", which they conveniently added to my invoice and refused to acknowledge in an email requesting clarification on a few things.

2. My deposit record shows as $40, despite my paying $70 (PLUS their little fee - the problem there is immaterial to the crediting of a deposit), which is indicative of a substantial flaw in their system.

3. Their $35 minimum bid does not show up on one of the domains I was intending on bidding on - but rather, the next level up at $50. I don't mind bidding $50 for the name, but that means I have to re-deposit, and likely be hit with that fee again (and be given no help whatsoever by the apparent dimwits running the place).

4. In their reply to my ticket, they addressed me by a name similar to, but not confusable with my first name, despite my name being on the account, not to mention that I distinctively signed my email with my first name.

To top this all off, their email response seems to be coming pretty slowly, which might be saying it won't come at all.

I'm going to pop a gasket if sibername catches one (or both!) of those names and I'm not in on the auction because of their negligence.

They did say that my deposit is "fully refundable", but if they screw up and don't refund me, I am entirely intent on filing a chargeback against them.

This is inexcusable. Is it just me?

mbulent

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi;

This is Bulent from Sibername.

It was me handling your account verification.

I am sorry for calling your name wrongly. Obviously i have rushed handling your application to make sure your payment gives you an immediate access to the TBR bidding system.

I have overlooked your deposit amount. We normally ask for $40.00 deposit. I have corrected it.

Please note we do ask for deposit if this is you are using our TBR system for the first time, or under a new account, unless you mention it to us. We can skip that requirement if you let us know that you are our existing customer and bidding under a new account.

No other deposit is required to participate for the future TBRs. Also, we do NOT ask for a deposit each time you bid higher; One deposit covers all your higher bids;

We do charge for the credit card processing fee for the account deposits because when we refund, that part of the payment is not refunded to us. If we refund your payment, it will be $70.00 instead of $72.70. I agree it is not clearly indicated and I will have someone correct that problem;

If the domain is showing you a bid amount of $50.00, it means someone has already bid the smaller amounts. So, this is the next higher bid;

We have handled your payment after working hours and we have tried to reply promptly, which has caused the above mentioned problems; Sorry about that and thanks for bringing them up here;

Best regards,
Bulent

-

M. Bulent Turkoglu
Director of Operations
Sibername Internet and Software Technologies Inc.
Business: Address: 900-275 Slater Street.
K1P 5H9 Ottawa. On.
Canada.

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi;

This is Bulent from Sibername.

It was me handling your account verification.

I am sorry for calling your name wrongly. Obviously i have rushed handling your application to make sure your payment gives you an immediate access to the TBR bidding system.

I have overlooked your deposit amount. We normally ask for $40.00 deposit. I have corrected it.

Please note we do ask for deposit if this is you are using our TBR system for the first time, or under a new account, unless you mention it to us. We can skip that requirement if you let us know that you are our existing customer and bidding under a new account.

No other deposit is required to participate for the future TBRs. Also, we do NOT ask for a deposit each time you bid higher; One deposit covers all your higher bids;

We do charge for the credit card processing fee for the account deposits because when we refund, that part of the payment is not refunded to us. If we refund your payment, it will be $70.00 instead of $72.70. I agree it is not clearly indicated and I will have someone correct that problem;

If the domain is showing you a bid amount of $50.00, it means someone has already bid the smaller amounts. So, this is the next higher bid;

We have handled your payment after working hours and we have tried to reply promptly, which has caused the above mentioned problems; Sorry about that and thanks for bringing them up here;

Best regards,
Bulent

-

M. Bulent Turkoglu
Director of Operations
Sibername Internet and Software Technologies Inc.
Business: Address: 900-275 Slater Street.
K1P 5H9 Ottawa. On.
Canada.

Hi, Bulent

I would like to offer my most substantial appreciation for not only a thorough reply, but the fact that you posted it publicly.

Folks, if you want to know what accountability is, you just witnessed it.

The total amount inclusive of the processing fee was credited to my account, and I will know in the future that this is something I should factor when making my deposits (especially because this fee will now be mentioned prior to checkout, to my benefit as well as everyone else's).

As I do not wish to make a further deposit, am I able to place a $35 and $50 bid on each name on my $70 deposit, since I have already provided a deposit, and you have my credit card details and other such methods to ensure that I pay for the names if I win them?

If you could allow for that, you would really make my day. I'll email you as well requesting that this be done, just so that all the bases are covered in conveying the request.

I do apologize for any negative tone that I may have set in my initial posting, and once again provide my utmost thanks and appreciation for your accountability and resolution of the issues.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good to see this resolved for you gr. I have used Siber many times when I am in the TBR and I can't say I have never had any issues with them... but I can say any issues have always been resolved quickly.

I also would like to see the processing fee posted for clarity sake.

j

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Folks, if you want to know what accountability is, you just witnessed it.

ROFLMAO Bulent doesn't have a clue what accountability means......

Where was his accountability when his auction system f****ed up and stayed open past the closing period? He sold the domains to a higher bidder AFTER assuring me (I have the email) he would honour the original auction times and bids.

Where was his accountability when another member here demonstrated how easy it was to hack their control panel and changed the whois on all my domains to prove a point. (Thank god it was a friend) Bulent called it a minor problem and ignored it for months until CIRA finally had to get involved to force him to make a change.

Where was his accountability when his control panel F***ed up again and failed to show all the domains in our account and we lost around 8 good domains that weren't showing at all. Thank god I only lost 8 because there were around 75 in all not showing. CIRA deserted us on that one and told us we'd have to sue him to get our money as the domains had been dropped and re-registered in the drops. Bulent wouldn't even make an effort to give them priority in his TBR.

Sorry but this guy has no clue about accountability!

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Oh yeah did I mention the support emails frequently taking 4 days

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ROFLMAO Bulent doesn't have a clue what accountability means......

Where was his accountability when his auction system f****ed up and stayed open past the closing period? He sold the domains to a higher bidder AFTER assuring me (I have the email) he would honour the original auction times and bids.

Where was his accountability when another member here demonstrated how easy it was to hack their control panel and changed the whois on all my domains to prove a point. (Thank god it was a friend) Bulent called it a minor problem and ignored it for months until CIRA finally had to get involved to force him to make a change.

Where was his accountability when his control panel F***ed up again and failed to show all the domains in our account and we lost around 8 good domains that weren't showing at all. Thank god I only lost 8 because there were around 75 in all not showing. CIRA deserted us on that one and told us we'd have to sue him to get our money as the domains had been dropped and re-registered in the drops. Bulent wouldn't even make an effort to give them priority in his TBR.

Sorry but this guy has no clue about accountability!

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Oh yeah did I mention the support emails frequently taking 4 days

Well, that may be your experience, and I certainly wouldn't label such behaviour as accountable.

However, my experience was nothing short of excellent. They didn't catch the names I was after, but they solved my problems immediately with prompt and thorough replies, and the fact that they posted a reply to this publicly is doing an excellent service to the domaining community.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, that may be your experience, and I certainly wouldn't label such behaviour as accountable.

However, my experience was nothing short of excellent. They didn't catch the names I was after, but they solved my problems immediately with prompt and thorough replies, and the fact that they posted a reply to this publicly is doing an excellent service to the domaining community.

Maybe that's part of the problem. Instead of people standing up and saying "how come you haven't taken care of this customer" we simply say "well they haven't F'ed me yet" "I'll give them a thumbs up :thumb: "

How many businesses do you think would walk away from the biz here. Operating with a united front would ensure all of us never got a raw deal. But that's probably naive of me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators