Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Issue with dotster.com , mydomains.com , domain.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You may want to call this thing "The Three Faces of Dotster", for a long time I knew Dotster and MyDomain were the same co (MyDomain regs being a lot cheaper) but only recently did I learn Domain.com is actually them too, who needs 3 registrar names under one roof ? And there could be more we just don't know about...

I once heard a big domainer dated all the Dotster Dots ..... anyone got any idea who he was ?..... :whistle:

fyi, here they are...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7PrjJ5N578

:cheer2:

Last edited:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For the previous week I bought 5 domains at the snapnames.com that managed by domain.com/dotster.com/mydomain.com and for each domain they created me a separate account.

xxxxxxx-342325238
xxxxxxx-348923085
xxxxxx7-393252643
xxxxxx2-352364343
xxxxxx1-454303632

I don't understand , if the domain.com and dotster.com and mydomain.com is one company why don't you gather all domains into one control panel instead of creating new account for each domain name ????????????????
they are a mess of a company. i think they do this in hopes you'll be confused and lose domains and have to backorder them all over again. you could complain to snapnames, it could be their problem. this has happened to me too.

Martij

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please email me at the below address and I will follow-up with Dotster.

Best Regards,

Marti
[email protected]

For the previous week I bought 5 domains at the snapnames.com that managed by domain.com/dotster.com/mydomain.com and for each domain they created me a separate account.

xxxxxxx-342325238
xxxxxxx-348923085
xxxxxx7-393252643
xxxxxx2-352364343
xxxxxx1-454303632

I don't understand , if the domain.com and dotster.com and mydomain.com is one company why don't you gather all domains into one control panel instead of creating new account for each domain name ????????????????

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They definitely messed with domains acquired through Snapnames.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's the problem with drop catchers, namely SnapNames, NameJet and Pool, when you win a name they make your life hell for a long time following that. The names are forced to stay with some fly-by-night reseller no one has heard of, auction locks (Pool, what a nightmare), other stupid restrictions, when the names you caught are finally moved to your account hell breaks loose, a few of those pseudo-resellers/registrars have in fact denied me the transfer-out of my own domains even after having met all their silly requisites

I've had enough of that, and it's simply deplorable that any advanced domainer has no choice but to go thru those drop catchers and all their dumb policies that drive anyone up the wall

:nono:

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

xxxxxxx-342325238
xxxxxxx-348923085
xxxxxx7-393252643
xxxxxx2-352364343
xxxxxx1-454303632

I have to agree, they are total idiots. nothing to do there.

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please email me directly and we will get with Dotster to resolve this issue.

Best Regards,

Marti

[email protected]

Why don't you fix it globally !? For all of your customers !? Not to have this issue anymore at all !?

Martij

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We've been working closely with all our partners to get the domains to our customers as quickly as possible. The majority of the issues have been resolved, so when an issue comes up we take the details and research where the process broke down. It would be helpful to know these specific domains so that we can troubleshoot the problem. Please email me directly

Marti
[email protected]

Why don't you fix it globally !? For all of your customers !? Not to have this issue anymore at all !?

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We've been working closely with all our partners to get the domains to our customers as quickly as possible. The majority of the issues have been resolved, so when an issue comes up we take the details and research where the process broke down. It would be helpful to know these specific domains so that we can troubleshoot the problem. Please email me directly

Marti
[email protected]

Outrageous lie !
This issue is one year old !
Since you bought snapnames and dotster migrated to new platform. You did nothing at all ! You didn't renew your system for dotster/mydomain/domain platform ! A lot of your customer experiencing same problem.
Your phone support is one indian guy , who speaks english not better than me !
Very often while calling to your support I hear a lot of voices , laughing and screams ! and your support talks like a drunk monkey ! Yeah yeah ok ok, yeah yeah ok ok. And result is zero. Celebrating finished auctions which prices you successfully marked up ? :)

If you working closely and hardly , then why you didn't fix it during a YEAR ?!?

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a mess.

Marti you have mail.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Finally regained control of the two domain names.
Thanks Marti.

We received password reset links for two separate accounts. The first domain was present in the account, I was able to retrieve the EPP code.
For the second domain it was more difficult. The contact details were incorrect, somebody else was listed: possibly the previous owner before the domain was auctioned on Snapnames.
The E-mail was address was a certain domainking (not Rick). For some reason (bug ?), updating the contact details didn't work, I had to that in several steps.
Next problem: whois privacy was on even though the account area indicated otherwise. So I enabled then disabled the whois privacy. At this point, the whois began to show some truth, at least the admin E-mail address is okay now and the transfer has been initiated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom