Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Issue with dotster.com , mydomains.com , domain.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I have an issue with snapnames.com and dotster.com , mydomains.com , domain.com .

Every time I win a domain at snapnames.com that registered with dotster.com or mydomains.com or domain.com they send me an email with login information.
This login information is incorrect every time. And every time I have to call to domain.com or dotster.com or mydomains.com to find out what is the real username and password and who is the registrar.

I know only one thing, it began since all of my domains were moved from mydomains.com control panel to dotster.com control pane and they created a new platform domain.com .
Since than they were creating a new account for each domain I won and now I have about 20 different accounts with domain.com , mydomains.com , dotster.com .

But before that all domains that were registered with dotster.com were managed by mydomains.com and all of them were placed in one account at mydomains.com.

I do understand that dotster.com , domain.com , mydomain.com is one company.
But I don't understand why they create a new account for each domain that I won at snapnames.com.
And I don't understand why every time I won a domain at snapnames.com that registered/managed with/by dotster.com , mydomain.com , domain.com , snapnames.com sends Congratulations email about acquired domain with wrong URL and WRONG Account ID/password. I tried to login to dotster.com , domain.com , mydomains.com . I even tried to reset password , sometimes it works but often it says that there is no such domain in our database. ...

For example:

Congratulations! You have successfully acquired the domain name somedomain.com.

We have debited your account x.

The domain is now registered to you. The registrar now managing your registration is Dotster(E).

Your domain name was registered through Dotster managed by Domain.com. To make changes to your account use the following Account ID: "sn-xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxx" and this Password: "your existing password for this account" at secure0.domain.com/account/?siteid=xxxx It may take up to 24 hours to reflect account changes or account creations.

But when I call to domain.com they tell me I need to go to dotster.com/controlpanel and use a username they just sent me in email to reset my password .
The same pic with mydomains.com . Domains managed by domain.com at real could be managed by mydomains.com and vice versa.

So I need help.
Does anybody have the same issue ?
Any suggestions ?

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can you login to either site using sn-xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxx ?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
weird situation

perhaps call snap and see if they can consolidate your accounts or have one user id for each registrar.

VanGhost

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We are here to help you, please contact support so that we can assist:

E-mail Support for SnapNames: [email protected]
Toll free in the U.S. and Canada: 866-690-6279
Outside the U.S. and Canada: 503-241-8547

Thank you.
Michele Van Tilborg
Moniker & SnapNames

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are here to help you, please contact support so that we can assist:

E-mail Support for SnapNames: [email protected]
Toll free in the U.S. and Canada: 866-690-6279
Outside the U.S. and Canada: 503-241-8547

Thank you.
Michele Van Tilborg
Moniker & SnapNames

Case #01930385

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still nothing :)

matj

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue? Four different accounts, three of which are not accessible with the supplied account id's and passwords? Have requested numerous times for it to be rectified and all domains consolidated into one main account. Still waiting though..

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another one problem but still the same issue. Case #01930385 !!!
On the 5th of November I won a domain and snapnames sent me URL and Account ID. Account ID is incorrect and no chance to reset password because account id and domain name are not exist in their database .
10 days have passed and I got nothing.

Looks like snapnames have glitches every time during sending orders instructions to dotster , mydomain and domain.com about moving domains between accounts.
Or maybe it is because of dotster.com , mydomain.com and domain.com new platform .

All I know is:

1. There is misunderstanding between snapnames.com and dotster.com (domain.com and mydomain.com) registrar department.
2. Before snapnames became KeyDrive everything was fine.
3. Before all my domains managed by mydomain.com were moved to dotster.com everything was fine.

So snapnames support or technical team need to find the reason of this issue. I believe this is global issue .

As for Case #01930385 , you billed my card and I want my domain or give my money back for this domain name ! I think enough time have passed TO FIX IT !!!

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Support with lightning speed блять !!!???

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And I thought "Domain Monkeys" registrar was bad. Dotster/MyDomain/Etc. are the worst registrar in the industry now.

Case 1: Won a domain at SnapNames, pre-release one. Within a few days, started a transfer-away to my preferred registrar (to which 60 days rule does not apply as the domain has an old reg. date). Transfer DENIED by Dotster with no explanation. Restarted the transfer. Again, transfer DENIED by Dotster with no explanation. Contacted them. No response. Next day, they deleted the domain (moved to redemptionperiod). Thanks to Snapnames, domain was restored and successfully transferred away.

Case 2: Initiated transfer-away request for 2 domains in the same day. One transfer was auto-completed in 6 days. Another was denied by Dotster. Submitted a ticket asking what happened and asking to provide an exact reason according to Inter-Registrar transfer policy why the transfer was denied. Received a very long response telling me how to transfer domains between registrars but not telling me why did they deny my transfer. They also stated that my domain was on "auto-renew" with them and since they disabled auto-renew the transfer will no go through. Indeed, finally transferred away...

Case 3 [Pending]. Won a domain regged with them. Initiated transfer-away. Again, they denied it. Re-started transfer. Not only they denied it again, but removed the domain from my account and whois is now showing somebody else, looks to be previous owner of this "pre-release" domain which they auctioned at snapnames and were paid for.

Case 4. [Pending]. Won a domain catched by one of domain.com/dotster group last Sunday. Still did not receive the domain.

I would recommend everybody to transfer their domains from Dotster/MyDomain/Domain.COM ASAP. If they "migrated" your domain to a new platform, which can be detected by checking whois (whois2.domain.com would be shown as an authoritative whois server) - then the whois would not be working as whois2.domain.com never responds both on 43 port and web-based whois... Even though ICANN requires operating whois. If it is the case, you _may_ be able to transfer the domain to ENOM or any ENOM reseller ONLY, because domain.com's new system is somehow associated with enom platform, and whois.enom.com port 43 whois together with web-based whois at www.enom.com WILL show your whois details obtained locally.

Last edited:

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Support with lightning speed блять !!!???
ну да - это пиздец а не регистрар

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
UP !

To snapnames - guys, what's wrong with you ? One month have passed ! And I still didn't receive a domain name I won. Just give me my money back or give me the domain ! Or is it a time for chargebacks !?

case number - 01863873 .

Last edited:

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems Dotster/DomainCom are at least trying to do something to stop the customers from leaving. At least, I was able to get a phone support regarding recently acquired Snapnames pre-release catch - domain was in my account but unmanageable, they actually answered the phone (Sunday night in their timezone), confirmed the problem, and fixed it on Monday 24th which may not necessary be a business day in their office. Now crossing fingers to have the successful transfer-away.

Online searches are making me think that the root cause of the problem is that they were recently acquired by Endurance International Group, Inc. (EIG), formerly BizLand. Endurance owns a number of known hosting companies like bluehost, hostgator, hostmonster, hostcentric, powweb etc. Members of various hosting forums and "customer watchdog" sites are sometimes not too happy with the services they receive from EIG-owned businesses, and our issues with Dotster/Domain.com are not unique at all...

I am also under impression that some pre-release domains they action through SnapNames MAY have been renewed by their owners but the renewals never came through. This opens an unclear legal situation to Dotster/Domain.com, and, to some extend, to us the snapnames buyers. At least, I've seen customers complaints online about domains disappearing from dotster accounts even though the domain renewals were previously paid for (or, at least, renewal requests were submitted, were not processed, and dotster might or might not take customers funds). Of course, we know that previous owners may say all sorts of things, but in case of Dotster this makes some sense

VanGhost

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We sincerely apologize for any issues currently being experienced with Dotster domains won through SnapNames. We will make issues right working with each and every one of you to confirm your purchases and to fix problems where they exist.

Please feel free to contact me directly so that I can work with Dotster and our team to expedite your request. Again we apologize and will investigate each and every report for a resolution.

Thank you for your business.

Best Regards,
Michele Van Tilborg
[email protected]

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
At least SnapNames didn't phuck its customers, like Pool does.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At least SnapNames didn't phuck its customers, like Pool does.

let's not forget Halvarez!
you even own the domain lol

snapnames are the biggest crooks in domaining history

and domain.com is a cu nt of a registrar

I have one there, been trying to get out ages, even logging in can be a mare
I no longer catch domains at snap or namejet
I can't afford it and too much hassle
I leave for other people
I have more domains that can last a lifetime
simply selling, not buying

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
PRED, you know well that the "Hank Alvarez" scam was caused by a single person, founder and VP of operations, not the whole company. And SnapNames compensated those of us that were affected. I applaud that they did what they did to fix the problem.

let's not forget Halvarez!
you even own the domain lol

snapnames are the biggest crooks in domaining history

and domain.com is a cu nt of a registrar

I have one there, been trying to get out ages, even logging in can be a mare
I no longer catch domains at snap or namejet
I can't afford it and too much hassle
I leave for other people
I have more domains that can last a lifetime
simply selling, not buying

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For the previous week I bought 5 domains at the snapnames.com that managed by domain.com/dotster.com/mydomain.com and for each domain they created me a separate account.

xxxxxxx-342325238
xxxxxxx-348923085
xxxxxx7-393252643
xxxxxx2-352364343
xxxxxx1-454303632

I don't understand , if the domain.com and dotster.com and mydomain.com is one company why don't you gather all domains into one control panel instead of creating new account for each domain name ????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom