Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

It's offical, spies at Estibot OR Godaddy when searching for names, be warned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay well this is funny, and it's not a big deal but I felt like sharing with everyone so they are aware of this issue as it's been mentioned before on the forum and I though Estibot was safe but apparently not for searching for available domains.

I was looking up "weedbotanicals.com" and I was gonna register it, totally available, decent forward looking mmj name all that jazz and went and added it to Godaddy cart it was available there as well - long story short next thing you know I go to register the domain name and it had now been taken just then after pulling it up on Godaddy and I go back to Estibot to check the whois and it in fact now shows the whois info when you click into the name details. So someone is watching, either at Estibot or Godaddy and it ain't on my computer because it's all clean and 2 different programs running on it to make sure plus I am on an encrypted connection. Very interesting when someone registers something you are in the process of registering, it almost makes me want to make a big deal out of it and track it down and get lawyers involved and pull some teeth over it :smilewinkgrin:

Maybe I will :cool:

I am sure the whois details on the name are bunk & made up as well. What say'eth DNF on this matter?

Domain summit 2024

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Go figure it was registered at Godaddy, I do not think it's coincidental do you? Literally right as I was gonna register it, anyone know who this guy is?

Registrant Name: JEROME SALUNDAGUIT
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: GREENVILLE, POBLACION, LILOAN
Registrant City: CEBU CITY
Registrant State/Province: CEBU
Registrant Postal Code: 6002
Registrant Country: Philippines
Registrant Phone: +63.971508506825
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: jsalundaguit@gmail.com

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
been there, just wait it out they may drop it after a few days if you don't approach them.

I was going through a few names I was considering for a project on godaddy last year, went back the next day and one of my names was taken, a few days later it was available again - im assuming if you don't approach them they just return the name within godaddys refund policy window.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This seems like an internal spy and if so this is a major legal issue (as well as devastating PR issue) and they could face a massive class action lawsuit, I'm kinda bored I might just start digging now they bothered the wrong dude lol

The odd thing here is that I literally just searched for it at Estibot and then went to reg at Godaddy and I sincerely doubt this guy was doing the same exact thing at the same exact time. Odd, and the common denominator here is always Godaddy. :uhoh:

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
not sure how it could be proved

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My foot in someone's ass might prove it :cool:

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:crutch::crutch::crutch:

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep, I don't even search for names anymore at SpyDaddy. It happened one to many times. You search for a name leave it in the cart for a few minutes to go to search for promo's or whatever and BOOM! it's gone, not available, 9 times out of 10 registered at GoDaddy. Same thing with GD backorders, they NEVER "catch" the names, but the name mysteriously ends up "hand registered" at GoDaddy! Come on now GoDaddy.. hand regs beating your BO's? I think not, SPYDADDY!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sure they would settle out of court, maybe some of us need to go trademark a company name and then set them up and sue their ass off for it under every act possible when they steal the domain name and document the whole process as it occurs. Maybe one of us in the area go work there as an internal spy and get to the bottom of it. Do not underestimate a domainer ;)

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very interesting. Someone should read all the legal verbiage in their agreement. Some registrars sell recently searched for domains and they get picked up in feeds sent out in "suggested domains" at other places. NetSol used to do this themselves before there was a bunch of backlash over it.. they said it was to protect your domain from being taken by someone else after you search for it.. they were doing the honorable thing and grace regging it on your behalf all in your best interests... yeah.

Try some new names out using different places, maybe just using godaddy and no estibot, or just estibot and no godaddy.. figure out the pattern across multiple names and it will be more than just coincidence for sure. Keep us updated.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This did happen to me before but I was not overly aggravated enough to post about it, this was a semi-good domain probably worth $xxx so it deserved to get a thread. The last time this happened I searched for a few names and within about 10 minutes the best one in my group at Godaddy had been registered to some made up Indian name (reg'd at Godaddy of course) so shortly thereafter I contacted the potential seller and they thought an $xxx,xxx deal was coming thier way but for some strange reason they never got the escrow email to confirm the deal and the email used to discuss with them went buh bye all of the sudden, I wonder why? :cool: awwww :lol:

Maybe it's time to have some fun with this dickhead who stole weedbotanicals.com, wasted time can at least be entertaining. Maybe he can have 20 sly domainers trying to buy it here shortly :laugh:

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why not ask the guy who registered the name to see what he says, ask him how he thought of the name, if he was using a bot or program to generate names. be nice - you catch more bee's with sugar than you do with salt.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been all over this but have no idea what to do about it or how to go about proving it. These are not coincidences. For the other party, it is a matter of convenience...convenient for someone else to do the searching and adding to carts only to steal the name out from us.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am going to figure out who this guy is, if it's someone here you better watch your ass because I'm on the trail now and my resources are not limited. ;)

Delete the domain name in the next 24 hours and I might forget this happened and leave you be. :approve:

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You guys must somehow have had your GD accounts marked as "Pro" or "Investor" by GD staff...it just isn't possible that they follow every single guy who made an availability lookup or left a name in their cart.

Just my little conspiracy theory :smilewinkgrin:

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've wondered about this with gd backorders on deleting domains. Though nothing direct can prove it, there were times when I would suspect that the backorders being added were possibly being looked over by gd workers.. think of how easy it would be for a single employee who's job it is to work with domains all day to suddenly become interested in them as a side investment for themselves.. its very possible indeed.. it'd be hard to work with domains all day, hear the news of $x,xxx,xxx sales and not become at least mildly interested in regging a few yourself.

Though this was years ago, I do remember calling in one time for support when I had just started using the backorder service.. the employee answered a few of the questions I askeded about how the process worked and then started getting overly excited and commenting on how good some of those names were in my backorder list.. he even asked me if all these names were ones expiring in the next few days and how good it would be to catch them for pennies on the dollar. His over-excitement just made me uneasy about the intent.. since then I've found that if it is a winner of a name for sure, then its best to just use the top dropcatching places only.

Focus/Gerry - are the ones you're noticing grace deleted, or are they all ones more of quality that just get hung onto indefinitely?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The few I have seen got kept, most anything I search for and intend to reg is well researched ahead of time and nobody is gonna drop it. Look at weedbotanicals.com for instance, even has a big end user in Texas named weed botanical co totally unrelated to the MMJ industry, plus botanical products are all the rage right now in the mmj world. For a hand reg it's a damn good domain name easily worth $xxx

I actually consider it an intellectual property theft once I add it in my cart and if someone is monitoring a registration cue or something there at Godaddy it's very bad news for many customers who have likely been affected by this practice and had their domains stolen at time of potential registration. I consider myself to have been defrauded possibly by this registrar who is possibly committing unfair business practices and attempting to exploit it's customers, steal their domains, and extort money from them for the said domain names. It would surely be a conspiracy as I doubt it's just once person involved in the process. Things move fast in the digital world and it only takes seconds to snatch a domain out from under someone. That's the reality of it.

It could have something to do with Estibot too honestly, as much as I would hate to think so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators