Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

It's offical, spies at Estibot OR Godaddy when searching for names, be warned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domain Auction

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That has happened to me at least 100 times and to be honest, it's no conspiracy, it is fact. Every domain that has been taken from me in that manner was guaranteed to be available prior searching for it or adding it to the cart. I wish lawyers can get involved in this one day because this is a HUGE HUGE problem, it is linked to spying, fraudulent who-is records (available names suddenly been registered for 2 years etc) and even domain parking revenue hijacking.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

personally, I like the owner of the bot for the accomplishments and vision he brings.

but, when you query a data base, that most are paying a subscription fee to use....what do you expect?

it ain't just the "dough-ski", that's getting "biz-zanked"

:rolleyes:

also, gibdaddy is not real-time registrar, said it many times.

use another registrar to search, then if you must, go back to gobiddy.

Good Luck!

imo....

loupe

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if something is not right in their IT department or in case outsourcing plays a role.

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I believe you are all a little off your rocker. No way GoDaddy or Estibot (or some sort of special insider) is registering your available gems. Estibot puts WeedBotanicals.com value at $0 so what would be the trigger there? It's a business model that doesn't work for them.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, we are just making it up. What estibot values a domain name at in an emerging market is not relevant! The trigger for them (whomever snagged it) was the keyword WEED and the fact that it is a useful generic name that makes sense and is only 2 words in dot com. Plus there is a nice size potential end user in Texas for it who sells botanicals from various plants & herbs.

http://weedbotanicalco.com/

You don't think they would rather have weedbotanicals.com or redirect it to their site?

If you value your domain names or the names of others based purely upon Estibot, well, then. Ok :)

Having owned and sold literally some of the best generic domains in the MMJ market I believe my valuation is pretty solid :cool:

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I believe you are all a little off your rocker. No way GoDaddy or Estibot (or some sort of special insider) is registering your available gems. Estibot puts WeedBotanicals.com value at $0 so what would be the trigger there? It's a business model that doesn't work for them.
I am not sure who the "you" is but I mentioned this very thing in another thread about two weeks ago. It is only names put in your cart and are suddenly gone during checkout.

I think you are giving too much credit to the human spirit of doing right by all. That is not the case in these situations. Too coincidental to be coincidence.

With all the blow-ups of the inside staff of these registries (Regfly, Chef Patrick, .travel, Halverez) I am surprised to see anyone, not just you, convinced that this simply can not happen in the largest, mostly unregulated multi billion dollar business in the world.

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any updates on this??
Very interesting post as I've had this unpleasant "experience" before also! :)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any updates on this??
Very interesting post as I've had this unpleasant "experience" before also! :)
Ciao, Pietro.

This is all relatively new and recent activity being experienced at GoDaddy. I have totally avoided GD when searching for names. Chris (Focus) and I were both experiencing too many available's and in the cart suddenly disappearing and being regged. Too coincidental, imo.

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ciao, Pietro.

This is all relatively new and recent activity being experienced at GoDaddy. I have totally avoided GD when searching for names. Chris (Focus) and I were both experiencing too many available's and in the cart suddenly disappearing and being regged. Too coincidental, imo.

Hi Gerr! :)
So glad to see the "OG's" still on the forum! :eek:k:
Do you suspect its GoDaddy or Estibot doing the spying?

manyagem

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hang on a minute. This could be my old mate Jezza. Of yeah, he told me he had this thing about weeds in the botanical gardens. I thought that was Kew Gardens, here in England. What's he doing out in Ceba? Hard to keep tabs on the these cyber acquaintances, eh? I'll slap his wrist next time I see him.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Opps.... lol... error with Whois, both were registered earlier in the day, because they are still showing as available :)

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
General TLDs:OpenCreditcard.comopencreditcard.com whois (on-hold (pending delete))

It is registered, pending delete

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, it is not pending delete, it is registered, just was registered today.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2 different owners - why not email them and ask where they got the idea for the names.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, it is not pending delete, it is registered, just was registered today.
When I looked up WHOIS, it was directed to cashparking and was indicated as PENDING DELETE. The name you posted had a history dating back to 2007. If it was registered yesterday then someone caught that on a drop or the original owner renewed.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Correct me f I am wrong, but I don't believe you could renew in pending delete. Plus, GoDaddy Bo's don't work and they have no API, so it had to be hand regged. But, yeah Gerry, it was hand regged at drop. just an error on my end had it showing as available.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not sure when pending delete kicks in and when the redemption period ends. I believe there is some overlap and I believe (a few years ago) I was able to renew during this pending delete period.

mkellerman

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy does have an API. You have to pay a monthly fee or something to use it. www.godaddy.com/reseller/domain-reseller-api.aspx‎

Secondly, even if domains are showing as available when you search for them, are you sure they really are available? Could it be Godaddy are using cached whois info, but when you actually try to purchase the domain, godaddy finds that it is already registered?

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy has no API for drop catching names, that is the reseller API. Even if someone did use the Reseller API to dropcatch names, then the Whois would be Wild West Domains, not GoDaddy.

Belal.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I only check availability of a domain name when I'm ready to register it at the same time. I don't wait, Got burned awhile back during the registrar domain tasting days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators