Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

closed I've had 3 inquiries so far this year...

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wired

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had 3 inquiries so far this year for:

mbps.com

Its can mean megabits (txs DKNY for correction) per second.

I just had an inquiry this week and of course they ask, how much and I scare them away by saying make an offer or by giving them my asking price.

How much do you think my asking price should be? I suggest they go to AN or GD where the .net is offered at 5k.

I would like to better prepared when I am asked again.

Thank you in advance all. M-wired.:)

Domain Summit 2024
D

dkny

fyi, mbps is megabits per second. transfer speed is measured in bit, not byte.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would hold back from suggesting a price. Tell them to offer you a price, and let them know that you will negotiate on their offer.

RMF

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While it would be a good name for a small broadband or hosting company, I don't believe a major company would be interested in this acronym. I think if you get an offer between $500 and $1000, you should take it.

There's only 8 links going to it and it only has 458 searches on Overture.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
mbps.com - nice 4 letter dot com. Set a price and stick to it - I'd say $1,500 but $1,000 might get it off your hands faster.

Wired

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by lotsofissues
Yes I agree there must be some value, but I can't think of a use.

These three inquiries, what organizations were they from?

The first two I do not know. Emails showed no identity. Last week's inquiry was from a reknowned internet/computer educator.
I picked up the name and all other extensions were available, now only .org remains.

Wired

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RMF
I would hold back from suggesting a price. Tell them to offer you a price, and let them know that you will negotiate on their offer.

RMF

Your suggestion (wording) is worth gold. Txs!

Wired

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by BigFart

Never quote a price and at the same time tell them you are not serious about the price by offering to negotiate. Or never tell them to make an offer and that you don't take their offer serious by offering negotiation before you have the price.

You are just asking them to low ball you by saying that you want to negotiate on their offer. Once you have the offer is the time to start negotiation.

What I do when somebody inquires on a domain that I think is valuable. Tell them you don't give quotes on annonomous email but that you would be glad to give them a price if they phone you. I almost never complete a deal through email alone.

If you are not in the US and phoning is not an alternative then tell them you would be glad to quote them a price if they send you a request on their company letterhead.

If they won't do either of these things then they aren't serious anyway and just window shopping..

BF, thank you for your comments.

I particularly like how you deal with the anonymous email inquiries.

Usually they will ask if available and how much? I just can't seem to take them serious but I do since its hard to know if they are representing a real deal or just window shopping. I have responded just in case it was a big company asking and they wanted to keep the potential buyer quiet since they believe big company means big offer.

Txs! m-wired

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Excellent scenerios......"How to negotiate domain name reselling"
The "BigFart" outlines "bargaining techniques" in dealing with
perspective buyers.

**A Must Read Thread**

M

mortario

The name itself worth $1000 (nice 4 letters, links, etc) but it worth more if you can sell it to a hosting co, datacenter, internet provider, etc.

Goodluck

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pick an amount you would settle for and start a little higher.
I was offered $500 for a name and countered with $7000. After a little negotiation I let it go for $5000. This was the number I had in mind at the outset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom