Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld Jan.5/11 TBR-Big ticket LLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice long list this week.

I'm guessing that his dot ca will be the hit of the week? Any guesses on final value (5K) ? And who the funk let it drop?

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i doubt 5k

the exact canadian searches is less than 2k and CPC is only $0.68

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't see much use for a domain like that beyond the obvious three letter. And why would it hit 5k when dui (dot) ca is for sale on the forum and apparently can't attract bids of more than 1300 despite thousands of monthly searches and $11 PPC prices???

Other than the fact it's an auction and people seem to bid stupidly :rolleyes:

http://www.dnforum.com/f356/dui-ca-sale-thread-442724.html

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
dui isn't as great as you think...

Wzhxvy

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have stopped trying to figure out the motivation for why certain names drop. I dont think his.ca is a 5K domain mind you, at least not on TBR. Depending where it lands it will be between 500 and 1500 is my guess. I do expect that in the next 3 months, we are going to start seeing some better names drop because of the new system. It will change the TBR game a bit I think.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You tell people not to comment in your sales thread... yet you bring up the name in other threads

wake up call - not a great name... try to focus on the thread subject and not moving towards your personal interests

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You tell people not to comment in your sales thread... yet you bring up the name in other threads

wake up call - not a great name... try to focus on the thread subject and not moving towards your personal interests

Thanks for the input. First of all the rules of the forum prohibit comments on sales threads. This isn't a sales thread. The post pointed out there was a lot better 3 letter for sale currently attracting bids far below the 5k he was thinking the domain would sell for. It was completely relevant to the thread and if a little self interest slipped in there....good. We're all here for business purposes.

You don't like dui great. Your problem. There aren't that many 3 letters that actually say something in an important business category. Perhaps you have some that are better and if so feel free to share them. Start another thread so you don't jack this one!

Other than that you're heading off topic here.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Good names speak for themselves i don't shove my names down other peoples throats.

"This is a major legal keyword for some very expensive clicks. Google shows 1000+ searches daily (broad match) at $11.68 average adwords cost."

Next time when you post a name for sale... just post the name. No need for the BS. That's the only reason your got comments in your thread.

Average adwords cost has nothing to do with anything. You are either making money on it or you're not. Keep dreaming though.

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The domain his.ca is a perfect example of what hopefully will happen with "catchy" .ca domains. Someone will see the value (short, brandable, easy to remember) and develop/promote. I just saw a commercial for a product with a .ca website that had a hyphen domain. Crap marketing IMHO. The more that people use .ca to promote products the better for everyone on this forum but hopefully people will do it so it generates some results.

There are some other great domains available this week good luck to everyone.

Have to say re: dui its not really a canadian term and check the EXACT searches for Canada. Big difference when trying to generate real SERP traffic if you compare EXACT vs BROAD numbers. I only use EXACT to determine a domain/website potential.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good names speak for themselves i don't shove my names down other peoples throats.

"This is a major legal keyword for some very expensive clicks. Google shows 1000+ searches daily (broad match) at $11.68 average adwords cost."

Next time when you post a name for sale... just post the name. No need for the BS. That's the only reason your got comments in your thread.

Some people might say "thanks for looking that up for me" :disappointed: It's information I always check before buying a domain

Average adwords cost has nothing to do with anything. You are either making money on it or you're not.

Average adwords cost has everything to do with developing a domain. Which is clearly what I posted the domain for.

Keep dreaming though.
Thinking you can and a good story produces great sales. I went back a few months but couldn't find any of yours. It would be nice if you could share some successful sales you've made doing it your way. Seeing as how you won't share any great 3 letter domains you own.

Surprisingly though I did find this post made back on dec 1 that is virtually identical to the post you started criticizing me for :rolleyes:

how can y2 go for $2200 ?? when there are LN.ca's on the forum here that can't even sell for $1200 ????

what am i missing here?

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There's your problem right there. Most of us here are resellers and you expect us to buy your domain at end user prices and develop. Go pitch that elsewhere.

There's a reason you don't see my domains, because i'm not looking to sell it to resellers.

Also to the above post about y2 - it was in TBR twice once for about $400 second time for around $600 i believe. My point was people were talking it up that it would sell for a lot while they know people don't buy domains for that much on the forum. So between 400-600 at least was more realistic than people saying it would fetch $2200.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There's your problem right there. Most of us here are resellers and you expect us to buy your domain at end user prices and develop. Go pitch that elsewhere.

Sorry I didn't get the memo putting you in charge of "how domains are posted for sale" Would you be kind enough to share an approved format that will get your blessing:blush:

Also to the above post about y2 - it was in TBR twice once for about $400 second time for around $600 i believe. My point was people were talking it up that it would sell for a lot while they know people don't buy domains for that much on the forum. So between 400-600 at least was more realistic than people saying it would fetch $2200.

Ahhh but you see "I didn't criticize your post". And that was exactly the same point I made with MY POST

There's a reason you don't see my domains, because i'm not looking to sell it to resellers.

• So you have no successful sales you can point to
  • You have no fabulous 3 letters you can point to
  • You are "in charge" of domain sales listings

Good to know!:)

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

BTW if any really thinks this place is only populated by domain resellers, don't be foolish. We do seo work for corporate clients and buy domains for them and pay the price.
There are tons of consultants, designers and seo people in here.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
My sales are private they are none of your business.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

I didn't say there weren't...but the majority are resellers.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You're not stepping on my toes... but you post something for sale.. you get offers and you're not happy about it. Post a BIN and be done with it and don't insert your name in other threads just to try to attract extra attention. If you do.. then don't be upset if i don't think your name is all that great.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're not stepping on my toes... but you post something for sale.. you get offers and you're not happy about it. Post a BIN and be done with it and don't insert your name in other threads just to try to attract extra attention. If you do.. then don't be upset if i don't think your name is all that great.

Well please don't be upset if I place the same value on your opinion as you do on the domain:lol:

I'm sure everyone here will try and make sure their sales posts meet your approved format:eek:k:

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like everything ended up at Sibername today..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators