Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Jan.5/11 TBR-Big ticket LLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do the phones not work at Pool??

Wzhxvy

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Pool was successful in getting 2 good names for me and 2 are in auction. They have not been as prolific as they have been in the past but I would guess they are working it.

My issue is that I sent them an urgent email 2 days ago and have yet to receive a response. And I am a pretty low maintenance client. They need to step it up a bit.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pool was successful in getting 2 good names for me and 2 are in auction. They have not been as prolific as they have been in the past but I would guess they are working it.

My issue is that I sent them an urgent email 2 days ago and have yet to receive a response. And I am a pretty low maintenance client. They need to step it up a bit.

They're job-sharing arrangement with CIRA has an impact during holiday periods.:eek:

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So how mush did his.ca and log.ca fetch at the end.. I would be surprised if it went above $1K.. I may be wrong.. who knows.

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you domainatrix for the update..

Wzhxvy

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes good point. It was better than i would have anticipated. There were a few "provincials" converted to non provincials that dropped, and a few domains that were held by third party "brand protectors" that were released...not sure if by mistake of if whoever they were protecting that brand for, was no longer interested in that name.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes good point. It was better than i would have anticipated. There were a few "provincials" converted to non provincials that dropped, and a few domains that were held by third party "brand protectors" that were released...not sure if by mistake of if whoever they were protecting that brand for, was no longer interested in that name.

Would that be a certain Ontario one?

Wzhxvy

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The company looks like they are a serious player and does not appear to have a Canada presence but they must to own domains. They are Delaware registered and have offices in Wilmington. I have seen them drop some pretty big names in the last 18 months but I cant see them dropping them by mistake...

or are you asking about the provincial domain(s) ?

Actually..correction...CIRA must have stepped in..the actual company name (in the .ca) also dropped this last week. I presume they were uncovered by CIRA and asked to drop their domains as non Canadian owners. One brave soul actually picked up their company name in TBR...not sure why...lol. The global website does say they operate in Canada but who knows...something is up...

Last edited:

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One would assume they are trying then to scoop the remaining domains before they go TBR.:rolleyes:

Wzhxvy

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You are more devious than I thought you were :)

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Wzhxvy

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
dont worry...they will find out that they cant transfer the names :), so you are not that devious

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unless they use Webnames.ca! :eek:

ryanmlanane

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The .com of PokerRoom used to be a big poker site before it was bought by bwin (I think)

It is frustrating when ccTLD registries allow only citizens of the country to reg - I would think at least forming a shell corp in that country should be enough but in some apparently it isn't ?

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since Delaware has not joined Canada as of yet, the shell corporation would have been enough, if it were incorporated in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators