Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise Just curious...... Value of ChaseMobile.com, .net, .org?

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

infinite

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This is a tough one. Initially, when I saw the title, I told myself "yeah, this would really only be of any use to the bank, which probably doesn't want it, and with potential trademark problems on top of things. So, pretty worthless unless there is a Hail Mary (someone else having a use for 'chase' without fearing running into problems with the bank)"

Now, if you do have a trademark on it, the situation is different. The real question, IMHO, is: Who wants to use such a recognized name (which will quite inevitably make people think about the bank) for something else? Maybe it would be a great brand for a mobile carrier or something in that area. But is it a positive to have a name which reminds something (else) to people, or is it a negative? Difficult question.

In the end, it would all be about finding someone willing to do something with it. May be possible for a good price. May not be easy. I'm not sure.

infinite

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, I do indeed own the trademark and am plenty happy using the website myself indefinitely.

It's always a great conversation starter and I've made some pretty decent money on it over the years (it generates revenue).

The only stipulation of the active coexistence agreement is that the website includes the disclaimer you see at the bottom; redirecting people to Chase.com/mobile for their Chase Mobile Banking App.

Mostly just curious what my fellow web professionals think the speculative/appraisal value might be? Obviously, a bit of a unique one, as I don't think it's every day that someone goes up against JP Morgan & their IP counsel, Goodwin Proctor, and comes out victorious. Others have compared it to Nissan.com, etc.

As you mentioned, if I were to someday start a mobile carrier brand on it or something, or sell to a group that wanted to do something like that? Mostly looking to hear some ideas/feedback on an interesting direction for things, I suppose.

Also, fun side-note: they definitely want the domains, I have a folder of letters from Mark Monitor and direct counsel of JP Morgan asking (in a bully-like manner) for me to "hand them over" - but I had prior established use in the market and a legitimate use case, and, of course, my name is Chase. My lawyers fought hard and we won. Federal Trademark is aged for many years and was granted an "irrevocable status" by the USPTO.

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

Nice name for a mobile service,
but i agree with @DomainsGENERAL.com on his viewpoints too.

i don't think anybody else would touch it, even if TM was transferrable...simply because of the money behind JP.

the best thing to do would be to start a mobile service and then try to sell it, then that, would be something a buyer could defend.

i've owned "callmobile.com" for years and it still gets some visitors and earns a few pennies. ;)

Good Luck!

imo....

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Be careful registering more domains with the keyword mobile.
Companies are figuring out that you don't tie yourself to one business motto anymore.

In Canada a major player Bell Canada which has a flanker brand called Virgin Mobile just renamed themselves to Virgin Plus because it more closely reflects their expanding business.

As everyone is getting into everything it is important to realize that more businesses will be looking for names that encompass more.

A good example is JoePlumber.com all of a sudden he adds heating and the name becomes JoePlumbingHeating.com but then he adds video for pipe inspection.

Best thing is to start with a domain JoeMechanical.com (or similar) which can encompass a number of services.

So moving forward shoe stores are selling socks and shirts so calling themselves a shoe store is limiting, the trend is to use all encompassing names. So the chances of new companies using the word mobile is still pretty strong but not as strong moving forward.

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
This name is good for a mobile phone service center or a shop that sell mobile devices and gadgets.
P.s. gongrats on fighting your case, I knew it's possible, those reptiloids think everything belongs to them!

infinite

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Funny you all suggest the mobile/cell phone angle so strongly. I've run large volumes of TCPA-compliant SMS for years, and for a long time considered doing a mobile phone / accessories shop for SIMs, Phones, etc. Maybe that's worth finally exploring + keeping the agency/web development links prominently displayed at the top

infinite

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Really appreciate everyone's comments and feedback. Fun brainstorming with you guys!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators