Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Just got owned by an end user...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nparkin0

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would say that is rather unlucky. But if you look at it from the perspective that you got a decent offer for the times then its not all bad.

Personally I would be wary of countering too high incase it scares someone off who isn't necessarily an end user. I guess its the chance you take

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
congrats on sale

Last edited:

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ouch.

Sorry to hear that bro but can never look back, if I looked back Id cry as well.

On a side note they are Italian so I am a little happy they succeeded lmao Viva Italia

They also have vrv.it so unless they made an offer like this...

" ay ooooh Luigi you sella the namea to us? " You had no way to knwo :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That's why I've recommended the use of v3whois.

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just because an end user might have a lot of money doesn't mean they will pay a lot of money for a domain.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Just because an end user might have a lot of money doesn't mean they will pay a lot of money for a domain.

Ever heard of the power of "no"?

The more money one has, the harder they deal with refusal and rejection ;)

Upping your asking price is the *only* way to make more money out of any sale!

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just pretend they paid you in lira - you'd be a millionaire!

(I had a similar story last year, sold TJD dot-com through Afternic for a decent but not great price, then found out the buyer was TJ Demas, who had just spent over a million bucks on some numerical domains. :sigh: But then I met him at Traffic NYC, and he said he wouldn't have paid much more for it anyway. So you never know.)

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After seeing the site, I'm almost positive I know the buyer. He's a member here as well...

So don't be to harsh on yourself...

Fellow DNFer +1
Rob +.5 for the sale

:)

In this case Robert had little to no chance getting a better price. I would be satisfied.. !

HBK216

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just pretend they paid you in lira - you'd be a millionaire!

(I had a similar story last year, sold TJD dot-com through Afternic for a decent but not great price, then found out the buyer was TJ Demas, who had just spent over a million bucks on some numerical domains. :sigh: But then I met him at Traffic NYC, and he said he wouldn't have paid much more for it anyway. So you never know.)

I do have a question though out of curiosity. Do you think he might have just said that to be nice or because he already had it for awhile?

Oh & congratulations on the sale bdjuf!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So I get a decent offer on one of my LLL.coms on Sedo (decent offer for the times)

I counter back with a higher number obviously, and then the bidder goes and asks me how much traffic the domain receives, where the traffic is from, and how much revenue the domain name makes per month.

We finally agree on a price that I was happy to sell at given the times

I checked the domain today, and this is what I saw: http://www.vrv.com

End User 1
Bdjuf 0

maybe and not necessarily true... you figured that the domain had only 1 premium letter, so you undervalued it.

end-users don't typically ask about traffic or revenue, so that would have tipped me than it was a domainer.

be happy that someone took this name out of circulation :)

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ever heard of the power of "no"?

The more money one has, the harder they deal with refusal and rejection ;)

Upping your asking price is the *only* way to make more money out of any sale!

I could not agree more!!!! You can always go down when negotiating, but not up. My advice is always quote a price that is in direct value of the domain. to you.....at the time and place of the offer....and decide if you want to really sell it. if you need the money, sell it, if not, then hold off. Be happy and move on to the next sale! Always be happy with any sale...it promotes good
vibes for the next one.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Question is..how much did you sell it for? under 10k? (hope not) lol

You freaks keep saying LLL.com's are down in value when reality is they are more valuable than EVER, just maybe not amongst resellers on domain forums. My largest resales & profits ever have been mainly with LLL.com's. I will GLADLY pay 20k+ for premium letters with traffic..they always make you money or get resold higher 9 times out of 10. One of the most solid investments in the domain market, always will be - short, memorable, .com you just can't go wrong.

Dorkside

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tough break for you, it always hurts to sell a domain at a loss, but at the same time it is important to keep cash flow going and to always be on the lookout for the next deal.

I think it is a really positive thing for the industry whenever a domain is sold to an end-user and put to use.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At least you made somebody happy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom