Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Just got owned by an end user...

Status
Not open for further replies.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's one of my 9-5 competitors!!! (real job)

Whoever has KNM can make a mint too... similar type, but much larger competitor.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Robert move on I've loss some times in past too but...forgot the past and look at the future.

Just make a deep analysis about the LLL.com market these days and hold your others LLL for better times.

You have some great gems in your portfolio so you will make the money you loose now very quick I'm sure :)

.h2o.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just because an end user might have a lot of money doesn't mean they will pay a lot of money for a domain.

So true. I just came across a billion dollar company that said they are willing to pay $30-$50 for a domain :)

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Be blessed that you were able to make the sale.. Sorry for the loss but check it as a learning experience and make the next one the best one!

bgmv

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting, VRV.it was regd before VRV.com

I recently got owned by an enduser as well. Sold for 7x what i paid for the LLLL.com but I left ALOT of money on the table, thought the buyer was a domainer: check www.gelp.com

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the future...at sedo did you look at "info about the buyer"? I Assume it said Italy, so just go to google.it and type in your domain...first in the serps is vrv-group.com...

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hehe Robert I've done the same thing a couple of times. Sometimes it's hard to tell who you're dealing with, but the important thing is; you were satisfied with the sale, regardless of the buyer and that's what counts.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now as you plan, you can invest in other quality domains and those names might cover your loss.

ARMG

Undeveloped.com - Domain name marketplace
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Or VRV had done his homework very well or they had hired a domainer to close the deal...

You've got to give them some respect though lol... When you actually are a end-user trying to give the impression you're a reseller by asking for traffic, traffic source and revenue in order to get the domain "cheap" hehe well done...

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just because an end user might have a lot of money doesn't mean they will pay a lot of money for a domain.

I had a domain name that one of richest men in world wanted. Did he buy
it ?. Hell no, he WIPO'd me and ,temporarily, has it.

DG

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There are rich people who won't pay anything for a domain they really want.

But you know what...at the end of the day. I sleep at night knowing it's mine.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
theinvestor said:

true...and it's all relative. We all at times, no matter how much we make, have refused to buy something simply because we thought the price was too high for it...especially if there are other options, as is commonly the case with domains.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had nightmares with companies who prefer to pay lawyers thousands of dollars and wait months to get the domain through a wipo or udrp rather than buy the domain of you for a couple of grand,dont make sense.........

But you know what...at the end of the day. I sleep at night knowing it's mine.

Quality..........:lol:

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should be happy because the domain has been sold to an end user, so the domain is off resale market now. You won't have to feel more regretful that the buyer (another domainer) might sold it for a huge sum later :)

Congrats!

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me on a sale later to find out it was comcast...I made a real nice profit so I was not that upset, but I was convinced it was a domainer by the questions and negotiation...so I let it go at less than I knew it could go for...if it was comcast or a similar company.

I think some companies do some resarch/due diligence and also get people who know the domain market to handle all the negotiation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom