Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Just saw that Jobs.ca sold again

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain summit 2024

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nice sale

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
??? this isn't good if it was bought for 600k a few years back. :frusty:

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nope

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok - someone needs to say it - I have always doubted the 650K price from the beginning, 450K is the correct price in my mind..........

Doubting is free. The actual price it originally sold at was $600K. So if you always doubted the price, please always doubt the correct price.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Shows that regardless of the times the name is a great one!

Congrats Shaun

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting to see how this will all play out, re: the buyer will be using Jobs.ca and the seller will continue with other Canadian job websites.

I think the transaction will work well for both parties. The buyer has a credible need and use for the jobs.ca domain right away; and the a seller credible need and use of the proceeds of the sale. Sounds like a win/win to me!

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's always great to hear the background on big domain sales, especially this one with all it's history. Toronto is a prime area to focus on for a jobs site, for obvious reasons.

Has Jobs.ca already been forwarded to the new site, or is that the old one still?

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's always great to hear the background on big domain sales, especially this one with all it's history. Toronto is a prime area to focus on for a jobs site, for obvious reasons.

Has Jobs.ca already been forwarded to the new site, or is that the old one still?

Still the old one. I'm guessing the new owners are building their own site, as the sale did not include the website (most of the functionality had been disabled before the transfer of the domain).

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doubting is free. The actual price it originally sold at was $600K. So if you always doubted the price, please always doubt the correct price.

Couldn't have said it better. You can doubt all you want, but if you actually have the money in your pocket to put forth, and in turn, are in a position to realize the gains that a $600k investment could have had, perhaps that doubt might dissipate a little bit. This is a serious game with serious stakes; and with a well-executed plan, it's positioned for serious returns. The domain doesn't guarantee that, but it sure puts you on the right path.

Candomain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congrat's Shaun!!!
Great sale for a .ca. Even though the sale price was lower than the last one the revenues from the operation of the site may have made up for the difference, as mentioned on another blog. Regardless it PROVES there is great value in keyword .ca's even in a sketchy economy.
I have JobWebsite.ca waiting to be developed. :)
Cheers! Happy Holidays!!

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't see this as good news. :frusty:

from the facts posted domain bought for 600k and sold for 450k. ???

not a rinse and repeat for sure.

but if the seller and buyer are happy. Congrats to both!!!

Last edited:

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Couldn't have said it better. You can doubt all you want, but if you actually have the money in your pocket to put forth, and in turn, are in a position to realize the gains that a $600k investment could have had, perhaps that doubt might dissipate a little bit. This is a serious game with serious stakes; and with a well-executed plan, it's positioned for serious returns. The domain doesn't guarantee that, but it sure puts you on the right path.

Nobody wants to lose money on a domain name, but now and then it happens. Often in business it is the "point in time" that decides the decisions we make. The long-term impact of that decision determines if it is a good one or not. This is not the only negative deal I've done in the domain business, nor will it probably be the last. Thankfully I have had more that enough successes to offset the failures.

... I have always lived by the philosophy of "it's what you do with the money that matters".

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators